Vegan and starting Slimming World.

agent_44

Hi all,

Not new to SW, but not followed the plan for a very long time. I'm vegan but I have always struggled with my weight. I am fed up and done with being the way I am. I have a lot of challenges in the next few weeks though, two festivals and an all inclusive holiday. I know I won't be perfect but I hope when I am away I can keep some control!

Are there any other vegans here who would like to buddy up and swap tips? I am especially worried about breakfast and eating on the run!

Im not vegan but i am veggie & try to eat alot of vegan foods.

You can have 1l of unsweetened almond milk or 500mls of sweetened. Not found a cheese thats a healthy extra a But ask your consultant.

You could have porridge in the morns with almond milk? I usually eat fruit on the go, or sugar snap peas. Mug shots are good for convience not sure if they are vegan xx

Soya cheese used to be a HEB but looks like it is no more, sad times! Yeah I am starting to get some ideas. I'm going to have to do a lot of eating on the run which is my biggest worry!

A flask may become your new best friend??

Hi all,

Not new to SW, but not followed the plan for a very long time. I'm vegan but I have always struggled with my weight. I am fed up and done with being the way I am. I have a lot of challenges in the next few weeks though, two festivals and an all inclusive holiday. I know I won't be perfect but I hope when I am away I can keep some control!

Are there any other vegans here who would like to buddy up and swap tips? I am especially worried about breakfast and eating on the run!

Hello! I've stumbled across your post looking for exactly the same as you - I'm vegan and also in Bristol so if you fancy buddying up I'm up for it!

Also not new to SW but I am as a vegan and am trying to get my head round how this will work. It looks ok but would appreciate talking to someone else who isn't all over the muller lights etc Pm me if you fancy having a chat - Laura x

Hi

I am a vegan.

I've tried SW before and had varying successes and failures. Need to get back on the weight loss bandwagon so up for giving it another go!

I find SW hard as a vegan sometimes. Loads of free vegan stuff such as rice, potatoes and pasta plus fruit and vegetables. Yet, some of the vegan soya products are quite high in 'syns'. I only ever use vegan milk soya or almond for my hexA as no cheese option so sometime get a bit bored.

That could be me rather than SW and I need to be a bit more creative in my food choices and cooking. Lol.

Anyway, be happy to chat and see how everyone gets on :)

I'm doing it the other way round. Already been slimming world ingredients for a while, but trying to cut out meat, eggs and dairy (be vegan).

The Linda McCartney rosemary and whatever sausages are free and vegan I believe.

My vegan slimming world repertoire for syn free meals is as follows...

Vegetable and Chickpea Dahl and Rice
Spicy chickpeas and rice
Veg and tofu curry
Rice with edale and tamarind scallion sauce (I like this with grilled smoked tofu, which does have some syns)
Veg and bean chilli
Soups (lentil and vegetable ones)
Mushroom and rice 'shepherds pie'
Stitpr fry tofu and veg with noodles
Chickpea, corn and coriander burgers with wedges (adapted Jamie Oliver online recipe)

Am also having to learn diffrent vegan sweeties. I really want to try making the meringues using chickpea brine, which will obviously have some syns in like normal meringues do.

The Panda liquorice bars are 4 or 5 depending which you get. And the Bear Fruit Yo-yo things are pretty good (buy one get one for a penny in the Holland & Barrett penny sale at the moment ) at 1.5 syn per your (2 in a pack).

Back