VeggieBev’s New 2014 Diary – The Final Countdown to Target....

Morning all.

Well I'm pleased to say that I had a lovely on plan day yesterday and I'm already feeling loads better.

Tuesday 28 January 2014
Breakfast Bran Flakes (HEB) with milk (½HEA) and banana
Morning Funsize apple & pineapple
Lunch Carrot & lentil soup, a roll (HEB) with cheese (HEA) and tomato followed by 2 satsumas and a Babybel Light (2 syns)
Afternoon Banana and Mullerlight
DinnerCarrot & lentil soup then pasta & sauce (½ syn) with added mushrooms & peppers
Evening Propercorn popcorn (2 syns) and a funsize apple
TOTAL SYNS - 4½
BODY MAGIC - Gym (30 minutes)

I'm glad I kept the syns low yesterday because Colin's just told me he's making a veggie lasagne for dinner and I've calculated it out to be 25 syns + 2xHEA(!) Although it's a lot for one day, I'll still be just under my weekly syns so I'm happy to splurge since he's making the effort. We're going to the cinema to see Last Vegas later on tonight so I'll not bother with any snacks, I'll just take some Diet Coke with me.

Morning all.

I had more than the 15 syns yesterday but I followed my own plan and stuck with the syns I'd allowed for (is that proper flexi-syinning?) so I don't feel too bad about it. Although I went over for the day, I'm still on track for the week so I'm still feeling good.

Wednesday 29 January 2014
Breakfast
Toast (HEB) with scrambled egg
Morning Pineapple and a funsize apple
Lunch Carrot & lentil soup with a roll (HEB) followed by a banana
Afternoon 2 satsumas
Dinner Vegetable lasagna (25 syns + 2xHEA)
TOTAL SYNS - 25 (29½/105 weekly)
BODY MAGIC - None

Today I'm planning another low syn food day. For breakfast I've already had toast (HEB) with cheese (HEA) and I've got loads of fruit with me to snack on throughout the day at work. I haven't brought any lunch so I'll probably pop to the supermarket and pick something up - I like the Asda bean salads which are 3½-4½ syns each. For dinner I'm going to make up a pot of vegetable chilli which I'll have with some rice.

I'm going to my friends for a dvd night tonight so I'll have some syns leftover for any biscuits/nibbles that she'll put out. I'm hoping that she doesn't though and that way I can save those syns for the weekend.

I'm also popping into the gym tonight but I think it'll be a quick session. I've never got the motivation for a long session when I'm going straight from work but I'll make sure I do another C25K run at the very least. I've restarted at week 3 and this will be my second session.

I went over syns last night - the temptation of the nibbles my friend had bought in for our dvd night was just too much :( I'm not going to worry too much about it though, since I'm doing weekly syns now I'm still hoping that I'll have made it back up by the end of the week.

Thursday 30 January 2014
Breakfast
Toast (HEB) with cheese (HEA)
Morning 2x satsumas & a funsize apple
Lunch Edamame bean salad (3 syns) followed by 2 Alpen Light bars (HEB) and a fruit salad
Afternoon (& before gym) 2 Cheese Strings (HEA), banana and WW yogurt
Dinner Pasta arrabiata
Evening Doritos (10 syns) and Maltesers (8 syns)
TOTAL SYNS - 21 (50½/105 weekly)
BODY MAGIC - Gym (30 minutes)

I went to do another C25K session last night at the gym but it was so busy I couldn't get on a treadmill. Instead I did a 5 minute warm-up and cool-down on the bike with an intense 20 minutes on the cross trainer. I'll be back on Sunday and hopefully I'll manage to get on the treadmill this time.

I'm hoping to keep the syns low today even though I'm having a Chinese for dinner. So far I've had a WW yogurt and banana for breakfast, a jacket potato (HEB for oil) and cheese (2x HEA) lunch and have snacked on an apple and 2 satsumas. There aren't many veggie options at the chinese we go to (but what there is is yummy!!) so I think I'll go for veggie chow mein. I've tried to look up the syns and can't find anything but according the the SW website the beef one is 8
½ syns on red so I'm going to assume that the veggie one is 8½ on green and count that. Hopefully that's as many syns as I'll have tonight but there is a cheesecake sitting in the fridge..... (but I must use my willpower.......!!!!!)

Have a great weekend x

Just a quick update since I didn't get on yesterday.

FRIDAY 31 JANUARY
Breakfast - Banana & WW yogurt
Morning - Satsuma
Lunch - Jacket potato (HEB for oil) with cheese (2x HEA) and an apple
Dinner - Vegetable chow mein (8.5 syns) and a can of Irn Bru (7 syns)
TOTAL SYNS - 15.5 (66.5/105 weekly)

SATURDAY 1 FEBRUARY
Breakfast - Satsuma
Lunch - Jacket potato with cheese (HEA + HEB) and beans
Dinner - Vegetable chilli with boiled rice followed by vanilla and mascarpone cheesecake (15 syns)
Evening - 2x Alpen Light bars (HEB), a Mugshot and 2x Cheese Strings (HEA)
TOTAL SYNS - 15 (81.5/105 weekly)
BODY MAGIC - Walking (3 miles)

Last edited:
Busy weekend and not exactly to plan but I'm still within my weekly syn allowance so I'm pretty happy overall.

Sunday 2 February 2014
Brunch Omelette
Afternoon Aldi dark chocolate bar (7½ syns), a banana and a latte (HEA)
Dinner Macaroni cheese (2xHEB + HEA + 7 syns) with 4 small slices garlic bread (15 syns) and salad
TOTAL SYNS - 29.5 (111/105 weekly)
BODY MAGIC - Walk (3 miles) and gym (1 hour)

That's a little more than I thought because when I had the garlic bread I'd forgotten I'd already had chocolate. I'll try and go for a syn free day today though and that's only 6 syns over for the week which is probably the best week I'll have had for AGES! I've had bran flakes (HEB) with milk (
½HEA) and banana already for breakfast, I've got Mugshot and WW yogurt for lunch and satsumas and plums to snack on during the day. For dinner I'll have vegetable chilli with boiled rice and then I'm out at the gym tonight so that'll keep me away from the temptation of the fridge. If I'm peckish when I get in (which I usually am!) I'll have toast (HEB) with Philidelphia (½HEA) and tomato.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend x

Last edited:
It was WI this morning and the scales were reading 10st 7½lb which means I'm the same as I was last week. Usually I'd be disappointed with that result but it's the first time this year that I haven't gained so I can't really complain. I also gave into temptation last night and had a bar of dark chocolate which took me over syns for the day and also WAY over for the week.

Monday 3 February 2014
Breakfast Bran Flakes (HEB) with milk (
½HEA) and banana
Morning 2x satsumas
Lunch Mugshot followed by a WW yogurt
Afternoon 3x small plums
Dinner Vegetable chilli with boiled rice
Evening Toast (HEB) with cheese (HEA) and tomato and a bar of dark chocolate (24 syns - wow I didn't think it would be that much!!)
TOTAL SYNS - 24 (135/105 weekly total)
BODY MAGIC - Gym (1h 15m)

I had an amazing session at the gym last night and felt like I worked really hard. I did 20 minutes on the cross trainer then 5 minutes on the rowing machine, 5 minutes on the hand bike, 2x10 reps on the abs cruncher and 3x12 reps on the leg press and then I finished up by doing a C25K session on the treadmill. I'd usually do the treadmill first but the gym was really busy and all of the treadmills were being used when I got there.

My plan for today is to keep syns low and avoid using any of my HEs until tonight. Colin and I have planned a cheese and crackers night because we bought these little cheeses in Harrods when we were in London.

Cheese.jpg

I'm going to stick with the cheddar ones and use my HEAs on it (and HEBs if needed!!). All going to plan, I should have 13½ syns left which I'll use on some crackers but to be honest I'll be quite happy to pick at the cheese by itself!! Bearing in mind I want to keep most of my syns and all of my HEs for tonight, my food plan for today is banana and yogurt for breakfast, Aldi savoury rice (1½ syns) with added green beans, carrot and sweetcorn for lunch and mixed bean curry and rice for dinner. Snacks will be plums, satsumas and a banana.

Oh no, I've just remembered that I'm going to donate blood after work which means I'll have a biscuit as well. I'll try and choose the best one and just live with the fact that I'll end up over syns today and hopefully I'll make it up tomorrow (.... or not since I've just remembered I'm meeting a friend for lunch!!!! :eek:). Oh well, I'll take one day at a time and just do the best I can.

Oooh those cheeses look amazing, bet they taste yummy!

Well done on the maintain hun, must feel good to be back on track. I was only just saying in another thread how it must be so hard to stay motivated when you get close to target.

On the blood donating thing, just think of all the calories you'll use to replace it! LOL! I might see if they'll let me donate every week, preferably right before WI! :D

Oooh those cheeses look amazing, bet they taste yummy!

Well done on the maintain hun, must feel good to be back on track. I was only just saying in another thread how it must be so hard to stay motivated when you get close to target.

On the blood donating thing, just think of all the calories you'll use to replace it! LOL! I might see if they'll let me donate every week, preferably right before WI! :D

We actually bought 8 of those little cheeses, they just looked too good to resist. We got a little taste of each when we bought them and they are soooooo delicious!!

Re the blood donation, I like your thinking :)

My motivation comes and goes so I'm just having to try and learn to work with it and work out when my 'danger' times are so I can prepare for them. That's what it's all about I suppose xx

I'm delighted to report that I had a super good day yesterday. Colin was late back from work so we didn't manage to have our cheese night so that's be rescheduled to Saturday instead.

Tuesday 4 February 2014
Breakfast
WW yogurt and banana
Morning 2x satsumas
Lunch Aldi savoury rice (1½ syns) with added green beans, carrot and sweetcorn
Afternoon 2x plums and a banana
Dinner Mixed bean curry and rice
Evening Toast (HEB) with spread (2 syns) and cheddar (HEA)
TOTAL SYNS - 3
½ (3½/105 weekly)
BODY MAGIC - None

Food-wise I'm hoping for another good day. I've had toast (HEB) with cheese (HEA) for breakfast, I've got lentil soup and a roll (HEB) for lunch and I've got pineapple, satsumas and plums for snacks throughout the day. I'm meeting a friend for an early dinner tonight straight from work and I'm just having a little scan over the menu at the moment. I think I'm just going to opt for a main course only and I'll either go for the Gurkha or Mandalay vegetable curry with rice which are noted as being 'healthy options' and 'oil free' :D Is it possible that these may be totally syn free????? Maybe I'll count 2-3 syns just to be on the safe side. I've already.

I'm heading for another gym workout later tonight (my friend can't go until at least 9pm because of childcare issues) and I'm going to aim to do the same as I did on Monday night. I can't believe I'm still saying this but I'm really looking forward to it!

xx

Not a bad day yesterday considering I had a meal out. I'm pretty happy with how I'm doing so far this week, hopefully I can continue it through the weekend!

Wednesday 5 February 2014
Breakfast
Toast (HEB) with cheese (HEA)
Morning Pineapple and 2 satsumas
Lunch Lentil soup and a roll (HEB)
Afternoon 2x plums
Dinner Roasted red pepper and tomato soup (6 syns) with a white roll (7 syns + 2 for spread) then vegetable Gurkha curry with boiled rice
TOTAL SYNS - 15 (18
½/105 weekly)
BODY MAGIC - Gym (1 hour)

I had a chat with the server at the restaurant I went to last night about the healthy option curries that they do and it turns out that they are totally syn free :DThat's why I decided to treat myself to a starter (inc. bread roll) too!

I'm going to a book club tonight and I can't wait. It's a fairly informal one which has been arranged by a friend of a friend and there's around 12 of us going along. Fiona, who has arranged the whole thing, has booked a side room at a new bar in town for us from 7-9 so I'm going to keep some syns for a glass of wine. As it's the first session we haven't had to read anything in advance, all she's asked is that we contact her with 2 book suggestions each and she'll print off the synopses so we can chat on the night and agree which ones we'll put on our 'reading list' (I think it just needs to be a majority vote). We'll then choose a book off of the list each time we meet (once per month), adding new books as we go. I think it's really just an excuse for a night out but I love to read and love wine so it seems a good combination to me!!

I've had an Alpen Light (
½HEB) and pineapple for breakfast, I've got lentil soup and a roll (HEB) for lunch and I'm going to pop out to the supermarket shortly for some fruit and snacks to have during the day. Dinner will be something quick from the freezer - maybe vegetable chilli with a baked potato.

I'll also need to pop in and collect the new dish I've bought for bringing my lunches to work - it's this one:

Noodle Bowl.jpg
It's great for sticking in the microwave because it's got a little bit at the top that you pop open when you stick it in the microwave. It's only enough to let the steam escape so I shouldn't end up with my lunch splashed all over the microwave! I'm actually so excited to get it (sad really!) and I'll have no excuses for not bringing in leftovers for lunch now.....

xx

Sounds like you're having a really good week. Enjoy the book club, I love reading so will be interesting to hear what books are chosen.

I need to pick up something like your dish/tupperwear so I'm all organised for work. xx

Just wanted to say hello :) Have been looking for some new veggies to stalk ;)
Looks like you have such a busy, busy life! And a new boy always makes food a little difficult as well, esp if they don't know you're eating healthily.

Very impressed with how much you enjoy the gym :)

Good luck for WI.x

Sounds like you're having a really good week. Enjoy the book club, I love reading so will be interesting to hear what books are chosen.

I need to pick up something like your dish/tupperwear so I'm all organised for work. xx

Loving the new avatar Bev, you're looking fab!

I've got the soup cup version of that dish as well and they are so handy for work. I got them both in Asda for a few pounds each.

If you're interested, here's a list of the books that have been chosen for the next few months:

February - The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
March - Tony Hogan Bought Me and Ice-cream Float Before He Stole My Ma by Kerry Hudson
April - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
May - Still Alice by Lisa Genova
June - The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
July - The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
August - Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman
September - The World According to Bob: The Further Adventures of One Man and His Street-wise Cat by James Bowen

We're going to sit down again at the July or August meeting and decide on books for the rest of the year so if you've any ideas or suggestions...... I've already downloaded The Rosie Project and I can't wait to get going with it :)

Just wanted to say hello :) Have been looking for some new veggies to stalk ;)
Looks like you have such a busy, busy life! And a new boy always makes food a little difficult as well, esp if they don't know you're eating healthily.

Very impressed with how much you enjoy the gym :)

Good luck for WI.x
Hi there, thanks for stopping by, please feel free to stalk...!

I'm also impressed with how much I'm loving the gym - it has come as a massive surprise to me so I'm embracing it while it lasts!

It would probably make life a little easier if I told Colin about SW but I'm not sure he'd really understand so I'll just plod on as is for the moment and hopefully I'll manage.

--------------------------------

So I went a bit over syns yesterday but since I'd saved some from Tuesday, I'm still on track for the week so I won't panic just yet!

Thursday 6 February 2014
Breakfast Pineapple and Alpen Light (½HEB)
Morning Quavers (5½ syns) and tea (½ syn)
Lunch Lentil soup and a roll (HEB) followed by 2 Cheese Strings (HEA)
Afternoon Mango and 2 satsumas
Dinner Vegetable chilli in a baked potato
Evening 2x 175ml glasses Pinot Grigio (13 syns) and 2 Cheese Strings (HEA)
TOTAL SYNS - 19 (37
½/105 weekly)
BODY MAGIC - Walk (1 mile)

I'm off to see the comedian Jimeoin tonight but I'm driving so no risk of getting carried away and using loads of syns on wine again! I've already had Bran Flakes (HEB) with banana and milk (
½HEA) for breakfast, I'm munching on 2 satsumas just now and I've got lentil soup and a roll (HEB) for lunch and a yogurt for afternoon snack. A lady at work made some of the Hairy Dieters skinny cupcakes with lemon drizzle icing so I'll probably have one of those at one point and I think it'll be around 7½ syns. For dinner I'll dig a bean curry out of the freezer and have that with some boiled rice. If I'm peckish for something when I get home, I'll have a mint hot chocolate (2 syns + HEA).

Oh dear, terrible day yesterday, SW went right out of the window :-(

FRIDAY 7 FEBRUARY 2014
Breakfast - Bran Flakes (HEB) with milk (0.5 HEA) and banana
Morning - Cupcake (7.5 syns) and ex satsumas
Lunch - Lentil soup and a roll (HEB)
Afternoon - yogurt
Dinner - veggie risotto
Total syns - 7.5 (45/105 weekly)
Body magic - none

SATURDAY 8 FEBRUARY 2014
Morning - cereal bar (HEB) and apple
Afternoon - digestive (3.5 syns) and caramel log biscuit (7.5 syns)
Dinner - veggie pizza (20 syns + 2x HEA)
Evening - wine (15 syns), nibbles (10 syns) and a yogurt
TOTAL SYNS - 56 eek! (101/105 weekly oops!)
BODY MAGIC - walk (4 miles)

I'm aiming for a better day today (shouldn't be hard!!) and then hopefully a no syn day tomorrow before WI on Tuesday.

Oh no, another terrible day yesterday and I'm so annoyed with myself :mad: I had huge amounts of crusty tiger bread with soup at lunch (far too much!), and loads of cheese and sweets at night. It's so bad that I can't even remember everything I had but I did tally it up throughout the day and I'd estimate around 45 syns again. That takes me to around 156 syns for the week which is way over the 105 maximum.

I've decided to change my WI day to a Thursday morning which means that if I go off track at the weekend, I can make it up before WI. It doesn't seem to work for me doing it the other way around because I just tell myself that I can have my syns during the week and that I'll behave myself at the weekend (which never happens!). I'm going to start it from this week so I've got until Thursday morning to pull my act together and hopefully the results won't be quite as bad....

Plan for today is toast (2xHEB) with spread (3 syns) for breakfast. I've brought a yogurt, banana and 2x satsumas for snacks at work and I'll have a Mugshot for lunch. For dinner I might just fix up a Pasta & Sauce with added veggies (2 syns approx).

I'm going to make some tomato, lentil and chilli soup tonight so I've got a supply for lunches for the rest of the week.

I'm heading off to the gym tonight with my friend and I'm on to week 4 of C25K which involves 2x 5 minute runs and 2x 3 minute runs. I did the first session at the gym last night and it was tough but doable. I've done it before so I know I can do it but I find running on a treadmill so much more difficult than running outdoors. I think it's the mental side I'm struggling with though - when I was running outside I couldnt' see a clock and just had to rely on the lady on the podcast keeping me going and then telling me when the time was up. On the treadmill though, I can't help but constantly look at the clock. I might revert back to my podcast and hide the clock on the treadmill and see if that helps me any.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend xx

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about another bad food day. It's so difficult when you have temptations like yummy Tiger bread and stuff. Your will power will only go so far! Don't be too hard on yourself :)

Good luck at the gym too.x

Thank you :) I'm not going to let it play on my mind, I'm just going to get back on track straight away x

Sorry about the food stuff hun, I def think a Thur wi would work loads better for you. You seem to do great in the week and find the weekend the trickiest, so having your wi straight after it doesn't make much sense.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. It must be a lot harder psychologically when you've got down to a weight where you can wear nice clothes and look great already.

Well done on the body magic, hopefully with the gym and stuff youll be able to burn off any extra you had over the weekend and still manage a loss xx

Sorry about the food stuff hun, I def think a Thur wi would work loads better for you. You seem to do great in the week and find the weekend the trickiest, so having your wi straight after it doesn't make much sense.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. It must be a lot harder psychologically when you've got down to a weight where you can wear nice clothes and look great already.

Well done on the body magic, hopefully with the gym and stuff youll be able to burn off any extra you had over the weekend and still manage a loss xx

Well I think you were right Bev, I still weighed myself this morning (I didn't want to hide from the scales) and I was shocked to see that I've lost 1lb. Perhaps it was the exercise like you suggested - either way I'm delighted! I'm going to WI again on Thursday and that'll be me starting my new WI day.

xx

Hey hun, how was weigh day? x

Back