Vegetarian and wanting to give Atkins a go!

Cheers mate, I did thanks.

THANKS HELLRAISER.

Well until tomorrow everyone. Enjoy your Monday!

X

Well today I think about 22g of carbs? Dinner was catered (work), however I only ate about 5g there salad and strawberries. When I got home I had some cheese. Biggest down fall was 4, yes that is right 4 atkins 2g bars.

I've managed 1.5ltrs of water and thank the lord I dont feel fat or bloated going to bed. No exercise today because of the dinner, so tomorrow the gym!

tomorrow;
shake 1.3g
celery .8g
cauli soup and flaxseed muffin 6.8g
atkins 2g
coffee + cream x 2 = 1g
eggs and salmon scrambled with cheese and avo and olives (on induction you dont count the avo and olives) 3g

Daily vege allowance, although no greens is in the cauli. Thought the day before WI it would be good to change things up a little?

Bren
X

Doesn't hurt to change Bren, keeps the body guessing. LOL

That's what I figure Jim.

So the total for tomorrow will hopefully be 14.9. Plus a sprite zero.

TOTAL OF 15.9!

Right going to stick with that and pray to the scale gods. Night everyone.

x

Good night Bren.

Morning all. Still no change in the waist measurement........

However, the clothes went on a little easier this morning. Maybe it's just inside my head? or perhaps I have lost weight only time will tell in 24 hours!!

Will just get on with the day as normal and whatever the number in the morning I will still continue with Atkins as a week is definitely not enough trial to give up yet.

Bren
X

Morning!

You've got to give it at least a month Bren, that's true of any diet I'd say love.

Evening all!!

Well a really busy day and I have managed to go up to 23.3g of carbs today, bummer, but never mind.

I see a counsellor and today i had a session with her. I have a complete phobia of the scales and I have come to the conclusion that when i see the number on the scales and i dont like it i sabotage my eating. So I think I am just going to rely on the tape measure for the next week and WI at the end of 2 weeks.

I really feel that I am doing well and want to stay in this frame of mind. If it ain't broke dont fix it! It's just that I do want to succeed and dont want to be ruled by the scales. Once I have 2 weeks under my belt I will be feeling much more confident.

Bren
X

I agree Bren I was ruled by the scales for a long time that's for sure.

That makes sense to me, Bren. "Don't be ruled by the scales" sounds like a good motto.

You'll also avoid that disappointment people seem to get in their 2nd week, when their body readjusts after the initial big loss. Better to say "hurray I've lost 6lbs in two weeks!" than "boo, I lost 5lb last week and only ONE lb this week..."

I've just started a thread on it. :)

JIM, LM, thanks for the understanding and positive responses.

Waist still the same this morning and I am hoping to squeeze the gym in before a hairdressing appt this evening.

Bren
X

Thanks Jo,

I seem to have stimulated much thought about the scales!!!!!

How have you been going? Must admit the gym gym has dropped of the radar the past 3 days....

Bren
x

Hi Bren,
I have been doing well, only just had my tea, had a lovely piece of haddock and a bit of broccoli and green beans.
I am scared that i will go off the rails at any moment because that what i usually do when i start a diet. But this is day 5 and i feel really positive.
Had a atkins bar this morning, and at lunch i had some unprocessed nuts and olives, as i was on the run at work.
Just keep saying to myself this is how i eat now.

I think Hellraisers comment on another thread was very positive, he said "don't say you haven't lost" but rather say "you haven't gained". I really like that.

I agree whole heartedly with that. I dont feel I have gained, I can say that. However, I dont feel slim either, but I do know that I am in Ketosis and something should be going on inside!!

I have been to the hairdressers and it's 10.25pm and I am not going to have dinner. I ate a little cheese and some nuts ( i know induction), and a atkins crisp bar before i went. So calorie wise and carb wise I know I wont starve and really it's too late that I am not hungry!

Bren
X

Back