Vegetarian and wanting to give Atkins a go!

Thanks Jim,

Well this morning I was running late and no time for cooking the eggs so had an atkins bar instead. Thanks for the heads up on the cheese too.

Tonight after I leave school in 1 hour I will be going to the book shop and then home for dinner, tofu and vege.

today;
b - bar and 1 slice of cheese
s - celery
l - tuna and salad
s - bar
s - bar
d - tofu and vege
drinks, 2 coffees, 2 cans of diet sprite and 2.5ltrs of water

Think it might be 21g of nett carbs? Not bad for my first day.

Bren
X

Not that I should be thinking about it but what type of loss's should I be having??

24th of July is my b'day and I dont want to go hard and diet until them rather just work Atkins into my life as I think I might life to follow it long term. So the once a week glass of wine if I want to I would like to be able to. Would be nice to be 10 lbs lighter in 8 weeks!

Fingers crossed, lets see if I can make a week first! Haven't even finished the day yet....

XX

Morning Bren, or evening actually. :D

Typically you should be able to lose a couple of pounds most weeks, but looking at your stats you don't have much to lose so it will probably be less love.

I drank dry red wine most Fridays whilst I was on induction, I just counted the carbs in. :D

Jim how many carbs are eggs?? oh and the wine? I never drink more than 1 - 2 a week if that!

Breakfast is a big challenge for me also, like this morning..... no time. Do you think it would be okay to have bars or protein shakes alternatively?

My shakes are 3.7 total carbs and no mention of the fibre content.

I am also going to buy an Atkins book tomorrow ( I forgot today) and was wondering if you can recommend the most valuable one.

Jim thanks so much by the way for the last 2 days.
Bren
X

Thanks Laura

How much is one glass of red and one glass of white then??

Very excited about the book!!

I went a little crazy today with the bars and had 4 (8.3) net carbs.... oops but if i'm not counting the eggs at dinner (too lazy to do the tofu thing, tired actually) then I might be anywhere between 20 - 22 for the day. Not bad for the first day.

I will have drunk 2.5ltrs by bed time too!

x

Also Jim i would settle for 5lbs in a fortnight then 1 - 2 every week after that really. Just would be nice to loose half of 17 before my b'day at the end of July.

xx

That is wonderful. I drink chardonnay (dry) and dry red but I think a standard drink here is 150ml so to be safe 0.8 net carbs.

Thank you very much.

xx

Okay tomorrow will be;
b- bar
s - celery
l - tuna and vege (alfalfa, celery, mayo, cucumber, avo)
s - bar
s - coffee
d - Not sure maybe the tofu??
glass of wine with a friend in the city. Then soda water?

Shopping for Atkins book too.

Night all..... have a good day!
Bren
X

Whew, that made quite a rea! LOL

You can probably get an older version of the book on ebay Bren. Personally I used and followed the original '72 version. :)

Good idea Jim but dont think I can wait that long hehe!!

Very excited. Hoping for the same 2.5 in water tomorrow. How much were you drinking on the Induction Phase. I'm going to try really hard to follow it. Although I have chosen this to be a longer term choice rather than loose then relax and gain again. So I'm not too concerned about a definite date to be rid of the full 17lbs. However, like i mentioned half of this in 8 weeks would be a bonus but I dont want to put restrictions on myself. That's why I think I have not fully achieved in such a long time with my weight.

Ooh the book cant wait!

Well today I think I did about 23g of carbs?

I bought 'Dr Atkins New Carb Counter' & also 'The Vegetarian Low Carb Diet'. I've started reading a little and it is on the same principle of 4 phases and the first is 20g of carbs a day and there is a sample 2 week meal plan. Day 1 is;
3eggs, scrambled with butter and a tablespoon of cream or a tofu alternative
lunch
soft goats cheese and Pecan salad
dinner
asparagus Quiche+ 200g of spinach
snack
1/2 avo
a total of 15.9 for the day.

I would also have a atkins bar and celery sticks for snacks and a sprite zero

Well Jim I've been reading some posts and it seams that many are doing under the 20gm recommended on induction is this just a maximum?? I thought I was suppose to be reaching the 20 mark??

I am feeling exhuasted, although i have had a very very busy week. Only been on Atkins for 2 days and not religiously but definitely feeling bloated. I'm not weighing though as I want to feel better before facing the scales.

BrenX

I thought I was suppose to be reaching the 20 mark??

You are love, it's healthier that way.

Thanks. Just hoping that the bloatedness passes soon and I start feeling slim and energetic.

The Low Carb veg book meal plans are 15.9, 18.7, 16.8 etc this is during the 2 week induction phase. I think tomorrow I might try and incorporate it and next week stick to it?

Off to get some reading done on it now. Night and thanks again. I'm really hoping the Atkins can put me on the right path to loose and then just be healthy to maintain.

Bren
X

Night Night Bren.

Well I feel a little better today in the tummy and I'm just about to start the 14 day induction of Low Carb Vege. It is based almost identically to atkins, except slots in tofu, nuts, soya yoghurt and greek yoghurt. Think though I might have a diet drink, coffee and celery sticks too for extra snacks.... this might take me up to 19 - 20 for the day.

But Jim that does appear to be the recommendation with the vege low carb and Atkins, so not going to stress.

My biggest reason for switching is I want to try something that I have never done before in the aim that I will be able to loose a little more of my weight and then just eat normally. I really love veges and hoping that when some more weight falls and I more up a phase that I can do this and not eat soo many eggs and other proteins.

I want to following induction Phase and still factor in my life, a drink of wine, an atkins bar as a treat or anything else if I feel like it. Like dinner out with hubby (greek salad or fish would be an option).

To be honest eating these foods, cheeses, tofu, nuts etc does make me wonder how it will all let me loose the kilos (8 of them). Apparently it's all about after 48 hours on the induction of getting your body 'Carb Free' then you body starts to burn stored fat. Still a little nervous, more nervous about jumping on the scales though.

x

Well i've even weighed myself.... 73.9kg's, 162.5lbs Not happy but again not guttered.

Forgot to weigh this morning... But did measure my waist and it has dropped 1.5cm's to 75cm. Chuffed with that.

It's a long weekend here and today hubby and I went out on the bike and went to a wine region. I had one glass of red, 1 black coffee and one white coffee. However did have gnocchi (ricotta and spinach) for lunch, I ate about 2/3rds of the dish and this is all I have eaten for today. Dont even want to contemplate the carb content. I have had no breakfast so apart from 1/2 an atkins orange bar and this, that's it! Thinking dinner will be carb free. Scrambled eggs and salmon with avo and olives (think this is all carb free maybe about 2). Hoping this will balance out the pasta and wine.

Although must say I had a lovely time on the motorbike today and this is why I chose atkins to work in with my life. Going to guzzle water and green tea and do some marking shortly.

Any opinions on my rationalizing with dinner??

Brne
X

Well the ketostix says I'm at the first pink and this was about 4 hours after my pasta. Will try it again before bed.

Back