Verity's LL Diary

Wooo!! 8lbs?! Brilliant loss! Well done! :D

xx

Thanks ladies!
It really is motivating for the week ahead! Bring on next tuesday!
x

wow - that's amazing!! Roll on next weeks weigh in!

Thanks everyone!
I'm hoping for another 8lbs next week!

Still no CBT in the session but I have been doing the book at home, and I can see how it works.
Haven't given in again, so I'm pleased with that, I even just wrote a shopping list for my mum, snooping through the cupboards I would have picked on about 10 different things but I didn't so go me!

I started having bars this week and chopped up my first lemon one this morning and made them into biscuits, which are nice and great to snack on but i've found i've been really bloated all day.
Maybe i will eat it earlier tomorrow.

It was also nice to make the first changes to my tracker yesterday. It's nice to visualise my lose and to see that I'm on the way there.

right yoga, shower bed! up at 6 to cook another 25 fry ups... Ugh thank god I'm a vege and dont crave bacon but I would kill a kitten for a slice of toast and marmalade!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week

x

You are doing so well, keep it up chick xx

Hiya...

Yeah, the little lon biscuits are great for a nice crunchy snack aren't they?! :)

I find, out of all the bars, they make me a little bloated too though... Still, kinda worth it! ;)

Well done on your journey so far, doing great!

Xx

I had a nut bar today... tasted like snickers!
ate it really slowly too so lasted me about 2 hours... Yum!

Thanks for the support guys it really helps.

I'm super tired today (because of 4hours sleep, not LL) and now have to go and do my mum's food shopping and then back to work... should be fun!

One last thing, do the bars mean a slower weight loss?

Best wishes to everyone!

x

One last thing, do the bars mean a slower weight loss?

This has been discussed a lot on the boards. Personally I think no. They are designed as part of the programme to keep us in ketosis.

And more importantly they keep me sane!

Had a lemon bar but not as a biscuit. May have to try that this week. I had the fudge nut one and hated it. Chocolate, good. Nuts, good. The Fudge! What is that all about?? Tasted so artifical and plastic-y (only way I can describe it) will be sticking to toffee anf peanut.

I enjoyed the bars when I first had them, but the second week I actually went and swapped some of them I felt deprived from my shakes. I also couldnt get past the citric sickness from the lemon bar and the cardboard taste of the others. Pity really I was looking forward to them. xx

Mixed bag on the bars then... I have quite a selection although slightly more of the lemon ones as wanted to make the biscuits.

Day 9.
Feeling a little sick and weak today, I have had a cold and have been working split shifts with very little sleep so I think it might be catching up with me. But day off tomorrow for sleeping and looking after myself.

The food shopping wasn't too bad, no major cravings apart from raspberries. I think I'm missing the fresh taste of fruit and veg more than anything else now. probs because the card cravings have ceased.

I have been looking into low card high protein vegetarian diets and although I ate pretty well (if too much) before. I can see where the carb trap is, and it's especially hard for vegetarians as a lot of our high protein foods are also high in fat and/or carbs. But I've read about the rose elliot vege low carb book so have ordered that off amazon.

Can't wait for a bath and my bed.

Night all have a good day tomorrow !

x

I enjoyed the bars when I first had them, but the second week I actually went and swapped some of them I felt deprived from my shakes. I also couldnt get past the citric sickness from the lemon bar and the cardboard taste of the others. Pity really I was looking forward to them. xx

I found when I make the lemon bar into biscuits it doesnt have that strong 'jif' lemon taste anymore and it's really crunchy while the white 'chocolate' bit stays 'chocolaty'
also I read somewhere that if you keep the bars in the fridge they dont have that cardboard taste.
It might be worth getting 1 or 2 next week to experiment with them.

I hope you're doing well

v x

Thanks for the tip, I will defo try it out. It nice having the ability to chew something sometimes. x

I just got drunk...
I drank real mexican tequila, I heard that clear spirits are the best as low in calories, didnt have mixer either. (I was sipping, not doing shots!)
I will feel bad tomorrow but I didn't eat anything, even though the doritos etc were cracked out so I'm proud of myself!
Also got really bad tooth ache along both upper rows of teeth, it's either sinuses or wisdom teeth... and just when i can have the bars i can't chew... typical!

hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!

x

Hi, well done for your honesty, i heard white spirits were the best, put it behind you now and back on the LL wagon.

Hope you dont have too much of a hangover!

got a bit of a headache but it's my teeth that are killing me!
I am still in ketosis so all is not lost!
back on track today!

Have a good day

xx

Back