Veggie diary

The syns have changed since I last looked and the frozen isn't that much worse than the fridge stuff anymore - might have to put it back on the menu now ;-)

ProductExtra EasyOriginalGreen
Bacon Style Pieces, chilled/frozen, 100g Free Free Free
Bacon Style Rashers, chilled, 120g pack 5 5 5
Smoky Bacon Style Slices, frozen, 150g pack

14 Feb 2013

Went cinema with my daughter and took my own little snack bag; diet coke, chilli velvet crisps and a Freddo. Didn't nick any of her goodies so well done to me.

Breakfast
Cheese on toast (hexb) (hexa) and BBQ beans

Lunch
Batchelor's cheese and broccoli pasta and sweetcorn

Dinner
2 quorn sausages and BBQ beans

Snacks
Pear
satsuma
1 Hi Fi lite ( 1/2 hex b)
Freddo (5 syns)
velvet crisps (4 syns)

Got day off today so going shopping for some interesting food. Going to make Thai noodles and Thai curry on Friday night and I am excited.

Well done for staying on plan at the cinema. I think it's times like that when it's a bit more difficult. I go to the cinema quite a lot and used to take loads of sweets but now I take sugar free Werthers which are only ½ syn each. Someone had suggested I take fruit but there was no way - then I'd really feel like I was on a 'diet'!

I haven't tried the chilli velvet crisps but I have seen them in the supermarket and I've heard they're lovely. Might add them to tomorrow's shopping list.

Don't want to get picky but there doesn't seem to be much superfree in your food diary for yesterday other than the pear, satsuma and whatever broccoli was already in the pasta 'n' sauce. We are supposed to aim for 1/3 superfree each meal. Trying to be constructive, hope you don't mind :)

Don't want to get picky but there doesn't seem to be much superfree in your food diary for yesterday other than the pear, satsuma and whatever broccoli was already in the pasta 'n' sauce. We are supposed to aim for 1/3 superfree each meal. Trying to be constructive, hope you don't mind :)

Good point! Although the 1/3 SuperFree meal isn't as important with Red / Green days as it is with Extra Easy :)

Good point! Although the 1/3 SuperFree meal isn't as important with Red / Green days as it is with Extra Easy :)

Ah, I didn't know that. I always try to have at least 1/3 superfree although admittedly sometimes I don't manage. I'll know not to feel so guilty about those times in the future now, thanks.

EmmyLou30, thanks for posting about the veggie bacon. I do have lots of the one from the chiller so I'm glad you posted that it's free. I thought it was, but had a little panic there for a moment.

VeggieBev, any constructive comments are welcome. I was in such a rush yesterday to get to the cinema. I ate the beans and sausages in a bowl like a cowboy on the run! Have you seen Les Miserables? Me and my daughter take it in turns to choose a film every Wednesday and she chose this week. It really wasnt my sort of film but we both came out of the cinema feeling like we wanted to sing our conversations instead of just talking.....so weird.

VeggieBev, any constructive comments are welcome. I was in such a rush yesterday to get to the cinema. I ate the beans and sausages in a bowl like a cowboy on the run! Have you seen Les Miserables? Me and my daughter take it in turns to choose a film every Wednesday and she chose this week. It really wasnt my sort of film but we both came out of the cinema feeling like we wanted to sing our conversations instead of just talking.....so weird.

I have seen it.... twice!! I really loved it first time and one of my friends said she was struggling to get someone to go see it with her so I went again. To be honest, given the chance, I'd probably go a 3rd time! I didn't think it would be my kind of film either but was very pleasantly surprised. Going to see Hitchcock next week with my sister so looking forward to that. Talk about forward planning, I've already bought my cinema nibbles! Got the ½ syn sugar free Werthers and 2 bags of flying saucers - they are my absolute childhood fave and I'm so pleased that they are SW friendly :)

15 Feb 2013

Hi Bev, what are the syns for the flying saucers? I could do with some more cinema nibbles. I made my freddo last for the whole film, almost.

Yesterday's diary

Breakfast
2 breads (hexb)
Laughing Cow triangle (syns 1.5)
BBQ beans

Lunch
Thai chilli supernoods with onion and garlic
frozen vegebacon (syns 1)

Dinner
Quorn beef and red onion burger
wholemeal roll (hex b)
slice cheese (hex a)
salad
pickles
tomato sauce (1 syn)
lots and lots of SW chips

Snacks
200ml Martini (10 syns)

What a delicious dinner - burger n chips. felt like I was cheating when I wasn't! Then had a Martini with just a dash of soda and ice and lemon which was so delicious i had another one. Then I got the munchies and prowled around looking for snacks. Then I remembered that I had saved my daughter some of the SW chips, but, as she was at her boyfriend's enjoying Papa Johns takeaway I ate her chips. Now, I know they are syn free but I felt it was a bit over the top - I had done 4 big potatoes worth! Oh well, they were nice. And, earlier in the day I had been on the running machine for 30 mins.

Total syns: 13.5

Hi Bev, what are the syns for the flying saucers? I could do with some more cinema nibbles. I made my freddo last for the whole film, almost.

I got the Asda 18g bags of flying saucers and they are 3½ syns per bag. Well done for making your Freddo last - I'm usually finished my sweets when the trailers are still on!!

I know what you mean about feeling guilty after eating free foods. This plan takes a lot of getting your head round but I'm sure it will be fine as long as you don't do it every day. Good going on the running machine too.

Is the Martini & soda any good? How much soda do you use? I might get some once I've got through the wine leftover from Xmas (can't believe I've still got some left - that is unheard of in my house! :))

Veggie Bev,

The Martini is not as nice as wine, but better than nothing. I only put in a little splash of soda. Going to splurge on syns tonight and have a rather large bottle of Singha beer as cooking Thai curry and noodles. Well, it's Friday!

Sat 16 Feb 2013

went a bit off track yesterday, forgot I was putting coconut milk in the thai curry! Even the lite tin was 14 1/2 syns!!

Breakfast
frozen vegebacon (syns 0.5)
2 slices bread (hexb)
1 laughing cow triangle (syns 1.5)

lunch
2 slices bread (hex b)
beef and red onion burger
slice cheese (hexa)
pickles

Dinner
thai curry: butternut squash, new potatoes, sugar snap peas, baby corn, onions etc.
and tin lite coconut milk (3 syns for my share)
Noodles and bean sprouts

Snacks
banana
630ml bottle singha beer (cannot find the syns but guessing around 14)

TOTAL SYNS: 19

ha ha, there's me blaming the coconut milk for going over when really it was the beer......

Sunday 17 Feb 2013

breakfast
cheese & quorn chicken toastie (hexb) (hex a)

lunch
leftover noodles and thai curry (syns 1.5 for the little bit of coconut milk)

Dinner
sweet potato and spinach curry
Biryani rice

Syns
Henry Westons cider 14

Total syns: 15.5

Just on the borderline there with the syns but did go on running machine for 30 mins.

18 Feb 2013

Yesterday's food diary

Breakfast
2 red onion LM sausages
beans
mushrooms
egg
frozen veg bacon (syns 1.0)

Lunch
leftover curry and rice

Dinner
SW quiche with 30g cheese (hexa)
new potatoes
salad
salad cream (1.0 syns)

Snacks
2 san miguel lagers (syns 8 each)

TOTAL SYNS: 18

WI tonight.

19 Feb 2013

Thank you VeggieBev and Baby Tree Trunk.

Lost 1lb - again. I don't want to sound big headed but at group last night the realisation dawned on me that I think I have this sussed. I have never, ever found losing weight easy. Whenever I have joined SW I have done so with a friend or family member, who lose a lot more than me each week, which has put me off course and I've given up. this time I have joined alone and at first things didn't feel any different but now they do. I am cooking lots of different SW meals which I enjoy cooking (and eating), I am eating lots of food and am not ever hungry and have worked out that if I keep the syns low during the week I can have a bit of a cheat and go just over the syns Friday, Sat & Sunday and then I should lose a 1lb. I am also going on the running machine for 30 mins 2-3 times a week so there is that - but to be honest I am actually enjoying that too.

When I did SW in the past I never knew what to expect on WI day - have I put on?, STS? or lost 3lb? It's kind of comforting to know that if I carry on doing what I am doing I should expect to lose a 1lb each week. However, my friend is taking me to Harrods for afternoon tea at the weekend, at which I am going to eat and enjoy everything so will that tip the scales in the wrong direction....... hope not.

Anyway, heres yesterday's diary

Breakfast
2 bread (hex b)
quorn ham
beans

Lunch
SW quiche (hex a)
beans

Dinner
Mccains Jacket (1 syn)
2 Quorn pepper grills (1 syn)
steamed mixed veg
Marmite gravy

This is one of my favourite dinners, and so quick!

Snacks
pear
2 plums
hifi bar (hex b)
Highlights hot choc (2 syns)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)

TOTAL SYNS: 10

By the way, I knew I liked baked beans but never realised I ate so many! Mind you, when I was little my first ever dolly was called Bean Juice, so I should have known it was going to be a life long love affair with the Bean.

Well done on your loss. That's great you seem to have found a good balance for the weightloss too. My C is always saying that eventually we'll work out what works best for us but some people take longer than others.

20 Feb 13

Well, I was being so clever yesterday thinking I had the diet all sorted, then got myself into such a bad mood over something stupid and came so so close to roaring around the kitchen like a demented pac-man, scoffing everything I shouldn't. I was fine all day but then spent all my sins on Martini whilst sulking. Managed to not eat anything naughty but felt so out of control.....

Diary was as follows

Breakfast
2 weetabix
Koko milk (hexa) - won this in the SW raffle, it's coconut milk and you can have more of it than usual milk. it's nice.

Lunch
Mcain Jacket Potato (1 syn)
cottage cheese
beans
salad
quorn ham

Dinner
Quorn bolognese
spaghetti
cheese (hexa)

Snacks
Hifi bar (hexb)
150ml Martini with diet coke

TOTAL SYNS: 16

21 Feb 2013

Breakfast
cheese and quorn ham toastie (hex b) (hexa)

Lunch
Quorn creole beef pot and beans

Dinner
Jacket potato, cottage cheese and beans

Snacks
a chocolate bubbly santa (5 syns)???
few crisp onion rings (4 yns) ????
Hifi bar (hex b)

TOTAL SYNS: guessing about 9

Went cinema and forgot to take my Freddo! Popped in to M&S and the only suitable choc that I though would be low syn was a bubbly santa for 10p. He was a bit like an aero, i.e. full of bubbles so counted him at 5 syns. Didn't mean to eat the onion rings at all, was watching the film when daughter offered the bag my way, I took a handful and was munching when I realised what I was doing. so just ate a few then stopped!

Back