Vegan slimming world

faye cheshire

Silver Member
I have not been here for a while as I have transitioned to being vegan for ethical and health benefits..

I have done Sw before but not as a vegan. Any tips would be really appreciated. Also to get to know a few ppl and their stories.
I just want to be healthy and lose some weight. I have started to jog again but it is only a slow jog. I am up to 5 miles but after Xmas want to get to 6.1. No further though.
All replies gratefully recieved.
Faye x

Hi go girl.
Well done on choosing vegan. It is a mine field. I started as vegan a year ago but when i read about dairy i decided after a month to do vegan.
I lost weight at the beginning. You must be sure to get omega 3 and b 12 and d. Its in soy and i take a vegan multi vitamin and cod lover oil each day. Both from holland and barrett.
There are lots of lively vegan recipes.
You may get meat cravings .i do but then they pass when you think why you are doing it. Also i do believe it a a healthy diet if done properly.
Good luck...keep in touch

Fsye

Linda McCartney sausages are great to have in freezer for a quick meal. Free for the rosemary and red onion ones and half a syn for the normal ones.

Also nutritional yeast is great for adding flavour to things, there's less than 1 syn per serving (5g).

Also tofu is free, go wild with different spices and bake it rather than fry it to get a nice crunch.

There's a nice recipe for a free hummus on sw too, I make it then dip peppers in rather than pitta bread.

My house mate is vegan and she loves these
Linda McCartneys Vegetarian Red Onion & Rosemary Sausages, frozen 6 pack (50g each) and are syn Free
Tesco Vegetarian Vegetable Burgers, frozen 6 pack 3 syns each
Quorn Vegan Hot & Spicy Burgers, frozen 4 pack 3 syns each
Goodfellas Vegan Stonebaked Pizza, Falafel, frozen 377g pack half a pizza is 19.5 syns
Violife Original Cheese Block 25 g is 3.5 syns.

These are the ones that shes has me look up syns anyway haha. Good luck.

Hi, ok if I join in? I'm veggie but trying to eat mainly vegan for health reasons. Since I have been doing this (about a year) I've gained a lot of weight as I find I binge on rubbish foods so today I'm saying "no more", had great success with sw before but as a meat eater...

Hi, ok if I join in? I'm veggie but trying to eat mainly vegan for health reasons. Since I have been doing this (about a year) I've gained a lot of weight as I find I binge on rubbish foods so today I'm saying "no more", had great success with sw before but as a meat eater...
Hi. I started a veggie but then a year ago i decided on vegan. However there are occassions when i have veggie. Usually when out for a meal
I am sick of seeing myself in photos not looking as good as i could so I am determined to lose the excess. Couple of stone.
I put my food for the day into my fitness pal as a cross reference. If you have entered it in the diary you are more likely to stick to it.
I do extra easy from home. I can be borhered with the group meetings.
I hope u enjoy vegan eating. Take irlt slowly ...it takes time and there is a lot to take in.
What is your weigh in day. Mine is Friday
Good luck. I don t know all that much but i am here if you need any help

Faye

Thanks Faye, yep I'm taking the day at a time approach atm! Well used to vegan approaches my dh has been vegan for 3 years now so it's a bit easier on us in terms of meal prep! I'm doing as at home too...too busy to get to a class just to get weighed! I've not set a weigh in day yet but maybe I'll do Friday as well :)

Thanks Faye, yep I'm taking the day at a time approach atm! Well used to vegan approaches my dh has been vegan for 3 years now so it's a bit easier on us in terms of meal prep! I'm doing as at home too...too busy to get to a class just to get weighed! I've not set a weigh in day yet but maybe I'll do Friday as well :)
Lucky you. You will have to give ne tips.
Yes let s weigh in on the same day.
My oh is nt vegan but does join me a few times a week. Also i sometimes have fish. Oh dear I am not a good vegan.
I never have meat and loath dairy farming but have been told goats and sheep cheese is nt as cruel.
Then there is honey and sugar. Well i only buy expensive honey or use maple syrup. I have candarel or sweeteners . I am trying.
What is your weekly goal. I want to lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week. See you friday faye x

Lucky you. You will have to give ne tips.
Yes let s weigh in on the same day.
My oh is nt vegan but does join me a few times a week. Also i sometimes have fish. Oh dear I am not a good vegan.
I never have meat and loath dairy farming but have been told goats and sheep cheese is nt as cruel.
Then there is honey and sugar. Well i only buy expensive honey or use maple syrup. I have candarel or sweeteners . I am trying.
What is your weekly goal. I want to lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week. See you friday faye x

Hi Faye how's it going ? Lost 2lbs this week :) just got a pot of carrot and cumin soup brewing in the soup maker for lunch.

In terms of not being a good vegan I think the more people do their bit and reduce substantially the amount of animal products we eat the better :)

Hi P B
You are doing well. We are having mushroom risotto tonight. Very low syn.
I have lost a few more pounds which is good as I have had a virus and not been running.
I have cancelled gym and am going to get some pilates dvd s to do too.
You are right. If we all did our bit it would make a massive difference.
Off to Rome soon so should get some walki g in.
Keep up the good work
Faye x

Definitely try Vegan Peakz Crunchy Chocolate Squares! However, you get them at £2.29 for 3 in TK MAXX at the moment and Holland & Barrett. They come in 6 flavours, Salted Caramel, Hazelnut, Orange, Plain Chocolate, Berry, Mint. Best part they are 7.5 syns and 153 cals per pack.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 17
Definitely Peakz Crunchy Chocolate Squares! However, you get them at £2.29 for 3 in TK MAXX at the moment and Holland & Barrett. They come in 6 flavours, Salted Caramel, Hazelnut, Orange, Plain Chocolate, Berry, Mint. Best part they are 7.5 syns and 153 cals per pack.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 15
I have not been here for a while as I have transitioned to being vegan for ethical and health benefits..

I have done Sw before but not as a vegan. Any tips would be really appreciated. Also to get to know a few ppl and their stories.
I just want to be healthy and lose some weight. I have started to jog again but it is only a slow jog. I am up to 5 miles but after Xmas want to get to 6.1. No further though.
All replies gratefully recieved.
Faye x
Hiya I am also vegan on Slimming World. What sort of things did you need tips on? I mainly use my syns for agarve (mine is 1syn per 1.5 teaspoons), salad dressing or other sauces x

Hi

Im also vegan (15 years) on SW (13 months). My top tip would be focussing on while foods, rather than meat and dairy substitutes. Hope to see more ideas here!

R

Hi
Vegetarian for 30 + years vegan for 2.
I'm joining slimming world tomorrow morning (Tuesday 22nd September)
I'm a little nervous about it but it's something I need to do

Back