Veg question :)

On the Cruise phase, are you able to eat ALL veg other than peas, sweetcorn and beans?

No not everything. There is a list at the back of the book but it tends not to be startchy things like peas, corn, beans, sweet potatoes etc. Other sweet veg like carrots and beetroot you shouldn't have too much of either.

No not everything. There is a list at the back of the book but it tends not to be startchy things like peas, corn, beans, sweet potatoes etc. Other sweet veg like carrots and beetroot you shouldn't have too much of either.

Hi, thanks for your reply! My book arrived today, the list didn't look very long, so wondered if it was just the listed veggies :)

Also, someone I know who's doing Dukan said you can eat sweet potato, I didn't see this listed in the book though :eek:/

it's ner the back - a longer list - is it page 254? I will go and check. - and a def no to s pot, but you can have butternut.

The weight loss on Dukan can fluctuate (depending on how much weight you've to lose obviously to start with), and it's not a straight descent for most. Some find a slight water gain after a PV day, which a PP day then normally removes.

The important thing on PV days is not to forget that this is a high protein diet. So keep, say, 66% of your plate protein for just 33% veg/salad and stick to green and leafy veg if you're really in a hurry!

Once you get into Cruise don't expect the big losses - depending on your weight and if you were dieting previously, perhaps 1 - 2 lbs per week if you don't cheat. This is a very strict diet and if you are looking for a lose lots of weight very quickly fix, this probably isn't it:) I average 1-2 lbs but sometimes stay the same despite sticking to it strictly.

Strict diets suit me better, because when there's loads of choice (like on SW) you can stuff your face on everything lol - teaches nothing about portion control. Also I'm a sort of all or nothing person, I can follow a diet when I'm not cheating, but once I cheat, that sends me righ off track and I can't do it anymore.

I'd be happy with a 2lb loss a week :) The Dukan webby says I should reach my goal weight by the middle of August, that's not too long! Then onto stages 3 and 4 :)

I've been cooking my bf massive meals full of carbs, this makes me sad :( lol, at least it shows I have willpower :D

Also, I'm going out for a pub meal on Fri, what's the best option to go for? I was thinking a steak, 2 eggs and salad? Was gonna go for gammon - but that'd be too salty :( Also, the veg they serve is horrible (apart from the peas) and limited, so that wouldn't really be an option.

Also, I'm going out for a pub meal on Fri, what's the best option to go for? I was thinking a steak, 2 eggs and salad? Was gonna go for gammon - but that'd be too salty :( Also, the veg they serve is horrible (apart from the peas) and limited, so that wouldn't really be an option.

I've had steak and a salad whilst out on PV days. It's simple and most pubs serve it. Enjoy your meal!

Steak is a good option - make sure they don't even put the chips on your plate and ask for salad instead, then you won't be tempted.

and remember to ask for "no dressing"!

Omelette is also a good one to ask for :D

I couldn't believe it last time I went out for lunch! I asked for the Caesar salad with no dressing, cheese or croutons, only to be told that the dressing and cheese was already mixed in! They didn't offer to make me anything fresh!! I had thought I was in a really nice place - won't go there again. I will tell you about it when I see you Jo, as it's in Bournemouth.

I don't really like salad dressings, which I suppose is a good thing ;) I miss my tomato ketchup and sauces though, will have to try making some Dukan sauces!

fat free fromage frais (or fromage blanc) with some mustard, vinegar and herbs is one I favour. I make a jar of it and leave it in the fridge if I know I've some salads coming up...

There's a Dukan ketchup recipe!

Back