Veggie diary

Hi Romney - well done on your losses so far!

The Koko milk (think it's now called Kara?) is great as a substitute for coconut milk in a thai curry too, although I might add a drop of coconut essence to mine too next time.

If you're unsure of syns, just use the 20 cals = 1 syn rule for food where there's no free food included eg. chocolate, sweets. Most should have a calorie count on them, unless they're from a multipack.

Good luck on your journey x

Oooh the koko milk in the curry sounds like a good idea, I will try that. Thanx Spanx.

Ever since I put the dreaded words on here about how well I am doing, I haven't done so well. It suddenly seems more difficult.

My 25 year old son came home last night from Australia where he's been since last Feb - it was so good to see him. We were going to go out but he was so tired we just got a Chinese and some beers. Phil (hubby) was cooking me a SW dinner while I picked up the chinese. HOWEVER.....there were extra chips and extra curry sauce..... Did i have the willpower to refuse???? see below

Breakfast
Veg bacon in ww petit pain (1 syns) (hex b) and tom sauce (1 syn)

Lunch
home made sweet potato and chickpea curry soup
ww petit pain (hex b)

Dinner
ohyes, handful of chinese takeaway chips with curry sauce poured over the top in a big bap
(I've saved the healthy dinner for tonight so at least tonights dinner is already done!)

Snacks
Mango
quorn ham
LF yoghurt
banana
Henry Westons cider (14 syns)

TOTAL SYNS: 16 that I know are correct, plus who knows for the chips/sauce/roll.

Aw try not to worry too much, it was a special occasion so I'm sure a little slip up can be forgiven. Just try and get right back on plan today.

25 Feb 2013

I've not been here for a few days.

Friday's diary

breakfast
1 slice proper sized wholemeal bread (hexb)
slice cheese (hexa)

Lunch
pasta
quorn bolognese

Dinner
quorn steak grills (1 syn)
Mccain jacket (1 syn)
steamed veg

snacks
pear
plum
wine (8 syns)
crisps (6 syns)

Total syns: 16

Saturday

Breakfast
LM red onion sausages
veggie bacon
beans
egg

Lunch
Went for afternoon tea at Harrods, very nice
little sandwiches, little cakes & two big scones with cream and jam

Dinner
crusty white roll
crisps
more crisps
3 glasses Prosecco

Okay, now what was that all about...... I knew I was going for the afternoon tea and I had planned to eat whatever I liked there and then just get back on plan after but I got home I was too full to cook a dinner but then opened the bottle of fizz. My justification for this was I had been looking forward to having a glass of prosecco with the lunch but we did not get one, so I opened the bottle to have a glass - and then had three. then I got the munchys so had a crusty roll and two bags of crisps.

Sunday's food

breakfast
veggie bacon
LM red onion sausages
beans
egg

Lunch
2 small breads (hexb)
laughing cow (1.5 syns)
quorn ham

Dinner
smash pizza featuring Smash, tomatoes, sweetcorn, mushrooms, onions and 30g cheddar (hexa)

Snacks
plum
options (2.0 syns)
milky way treatsize (6.0)
maltesers treatsize (5) ?

Total syns 15.5

It's WI tonight. I have found this week incredibly difficult but will plod on.

27 Feb 2013

Oh I put on a lb this week, although I know it was totally deserved I was still so sad at group and felt I'd let myself down. I've had a sulk for a while and have decided to forgive myself. Not much else I can do really. I did feel like giving up SW but what would happen then. I'd eat "normally" and get fatter..... so I'm sticking with it and going to try to stay within syns every single day.

Cannot remember what I had to eat Monday but I was good.

Dinner last night was a total disaster! I was cooking a curry involving lentils, spinach, tomatoes and potatoes. I had parboiled the potatoes and thought they were nearly cooked so added them to the curry. Just before serving I tasted the curry - potatoes rock hard so cooked for about another hour. still like bullets, so did them for a bit longer. By now it was about 9.30 and I was starving. Potatoes still hard so I got a fork and mashed the little brats to a pulp and then microwaved the "mash curry" for 5 minutes. Now I don't know if it was my imagination or whether there really were still hard bits in there but I lost my temper with it and scraped the whole lot in the bin. Then had to think what to eat - there was leftovers of a Korma Quorn curry and peshwari nan bread that the kids had for their dinner, just sitting there going "eat me, eat me" but I checked out the syns first and I'm so glad I didn't.

Supernoodles with sausages and beans would be quick - if one of the kids had not eaten my low fat supernoodles. There's a whole cupboard full of normal supernoodles but no, someone had to eat the low fat ones didnt they? So, this is how come I had sausage and beans for dinner. I'm a bit worried about tonights lentil stew as it contains potatoes from the same pack however this has been cooking in the slow cooker from about 8pm last night until breakfast time this morning. I tasted one this morning and it was lovely so hopefully dinner will be all ready when I come home from work.

Tuesday

Breakfast
2 small breads (hexb)
30g cheddar (hexa)
veggie bacon

Lunch
Golden rice
quorn burger
chilli beans

Dinner
2 LM sausages
chilli beans
veggie bacon

snacks
hifi bar
pear
cherries
Highlights (2 syns)
mini snickers (6 syns i think)
mini milky way (5 syns i think)

TOTAL SYNS: 13 (I think)

Good for you for putting your little gain behind you and looking forward.

Was it the funsize snickers (18g) and milky way (16g) that you had? If so, the snickers is only 4½ syns and the milky way only 3½ syns :)

Oooh Bev, you just made my afternoon a bit brighter. Yes, they were funsize ones. Teeny tiny little things but very nice. Thanks for that.

28 Feb 2013

Yesterday's diary:

breakfast
2 small breads (hexb)
daitylea triangle (1.5 syns)
spaghetti hoops

lunch
cauliflower and pasta bake from freezer (hexa)

Dinner
lentil stew: lentils, potatoes (not lumpy at all), carrots, peas, onions, beans

snacks
2 hifi bars (hex b)
pear
apple
mars (4.5 syns)
snickers (4 syns)
options (2 syns)

TOTAL SYNS 12

1 March 2013

Had planned to go pub with hubby and grown up son who's just returned from Oz and all day had an argument raging in my head. Shall I be good and have jacket potato or shall I have a night off and have burger and chips? Got there and asked for burger and chips, then changed my mind at the last minute and went for the spud. However, didn't manage to stick to the 2 glasses of wine I had planned and had 3. Never mind, not the end of the world.... Got home at 9.30 and the selection of chunky kit kats that I had bought for the kids to try were on the table. I really, really wanted to try a coconut one but summoned up some willpower and went to bed. I have no idea where the willpower came from after 3 glasses of wine, that was a miracle.

Lunch yesterday was lovely. I found the low fat supernoodles in the cupboard. My kids hadn't eaten them so I felt a bit guilty for moaning about them in my previous post.

So, yesterday's food was

Breakfast
2 small breads (hexb)
1 dairylea triangle (syns 1.5)
spaghetti hoops
quorn ham

lunch
low fat thai supernoodles
mushrooms
2 LM red onion sausages
sweetcorn

dinner
Jacket potato
cheese (hexa) - in this pub they only put a tiny little amount of cheese on
beans
salad

snacks
pear
apple
hifi bar (hexb)
3 glasses wine (24 syns)

SYNS: 25 1/2

You did well considering you were eating out, well done! And as for the chunky kitkats, I have no willpower after 1 glass of wine, never mind 3!! A big well done for that too :)

Back