Vegetables.......

Bumblebum

Hello all
You have all become my xenical gurus! So i'm asking what might be a stupid question.....
Do you weigh your veggies and work out fat value???
I've been doing this but been told i'm being obsessive???
Should i not worry so much? My fat intake at the moment is low but i'm also watching calories, so makes sense to me.

Bumblebum
x

Watching kcals with veggies - yes I weigh them and enter into myfitnesspal .. I don't think veggies really have much fat in them to be honest ?! Filling 1/2 your plate with veggies ( not counting potatoes/ sweet potatoes) is a good thing 1/4 meat and 1/4 starchy item

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Yeah, I figured that on the fat thing. Just like to keep track as I do tend to pile the veggies high on my plate :D I will prob track the cals but not worry about the fat.

I used to track the cals of the veggies but since I started WW a few weeks back I don't bother now as most of them are free on the WW plan. I must admit I have never lost so much weight so consistently since starting WW and I have quite a lot of 'free' fruit and veg every single day to stave off hunger pangs x

Lexie2005 said:
I used to track fat when I was on xen but not anymore, I know it may help me lose it quicker but I am happy not counting it lol

I've never tracked fat whilst on Xen, only calories. Work on the assumption that if I eat low calorie it's almost bound to be low fat, lol, and I've never had any issues at all with that approach. The only time I ever had a serious problem was when I pigged out at pizza hut without stopping the tablets far enough in advance. :) xx

Now, see, that would worry me....I'd be scared stiff I would eat too much and ....ahem...have an accident!!!!! :D

Bumblebum said:
Now, see, that would worry me....I'd be scared stiff I would eat too much and ....ahem...have an accident!!!!! :D

I think everyone's tolerance to the drug is different, to be honest. I have to eat a huge amount of fat before it has any effect on me, but not everyone is like that, you just have to try things and establish your own levels. :) xx

KittyBling said:
Fat in vegetables? Really? Didn't occur to me until now!

KB x

I don't think there is, is there? Not unless you deepfry them in batter, lol. I suppose there must be trace amounts, but nothing of note. :) xx

I think everyone's tolerance to the drug is different, to be honest. I have to eat a huge amount of fat before it has any effect on me, but not everyone is like that, you just have to try things and establish your own levels. :) xx

Yeah I agree, I'm the same as you in the fact I'd have to have loads of fat before I had any adverse affects.

xAlisonx said:
Yeah I agree, I'm the same as you in the fact I'd have to have loads of fat before I had any adverse affects.

I'm glad it's not just me - was beginning to think my body was weird, lol. For example, I eat a small bag of mixed fruit and nuts almost every day, and the fat content is actually 32%. No effect whatsoever. It's good fats because it's from nuts, and within my calories, but fat nonetheless. As I said, trial and error, the 5% thing is purely for guidance. :) xx

Bumblebum said:
Well that's sorted me out then....will count the calories but not worry about the fat.:)

That's your best bet, concentrate on logging all your calories, that's what's done it for me. I don't think I'd have come so far without the motivating combination of MFP and Minimins. :) xx

Back