Vegetarian and wanting to give Atkins a go!

Well yesterday was ok. I skipped dinner as I wasn't hungry. Still TOM and waist is now back up to 77cm's. I'm only at the very beginning of the Atkins book.

Water was not very good either again yesterday.

When will i make it through a successful eating day?

We I feel really constipated :sigh: (sorry all). I have been having flaxseeds everyday in my yoghurt (both allowed on the vege low carb). I think I need to give up the bars :cry:(atkins). I'm definitely abusing them. So 1 tomorrow and then none for a few days and I'll see if the feeling passes.:confused:

Water today has been pretty good about 2.5 ltrs and 2 cups of green tea.:rolleyes:
Bren
xx

Well I have read some more of the book and re read the induction phase and I am doing many things wrong. So will type and print a list of what I can have for the day and stick to it. Hopefully in a couple of days I can fix things.

x

Good luck Bren, it must be quite tricky figuring out what you can have/not have being a veggie. Hope you get on ok tomorrow..

I've eaten this so far
3 decaf coffee's with cream 1.5g
Atkins shake 3g
tuna and rocket salad with mayo and parmesean oh and avocado 2.5g
2 atkins bars 4g
1 can of sprite zero 1g

For dinner I plan to have 2 cups of vege and salmon and eggs scrambled. Water sadly has only been 1.25ltr. I dont think that it will be too difficult for me to stick with Atkins. Now that I have the book and kow exactly what I should and shoudn't be eating to the letter, during the induction phase I am going to write it down and follow it.

Bren i'm pleased you seem to be getting on ok so far with the induction level. Also, thanks for posting your food list today, i've been totally forgetting to count the cream in my coffee/tea! From now on i'll do the same as you and and 0.5 for each. Cheers ears!

Yeah that can really get away from you cant it!

I still haven't fully done the induction phase properly. Although today I have stuck to all the foods and greens. I have eaten 3 bars though but counted them into my carbs. I reckon about 24g today. I'm set for tomorrow though

So fingers crossed. I feel good tonight going to bed and not feeling guilty or over full for the first time in a while. The other night I felt like this but that's because I didn't eat dinner.

Tomorrow
Pre mix shake 1.3g
atkins bar 2.8g
tuna salad (parmasean, avo, olives, mayo, capsicum, onion) 2 cups 4.5g
sprite zero 1g
2 decaf's + cream 1.5g (to be safe)
celery sticks 1.6g
salmon and scrambled eggs (2 + cream, avo, olives and cheese) 4.5g
Around 17.2g

I will also be going out dancing and will stick to soda water/sparkling mineral.

Bren
x

thanks for popping into my thread everyone (Claire at the moment, it's a little quiet at the moment).

yeah think I can cope with it better today. Just have to keep up the water.

How was your day??

xx

Well I am doing really well so far, it's 4pm. I have drunk 2.3ltrs of water and stuck to my plan all but having an extra coffe + cream. I am going to finish nibbling on my celery stick on the way home and hopefully off to the gym before dancing with friends tonight.

After yesterday, 24g of carbs and today, around or under I should say the 20g mark, my tummy and mind are feeling really good. I am going to go home and pee on a stick and see if I'm in the happy state of Ketosis!! Fingers and toes crossed everyone.

x

Well very minimal signs of pale pink in my stix. Bummer.

Anyway god awful headache today and it put me on the lounge for 30 mins. Took some tablets and then went off to my massage I had booked. Did 20 mins on the cycle before it hit me and had to leave. So I will go again tomorrow.

I've eaten 19g of carbs today as I just had a decaf and cream. Feeling pretty good and going to cut down my portion size as of tomorrow. Water is good about 2.8ltrs today. This is day 3 done and dusted now on Induction and I plan to have an official weigh in on Thursday morning of next week.

I started at 74kgs and know that I must have gone up in the previous couple of weeks because my clothes we tighter and I wasn't ultra strict with the 20g and Atkins methodoligy.

My plan is;
2 weeks induction then
1 week 25g of carbs (hubby and I are going on a road trip to Sydney!) then
1 1/2 weeks back on induction before my birthday then
back onto induction until I am down to 68kg's (2kg's off goal) then
moving up the carbs to work out my critical carb level limit.

Any thoughts people??

Bren
X

Well done Bren, you're doing great hun and defo sounds like a good plan. Like Hellraiser says, light pink is the best colour

I'M CONFUSED! I am drinking about 2.5ltrs or more a day and my stix are just barely pale pink and it only changes colour in the middle of the square. Sometimes I think it is the first neutral colour, but I think that when it is this it looks exactly the same as before you peed on it? Am I right with that one??

I feel thinner however, my waist measurement is still 77cm's (not pleased with that). So beginning to even question whether this diet is even working yet. My first official WI is this coming Thursday morning I'm thinking about taking a peek on the scales maybe even tomorrow but scared incase I have gained and then that puts me off continuing.

I have done 20 mins cycling yesterday and 45 mins at the gym today.

Bren
X

Well Hubby wanted to go out for dinner... It's only day 4 for me....! So I ate 2 prawns BBQ'd, calamari and shredded apple with lentils (turkish food) and the final meal was pizza (I didn't have any) and 1 glass of white wine. I feel okay and not over full I didn't eat very much at all and have drunk about 3.1ltrs of water and just having a green tea.

I'm a little bit disappointed having not done the first week 100%. Never mind that's life at the moment. Not giving up and lots of water tomorrow.

Something I noticed Hooya was doing it counting her calories. I do wonder how many a day I am consuming on Atkins. Thinking I might monitor this over the next couple of days.

Bren
X

Well it's been an hour since the wine and food and I am still in Ketosis. The colour is pink and darker than usual so guess the alcohol has just dehydrated me for the time being.

Off to bed now night everyone. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
Bren
X

Happy to report that I am still in Ketosis!

I have also been to the gym today for 45 mins and will be going for a walk with a girlfriend this evening for 40 mins or so.

Water so far. it's 4.15pm, had only been about 1.8ltrs so will continue to guzzle.

Food;
b - atkins shake 1.3g
s - coffee + cream x 2 = 1g
s - protein bar 2.8
s - atkins indulgence bar ( i know.... ) 2g
l - salmon and eggs scrambled (with cheese and mushrooms) avo and 5 olives, flaxseeds 4.5g
d - tofu and vege curry 6g

but honestly not really thinking about it because I have only just eaten lunch at 3.30pm! Might make it really really small.

So a total of 17.6.

Bren
X

Morning Bren, no way I can play catchup here, I have over a hundred threads to read. LOL. So mhow is it going love/

Not bad .... I think. I'm in ketosis and my this is my official 5th day of sticking with Atkins perfectly... except, I lie a glass of white wine last night.

I am very very nervous about my WI on Thursday morning. I have a work dinner tomorrow night and they know that I am vegetarian so fingers crossed I'll be ok.

Hope you had an awesome holiday!

XX

I am aiming for variety in my menu next week as this is the last week of school before the holidays and I just need quick and easy options.

I did thanks Bren

Well dinner was altered.
atkins indulgence bar ( again, I know!) 2g
flaxseed muffin (OMG so quick and easy and actually yum!) 3.3g
some cheese 1g
atkins choc chip bar 2g
decaf and cream .5g
total of 20.4g

Just over but never mind. I have also drunk 3ltrs of water today now.

Bren
xx

Back