vegan dieting

RachelM

Does anyone follow a vegan diet? I am currently a vegetarian and have been for a decade now but I've heard that a vegan diet can be one of the healthiest diets there is and that it is fantastic for weight loss.

Just wondering how true this is? I've replaced cows milk with soya and I'm trying a few different vegan cheese style replacements but if anyone could recommend some good alternatives to cheese or anything else I'd be hugely grateful!

I already include a variety of nuts and seeds in my diets so I'm hoping it's not going to be that big of a change, or am I in for a shock lol?

Does anyone follow a vegan diet? I am currently a vegetarian and have been for a decade now but I've heard that a vegan diet can be one of the healthiest diets there is and that it is fantastic for weight loss.

Just wondering how true this is? I've replaced cows milk with soya and I'm trying a few different vegan cheese style replacements but if anyone could recommend some good alternatives to cheese or anything else I'd be hugely grateful!

I already include a variety of nuts and seeds in my diets so I'm hoping it's not going to be that big of a change, or am I in for a shock lol?

the 2 is similar ?

I think you need to go to our library and get out a few books on the subject as it will be VERY serious for your future health if you miss out on certain elements that are necessary for your biological well-being. It's very complicated to eat a really good, healthy vegan diet. A few nuts don't make up the losses. There are certain combinations of foods that you need to eat to get the right balance. It must be possible of that's what you want to do, but please investigate it well in advance.

Veganism isn't one of the healthiest diets as I believe they have to take supplements to get certain vitamins that they can't get from the food they eat. I'd stick to vegetarianism if I were you. Why make life more complicated?!

I've been a vegetarian since I was 15 , it is possible to be overweight as a veggie or vegan. I would love to be a vegan one day but love eating Quorn too much!

I posted earlier and my post seems to have disappeared so it might reappear saying roughly the same thing as this. I'm a vegetarian and I think it's not a good idea to try and change to a vegan diet at the same time as trying to lose weight because of the difficulty of getting the nutrition right. Lack of vitamin B12 especially can be very dangerous. I would lose the weight first then research veganism to see if you really want to change to it. There are a lot of sites out there, you just need to google 'vegan society' and 'vegan recipes'. It can be a healthy diet but the main reasons for it are ethical, and I wouldn't do it just to lose weight.

Back