Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

Oh my word... that dress! A amazing loss...

^^^ what Jo said! Amazing! x

Oh my word... that dress! A amazing loss...

^^^ what Jo said! Amazing! x

Thank you ...

And I know right? That dress looks like a sack on me now! How did I walk around at the wedding thinking I looked remotely ok?

Also - don't wanna discuss the make up. I don't wear make up at all and that was overdone for the wedding photographs (something about lighting and what not :rolleyes:). And it's Dubai. Even though it was Feb (which is relatively cool here) I was sweating all day! That's why the shiny face :p.

Today I am sat in the office in a short (above knee) denim skirt and a sleeveless blouse and loving it :D

And then I wonder why, despite how fabulous it feels when we're looking and feeling great, do we still sporadically hit the sabotage button...

We need to freeze frame these moments and these feelings to dig out when we're not in the same place.

How's Conso going?

And then I wonder why, despite how fabulous it feels when we're looking and feeling great, do we still sporadically hit the sabotage button...

We need to freeze frame these moments and these feelings to dig out when we're not in the same place.

How's Conso going?

Yes yes yes! That's why I am making it a point to write down what happens to me so I can look back on it when temptation strikes.

I am loving Conso. Today completes 5 and a half weeks.

This week have made every effort to eat my bread everyday - and have enjoyed it tremendously!

Eating veggies at every meal (except today :() makes me feel normal and no longer on a diet.

What I have noticed is the change in my attitude towards celebration meals. I remember when I was almost at the end of Cruise I had pretty much planned every celebration meal for a month. I never stuck to the plan. And I am no longer bothered if I have the same celebration meal two weeks in a row. The only thing I am religiously doing is having the meals and starch on the weekends where I am more active (not stuck at my desk!) and digest the heavy meal!

I was thinking about what to have this weekend. And then I realized I am only in the first half of conso. What happens when I move to two celebration meals a week? Will I even be able to cope with that :eek:... At least I dont have to worry about a second celebration meal for another 250 DAYS !! :D

Its WI and measurements tomorrow. This week has been slightly more indulgent - have had
a third of an Atkins bar,
bread everyday,
chicken wings which were slathered in barbecue sauce (so full of sugar and stuff and I kept dipping anyway :p),
bigger fruit portions - no medium oranges, super huge humongous oranges :)drool:), and
pork scratching - did I mention that I discovered these on the Atkins forum here? Who knew deep fried pork skin would be so tasty!

I know with my daily WIs (yes yes I shouldnt but cant help it) - that I have not put on any weight. Consistently been at 76.9kg since Sun (two days after cheat meal and the extra water used up).

Let's see what today's PP day brings!

Looking forward to the next update x

Reading your words makes me realise how very far from Conso I am at the moment (on holiday) and I will have to pull back on my return.

I haven't had a Pp day in months, which isn't necessarily bothering me but I should do a clean PV each week without any extras once back at work.

76.2kg!!!! Beat TW by 600gms! And 3 days ahead of online calculator :bliss::0icanfly:

While packing my food for today another food I added to my diet last week that I completely forgot about - NUTS! I have been eating 6 macadamia nuts most days (except PP day of course). And no adverse affects...

And - I am now less than a kg away from being just overweight on the BMI scale!

I have no idea what to feel right now. It's like falling in love and wanting to shout it out from the tallest building for all to hear - but you can't yet as you not sure where the relationship is going :eek:. Never imagined I'd make it to the end.

Oh gosh... I feel overwhelmed

WOT!!! That's amazing!!! Don't worry about where this relationship is going, it's going in the right direction so just go with the flow! Congrats on beating TW ahead of time, keep going Bonkers! x

Thank you guys :D

Now the 6 WIs I have had on Conso - every time I see a loss I think its just the PP days taking care of water and it will all be back on next WI. It hasn't happened so far and hope it doesn't. Although, the way I have been eating, I think there may even be a small gain this week :rolleyes:. Nothing off-plan (I mean my modified plan) but just loads of food!

Was in a mall yesterday and walked into every store that had a sale sign posted :p. Looking for work pants - did not find any - but was trying on 14s in some stores!!! In one the sales lady asked me my size and I go "16" and she still pulled out a 14 and said try this - and it fit!!!! I didn't buy it coz I didn't like the style (too slim) but it was a good good feeling to be "accepted" as a smaller person :D.

Just catching up on diaries, below target!!! That's fab! And size 14? I'm not sure my backside has ever seen a 14. Well done, you've done brilliantly and should be really proud of yourself x

You're really doing brilliantly and I know exactly what you mean about finally being accepted as a "normal" person. I love the look on people's faces when I tell them I used to weigh 141K! haaaaa!
Your adapted Conso is really a great idea and it's an excellent way to lose a bit more while eating more normally. Perhaps post us some menus again so that we can follow? Given the high failure rate at Conso when people go right down to a low BMI, it's good to see you doing it this way...
:D

Wow - huge congrats!!! Just reading through your diary and you are doing so very well!!

I echo what Jo says, would love to see some of your menus as it sounds like you are getting the balance right with life and food :D I totally failed at conso when I reached TW in 2011, seeing how you are doing is great!

Your pics are inspiring xx

Just catching up on diaries, below target!!! That's fab! And size 14? I'm not sure my backside has ever seen a 14. Well done, you've done brilliantly and should be really proud of yourself x

hahaha! Thanks tyin again. And my backside loves the 14 - its my humongous tummy that's still resisting the change :rolleyes:

You're really doing brilliantly and I know exactly what you mean about finally being accepted as a "normal" person. I love the look on people's faces when I tell them I used to weigh 141K! haaaaa!
Your adapted Conso is really a great idea and it's an excellent way to lose a bit more while eating more normally. Perhaps post us some menus again so that we can follow? Given the high failure rate at Conso when people go right down to a low BMI, it's good to see you doing it this way...
:D

That happened to me yesterday! One of the guys in my office went "you have lost a lot of weight - what was it 10/20 kg?" and my reply - actually 43kgs - that floored him!

Hoping my mods don't come back to bite me in the a** :p

Wow - huge congrats!!! Just reading through your diary and you are doing so very well!!

I echo what Jo says, would love to see some of your menus as it sounds like you are getting the balance right with life and food :D I totally failed at conso when I reached TW in 2011, seeing how you are doing is great!

Your pics are inspiring xx

Hi couteaux

Thank you for your kind words.

And I am still terrified that I will do something silly and just give in! There are times I think "oh one bite of that cake won't matter" but no - I have to remind myself that one bite may become two and then three and spiral out of control. What I have started doing is putting away bits of desert that I crave during the week to eat at my celebration (read cheat) meal. So where the good doc says eat one dessert, I have 4! A slice of cake, a square of chocolate, last week I had a costa's tiffin and a gulab jamun (Indian sugar sweet). That's the only thing that keeps me on track during the week :D.

I have been "away" from minis but did notice you started up your diary again - will go catch up with you in a bit xx

On the menu front, posting everyday will be difficult as I have even stopped logging on MFP. Got too obsessive and realized that it wasn't making a difference to weight (how much I ate calorie wise). And now that I eat out (office canteen during the week and anywhere at the weekends) - there was no way to gauge how much I was eating.

Yesterdays Menu:

B: Grande Cappuccino Low Fat

L: Fish fried (i think it was cod) - had about 4 pieces, salad (tomatoes and green leaves - don't know what they called!)

D: Chicken escalope / schnitzel made with oat bran

S: 5 crabsticks, strawberries, two slices of bread with turkey luncheon meat and mayo, gouda cheese, 5 macadamia nuts

Today (PP):

B:
Grande Cappuccino Low Fat

L:
Chicken escalope / schnitzel made with oat bran (from home) + 3 pieces of roast beef and 4 chicken strips (grilled)

D: Baked salmon fillet

S: Bits of bacon fried, two triangles of las vache qirit cheese (so far), SF jelly, Rhubarb

Milk and yogurt are the only low fat dairy products I consume. That's just coz I don't like the creamy full fat versions. Everything else is full fat (the cheese, mayo) and even my bacon and schnitzel are fried in oil or butter :p.

Will try to post every few days ... But do tell me to stop if it upsets anyone :p

Last edited:
You look fab xx

Hey Bonkers, that's great, thank you for sharing your menu and please don't worry about not posting daily, it's just really interesting (and helpful!) to read what's working for you :)

Really appreciate you writing all that up, your menu looks lovely and it's obviously working. You are doing so well, keep going!!

Back