Vegetable curry

MrsEdz

Silver Member
Anyone got a decent veg curry recipe?

I've had a look on the recipe thread but can only see one with root veg..

Have got spinach, potatoes, green beans, tinned tomatoes.. have all the spices in the cupboard.

anyone got a basic recipe I can use these in?

ta!

I need assistance as I've just discovered pizza hut now do online orders to my house now, so someone needs to save me from myself!

Young lady if you havent already dont order pizza gimme a min while i flick through my curry book and I will see what I can find.

Right we have a mumbai aloo: serves 4 and free on green

2lb of potatoes
2tsp cumim seeds
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground corriander
half tsp garam masala
Chilli powder to your liking
Tin of tomatos

Cube pots till just tender

Heat a lrg fry pan sprayed with frylight

Add cumin seeds for 2 mins

Then add pots and rest of ingredients and simmer till pots are soft

Hope this is ok

Mixed Vegetable Curry

Syns per Serving | Green - Syn Free / Original - ½ Syn
Servings | 4

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2.5cm (1 inch) piece root ginger, finely chopped
- 2tbsp curry powder
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large carrot, sliced thickly
- 113gm (4oz) French beans, cut into 2.5cm (1 inch) lengths
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 57gm (2oz) frozen peas, thawed (2 Syns Original)
- 142ml (¼ pint) vegetable stock, made with Vecon
- fresh curry leaves, to garnish

Method
1. Heat a large heavy-based saucepan sprayed with Fry Light and fry the mustard seeds and cumin seeds for 2 minutes until they begin to splutter.

2. Add the onion and the curry leaves and fry for 5 minutes.

3. Add the chilli and ginger and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and fry for 3-4 minutes.

4. Add the cauliflower florets, sliced carrot and French beans and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the turmeric, chilli powder, salt and tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.

5. Add the thawed peas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.

6. Add the stock. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 10-15 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. Serve garnished with curry leaves.

Thanks for those recipes.. both sound fab. Made a what have I got in the fridge curry in the end, it was very nice. Will keep both yours for next time the urge takes me! (the curry one that is!:D)

Im doing ok thanks hun how about you? Did you manage to make a curry or was I too late.

I'm ok ta, bit fed up as have sts this week, now I know it is better than a loss and it was my birthday an all but I've only lost 1lb in 3 weeks and have been ever so good. feeling a bit demotivated tbh. Hey ho. :)

I'm ok ta, bit fed up as have sts this week, now I know it is better than a loss and it was my birthday an all but I've only lost 1lb in 3 weeks and have been ever so good. feeling a bit demotivated tbh. Hey ho. :)

Do you do a food diary it might be a good idea then we might be able to see if there is anything you are doing wrong, not tha I am saying you are. There are loads of options to try if you are having very slow options but I think the first is to do the food diary like I said just to make sure.

I will start one next week.. I do one on SW online but no-one can see that!! Will do one on here instead

it's my son's birthday party today & we have friends for dinner :)eek:) so will start tomorrow.

Thanks hun. x

just re read my post, I meant to say sts is better than a gain!!:eek:

I have a ww book somewhere with a veg curry in it and i am sure its syn free and it was my savour on ww so i'll try and find it and post here. Hope your feeling better. Alot of us are feeling low this weeek for some reason so i feel your pain!
brb.

Free VEG CHILLI

Ingredients
Small swede (cubed)
250g Mushrooms (sliced)
Green pepper (diced)
400g can chopped tomatoes
tablespoon of tomatoe puree
clove of garlic (crushed)
Teaspoon of chilli powder.

Method
Bung the ingredients in a saucepan for 15-20 mins until veg are soft and serve with rice.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
x

Back