Vascularity

nexangelus

Carpe diem, baby!
I know this is a strange topic to be posting, but in case anyone else is getting leaner and noticing more and more veins appearing...it's not unusual...a little scary, as I have never been particularly vascular before (in fact when I have had to have blood tests in the past, they have trouble finding veins, NOT ANYMORE!!!), have been low in weight but not had veins poking out in strange places...the strangest being my abdomen (apart from pregnancy of course)...I have these long veins, a web of them that pop up especially along my left and right obliques...and the groin region is beginning to look really weird too...it's nice to be lean, but a bit unnerving...veins bulging up in arms, legs, feet and hands and then tummy...erk!

Last edited:
Hey Nexangelus,

Are you not working out too furiously? lol
I have seen recent photos of Madonna and Angelina Jolie on the internet with critics reports saying that a high energy exercise with a poor eating plan makes your blood pressure higher, because the body doesn't manage to get all the nutrients needed. It causes increase in diameter of your vascular system to pump the blood and speed up the delivery of vitamins and micro elements. I would get a vitamin complex and wouldn't worry too much. :)
Your body is going through big changes now, it will go off once you stabilize your weight.
Good luck with it:)

When you say that your veins are more visible, do you mean they're popping out or do you mean that you can just see them more through your skin?

My understanding is that it's genetic. Some people's veins just lie closer to the surface than others. I'm quite pale and you can see my blue veins at different points on my body... always have been able to. At some points, particularly on the inside of my upper arms and on the inside of my wrists and elbows, they are highly visible.

I think it's kind of the same sort of thing you might be experiencing. When I've been thinner, you've been able to see more of my veins, mainly because there's just less fat to hide them from view. The ones on the inside of my elbows are a little bulgey, even... makes it really easy for the nurse if they go to take blood for a test!

Yeah I have pale skin (where the transluscence allows veins to be visible), but never really had the pokey out vein business until this year...I'm not skinny though, blimey! But have less fat now (devised my own eating plan) than when I lost lots of 'weight' before with vlcds...

i have one on my neck...and when i lift heavy weights in training it sticks out for days :8855: (like diedre barlow off corre) :D

Ewwww, yeah you suddenly reminded me of some hidden by my hair (on my head of course)...those ones I now have near my temples, they're scary too...eeek!

What a lovely concept! Noticed veins on my arms recently, which I hadn't seen in about 10 years, and was very plesaed. What is good is that the overlying fat is getting burnt off. I was just as pleased when my hip bones reappeared!!

Hmm I'd like to be skinny but probably not skinny enough my veins come thru.

Just read through some of the replies properly...I am NOT skinny (9 stone 6), far from it, lean but not skinny...not as lean as I'd like, but getting there...I think it is the weight training that encourages vein growth to support the new larger muscle and to help oxygenate and feed the new tissue...

I'm not working out too furiously either, what constitutes too furiously? I work as hard as I can all the time...I push myself so I sweat and get my heart rate up there...what's the point otherwise? I want to see results and I want to get fitter, faster, leaner and stronger...if I don't push myself, I will stagnate and not get to where I want to be...I guess I am just very determined and ambitious with regards to my exercise and my body lately. I want to push it as far as it can go within reason.

Oh I have some new veins to admire on my right bicep now...heh!

Back