Vegetarian Yoghurts

cheekychinchilla

Gold Member
Hi all!
Could anyone recommend me some syn free veggi-friendly yoghurts? I don't mind mostly using the natural, plain yoghurt, but it would be nice to have some syn free flavoured ones from time to time :eek:

Thanks for any help.
Kelly.xx

Weight watchers yogurts are free, so are shape satisfaction ones, and morrisons virtually fat free ones (look similar to muller). All those are vegetarian.

Weight watchers yogurts are free, so are shape satisfaction ones, and morrisons virtually fat free ones (look similar to muller). All those are vegetarian.

Just a word of warning - the strawberry shape satisfaction yoghurts are NOT veggie friendly as they are coloured with cochineal beetle colouring.

The Activia FF yoghurts are veggie friendly but again not the strawberry one.

I love the M&S Count On Us ones which are veggie. My favourite is the vanilla probiotic one which is lovely. There's also a pear and ginger one which I love but my local branch don't have it in.

Vegetarian yogurts

Please be careful! As a fellow veggie, I have had some bother finding nice tasting yogurts that are free and suitable for veggies!
The Muller yogurts are not suitable for veggies as they have gelatine in, neither are the weight watchers-they also have gelatine!
The only weight watchers yogurts that are fat free and veggie friendly are the fromaige frai (sorry, spelt wrong) ones.
Shapers yogurts are fine for veggies though and free!
Always read the ingredients. I have been caught out a few times. To be honest, if you cant see 'suitable for vegetarians' or the V sign anywhere, then I would steer clear!
Hope that helps.

Emma x:)

Please be careful! As a fellow veggie, I have had some bother finding nice tasting yogurts that are free and suitable for veggies!
The Muller yogurts are not suitable for veggies as they have gelatine in, neither are the weight watchers-they also have gelatine!
The only weight watchers yogurts that are fat free and veggie friendly are the fromaige frai (sorry, spelt wrong) ones.
Shapers yogurts are fine for veggies though and free!
Always read the ingredients. I have been caught out a few times. To be honest, if you cant see 'suitable for vegetarians' or the V sign anywhere, then I would steer clear!
Hope that helps.

Emma x:)

This information is really handy for my quest to find a syn free vegetarian yogurt that I actually like!! Thanks x

This information is really handy for my quest to find a syn free vegetarian yogurt that I actually like!! Thanks x

Just to add that the shape delights are mostly veggie, however strawberry flavour are not (cochineal) so watch out for those. Activia are fine and very nice indeed! :)

Back