Vegetarian and wanting to give Atkins a go!

Morning Bren, provided you drink loads of water and are super strict for a couple of days it should be OK. I used to love pasta. :sigh:

Thanks Jim, a bit slack on the water today only about 1ltr if that but about 4 cups of green tea.

I have done 4 days of low carbbing except the pasta and reckon that I have been managing about 20 - 25g of cabs per day. However, I do feel that I have been over eating. Tomorrow will be super religious about following my meal plan. The hardest thing is breaky as I dont have time in the morning. Thinking about making that Low Carb bread and having a slice of that in the morning, a low carb shake or yoghurt whichis on this plan.

I'm just going to go and work out the days food and come back and post.

ps the pasta was homemade and very yummy..... oops
X

However, I do feel that I have been over eating.

Are you feeling too full then Bren?

Yep!

And forcing myself to have a final meal for the day. Today though instead of 3 egg omelette I have been having 2.

TOMORROW;
SHAKE 2.6
G/TEA AND HALF A BAR 1.1
CHEESE, WALNUT/BRAZIL NUT, ROCKET AND MAYO SALAD 2.4
COFFEE WITH CREAM 1.1
OTHER HALF OF BAR 1.1
SPRITE ZERO 1
ASPARAGUS QUICHE AND SPINACH 5.8
HALF AND AVO AND 5 OLIVES - 3

TOTAL 18.1

I know this achievable, however if the need be another bar at 2gm of carb

Looks OK to me Bren, you should only eat until your satisfied Bren, don't force yourself, especially for the last meal of the day.

I recommend the Rose Elliot book for the vege low carbing, its a great book.

Ta Jim, think today following the plan quite rigidly will make a difference. Just about to have the shake and finish getting ready for work.

Lexie that's the book I have. I do eat fish though and think that I will swap a few meals as there is alot of cheese and eggs and I dont want to get bored.

Fingers crossed for today!

X

Morning Bren,

Hi Lexie haven't seen you in a while love.

Morning to you Jim, I am fabulous! I've done a very successful day of Vege Low Carbing and Atkins. Dinner didn't feel forced down and before I prepared it I peed and the stick says in Ketosis!! a really good dusty pink colour woooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love a successful day and especially the first gives you so much more determination to keep going. Think i might even check the scales tomorrow morning!! I must remember to do some floor exercises this week as I wont be able to make it to the gym, so much work to mark.

Bren
X

TOMORROW;
SHAKE
G/TEA + HALF A BAR
COFFEE AND CREAM (DECAF)
ROCKET, NUTS AND CHEESE AND TUNA SALAD
COFFEE AND CREAM (DECAF) + OTHER HALF OF BAR
SPRITE
TOFU AND VEGE (or salmon)

Too busy to make the quiche for dinner tonight which was suppose to be tomorrow's lunch also, blast.
Never mind means I can mix it up a little. Looking forward to seeing the end of week result. Which will be Saturday morning my time I think.

Bren
X

Thanks Laura, its no problems at all. i have bought a book by Rose Elliot called Vegetarian Low Carb Diet. It has a 14 day induction meal menu and I am combining this with Atkins. Very chuffed that today I did 20g of net carbs!!

Bren
X

Should I include berries into my plan after the 14 days so long as they are within the 20g or do people think best to avoid them. Not sure if being a vego I should or not. I am allowed to eat some seeds and nuts at his point so perhaps just leave it with that hey?

I'd ad them in later Bren, slow but sure is the way.

My lucid plan of action is to be about 4 -5 kilos lighter by 24th of July, my b'day. I have about 6 weeks.

So 4 weeks of 20g, 1 week of 25g, then 1 week of 30g and stay here for a while and let the rest drop. Not sure what type of loss's I'll have at 30g. then after my b'day perhaps back to 20g for 2 weeks and see how I go from there.

What do you think, I know it's all speculation.

X

well, all plans are plans Bren, but how they work out in the end is in the lap of the Gods., :)

Your telling me this morning I have jumped up .8kg!!! Must say yesterday on the way home I picked up a few Atkins bars next to them was a sugar free choc. I actually am not a big fan of choc. I looked at the pack and carb was 8 and the dietery fibre was 12! So I had this instead of my bar. Think this was the big mistake. Lets hope it banishes very quickly. A little disheartening. This is why I have a fear of the scales. Looks like I must have to go back to daily weighing!

x

Lots of water today and fingers crossed this afternoon I can be less than that and it was a freak of the gods

Here, here to banishing the scales. Bren grap a tape measure and let that be your indicator. Have a weekly measure up rather than a weigh in.

I mentioned in one thread that for the last couple of weeks I haven't lost any weight but I have lost 2" from my waist and 2" from my bum. God knows how that works but I'm not complaining.

Apparently it can take a week or two for the weight loss to catch up with the inch loss! I often found that was the case whilst I was on the CD. I'd lose inches one week but hardly anything weight wise and then the next week i'd lose more weight and hardly any inches. Rather than steady losses each week i'd go up and down!

Thanks everyone. I try not to weigh daily only weekly. But have developed a phobia about the scales. Then I only went on this mornign because I was feeling very confident about things and then became very dissappointed that I had gained. Will see tomorrow. Lots of water today and will post again later to update.

x

ah scaleaholics, I was one, i'd weigh myself time and time again during the day. I could put on 3lbs during the day only to find it had vanished again over night. I don't weigh anymore, not unless I feel things are getting tight and then I'll weigh myself, but usually I'm a couple of pounds under my posted weight. I think just under 13 1/2 stone is my natural weight really.

Back