Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

I can't believe you're still losing, it's brilliant! x

I know right? And if you saw how much I still eat you'd be shocked! My skinny colleagues go on about portion control with me sat there eating a heaped plate or veggies and protein :p

Menus

Yesterday:

B: Grande Cappuccino Low Fat

S: 2 cheese triangles, hard boiled egg white X 4, oat bran cookie, pork scratching, third atkins bar, 6 macadamia nuts, two slices bread with Mayo and Turkey luncheon meat

L: Steak (3 pieces) with loads of green leafy salad

D: Spaghetti squash with oscar mayer wieners

Today

Celebration meal day so just going to name the restaurant :p

B: 3 macadamia nuts, 1 grapefruit, small cappuccino low fat x 2

L: Chilis

S: oat bran cookie

D: Nothing yet. Still stuffed from lunch that was consumed over 7 hrs ago! Don't know if I will be bothering...

I think we'll all be trying your Mum's salmon recipe. What's peri peri?

I adore salmon and ate it most days on Duane but have alas cut back now seeing the calories... shame!

Yeah the unlimited pasta on SW has always made me laugh. Don't they realise the extremes some of us would take that to?

You're doing amazingly well hanging in there through your version of Conso. So many of us slip up at that stage.

Size 12. I'm envious!
X

I think we'll all be trying your Mum's salmon recipe. What's peri peri?

I adore salmon and ate it most days on Duane but have alas cut back now seeing the calories... shame!

Yeah the unlimited pasta on SW has always made me laugh. Don't they realise the extremes some of us would take that to?

You're doing amazingly well hanging in there through your version of Conso. So many of us slip up at that stage.

Size 12. I'm envious!
X

Peri peri is basically chili powder. We buy it in a bottle - not spicy at all, just adds a nice flavor to the salmon.

The calories in salmon are horrendous. But then I look at the numbers on chicken or steak with the skin/fat on and they are pretty similar - so I stopped bothering :p.

Hope you doing well xx

Was on leave last week and got super busy having fun with family so didn't get on here much.

Quick updates:

1. Stuck to plan and STSd on Thursday WI.

2. Thursday and Friday were official off plan days - two completely wonderful days eating what I wanted and when I wanted. Made myself sick :sick0019:. Started at 630am on Thursday (after workout) and ended around midnight on Fri.

Did I regret it - nope! Loved every minute of it :D.

3. Got back on plan Sat. WI Sat morning and put on just over 5kg... Did a PP day yesterday - WI this morning and 2kg down :).

Oh - but my PP day included nuts. May do that all the time now. Ended the day on 27g of carbs. And if I think like Atkins - minus 6g fiber and I have 21g for the day :p. I pee'd like a horse all night - woke up a zillion times so I know that 2kg was all water!

I am not worried about the number on the scale - I know most of it will disappear tomorrow and by Thursday I will be back at my lowest (hopefully :fingerscrossed:).

But I do plan on helping my body along... Going to do a relatively low carb week - less than 50g everyday. Started today off with a lovely cappuccino made with soy milk - must say, not as bad as I was expecting. Very liquid (almost like skimmed milk) but didn't taste of anything nasty. Plus,
- making my own coffee with soy milk is cheaper than buying one every morning
- and I take a longer route to work as I don't have to stop so save on a toll charge

May end up doing this all the time??

Menu for the day:

B: Oat Bran Cookie, Soy Milk Cappuccino

L: Some protein (don't know yet as in the canteen later)

D: Baked Salmon

S: 125g baby asparagus steamed, smoked salmon, 6 macademia nuts, 30g gouda, pork scratchings, 2 rashers of bacon

I put all of this into MFP and works out to around 1600 cals, 34g carbs (minus 7g for fiber = 27g). May throw in more veggies during lunch but not going to stress about it. This is going to pretty much be my menu till Wed (when I will do pure protein).

Hope everyone is good and having a great weekend xx

Lovely to see you back on here. I'm staggered at a 5k gain in such a short time though given that you hadn't been 100% Dukan immediately prior. Good to see the numbers coming down.

One thing I wonder is why have you returned to PP (albeit PP with nuts). I honestly can't recall my last PP day and cut back after my holiday to PV with fruit! And that sufficed. I admit that I query whether you'll continue to have such high losses and gains if you compensate with PP days after time off. Just my thoughts though and of course we're all just dabbling at stabilising and losing with dukan assistance but not necessarily following him!

I certainly do have salmon regularly but have pared down my portions to a more normal size. I always used to think restaurants mean with their salmon pieces... haa!

Looking forward to reading more

Lovely to see you back on here. I'm staggered at a 5k gain in such a short time though given that you hadn't been 100% Dukan immediately prior. Good to see the numbers coming down.

One thing I wonder is why have you returned to PP (albeit PP with nuts). I honestly can't recall my last PP day and cut back after my holiday to PV with fruit! And that sufficed. I admit that I query whether you'll continue to have such high losses and gains if you compensate with PP days after time off. Just my thoughts though and of course we're all just dabbling at stabilising and losing with dukan assistance but not necessarily following him!

I certainly do have salmon regularly but have pared down my portions to a more normal size. I always used to think restaurants mean with their salmon pieces... haa!

Looking forward to reading more

Thanks Jo! Although I didn't get to catch up yesterday - it got so busy at work (ended up working 15hrs!).

Oh the 5kg is testament to how much I ate! And the scale is down another kg today - and that's fully clothed, post half an oat bran cookie and about a litre of water. So hopefully the gain will disappear come Thur :D.

I am actually feeling skinny today - past two days felt bloated and didn't like what I saw in the mirror - I couldn't see my neck! At least that's what it felt like :p

The PP was intentional to get my head back on track! And it wasn't a planned PP - I didn't eat any veggies till about 3pm and then thought, y not?

Completely know that PP days won't have the same effect as when in Cruise - now doing one every week is just resetting water. The achievement of getting through a PP day after a cheat day (not weekly celebration meal) is what gets me back on track food wise - if I don't do the ultra strict day then I worry that I may take it easy one more day and that will turn into the next and the next... I am determined not to regain this time!

I but 300 and bit gms salmon steaks. So I know that I am eating at least that much protein at dinner time :p. What I find really surprising is that I have gone off mince meats, cannot stomach roast chicken (when it is still soft - do you know what I mean?) but I can still eat a salmon steak every night (sometimes both meals on a PP day) and I love it! It tastes different every time. :rolleyes:

Menu:

B: Oat Bran Cookie, Soy Milk Cappuccino

L: Some protein (don't know yet as in the canteen later)

D: Baked Salmon

S: 125g baby asparagus steamed, a full grilled chicken (dry) - think about 700gm?, 6 macademia nuts, 30g gouda, pork scratchings

How's it going? x

Bonkerrrrrrrsssss :D

You did it: after weeks of sodding about, and messing up my diet every day, I'm back and survived my first day SS!!!!

I'm absolutely shattered though, but just wanted to touch base and let you know I'm back in the game!

How you doing Maintainer?

Lots of love to all, I'll do a proper catch up when I can stay awake longer :rolleyes:

B xx

Hi bonkers!

Nice to meet you :) I've just read through your diary and am so impressed by your achievements, especially for stopping smoking. Also feel for you with the reactions from family: how are things going now?

Dukan - and this forum - changed my life when i started back in May 2012, but unfortunately I've slipped on both fronts in the last 6 months. So now I'm back, I've resurrected my diary, and I'm loving reading inspirational stories like yours!

Good luck with maintenance: I can't wait to see how you do!

Caro x

Peri peri is basically chili powder. We buy it in a bottle - not spicy at all, just adds a nice flavor to the salmon.

The calories in salmon are horrendous. But then I look at the numbers on chicken or steak with the skin/fat on and they are pretty similar - so I stopped bothering :p.

Hope you doing well xx

Hi Bonkers.. keep checking to see if you're back.

Never mind the increase as long as you enjoyed yourself and now get back on the wagon again as you appear to have done. Wouldn't want to spoil all your hard work after all.

I love baked salmon and usually just put it in foil with a bit of butter or mayo plus lemon juice.. but I'm trying to include some new things so the peri peri sounds interesting and I'll give that a go.

Thanks for the info... I'm still weighing things and am often way out in the wrong direction which increases my calories big time. Friday I bought a piece of cooked salmon with veg at a take out place. I chose my piece (medium sized). It weighed 225g! And cost me EUR16 and almost half my day's calories!

Thankfully, on Dukan, such things don't matter... real life is tougher!

Bonkerrrrrrrsssss :D

You did it: after weeks of sodding about, and messing up my diet every day, I'm back and survived my first day SS!!!!

I'm absolutely shattered though, but just wanted to touch base and let you know I'm back in the game!

How you doing Maintainer?

Lots of love to all, I'll do a proper catch up when I can stay awake longer :rolleyes:

B xx

I saw your note but have had no time to even think of replying!

So happy to see you're back :hug99:. I am going to make sure I come by your diary to see what you've been upto.

xx

Hi bonkers!

Nice to meet you :) I've just read through your diary and am so impressed by your achievements, especially for stopping smoking. Also feel for you with the reactions from family: how are things going now?

Dukan - and this forum - changed my life when i started back in May 2012, but unfortunately I've slipped on both fronts in the last 6 months. So now I'm back, I've resurrected my diary, and I'm loving reading inspirational stories like yours!

Good luck with maintenance: I can't wait to see how you do!

Caro x

Hi Caro

:wavey:

Thank you for your kind words. I am still amazed when I think back to how different my life was 9-10 months ago. Not in the social sense (still sucks on that front :p) but how I live my daily life has completely changed (i.e. exercise, food and what's going to look good on me today :D).

I am bad at posting (blaming work) but do try to come on at least once a week to update my stats. Didn't manage last week tho :rolleyes:.

xx

Hi Bonkers.. keep checking to see if you're back.

Never mind the increase as long as you enjoyed yourself and now get back on the wagon again as you appear to have done. Wouldn't want to spoil all your hard work after all.

I love baked salmon and usually just put it in foil with a bit of butter or mayo plus lemon juice.. but I'm trying to include some new things so the peri peri sounds interesting and I'll give that a go.

Hi Emmaline

Work work...

Oh I got back on (needed that strict day/week) and managed to STS last week which is all good :D. But it's mum's bday this Sat so may have another mini half-day cheat... don't know yet ;).

I looked at the bottle again last night to get the name for you guys - but I've forgotten! Will do it tonight!

Hope the peri peri works for you xx

Thanks for the info... I'm still weighing things and am often way out in the wrong direction which increases my calories big time. Friday I bought a piece of cooked salmon with veg at a take out place. I chose my piece (medium sized). It weighed 225g! And cost me EUR16 and almost half my day's calories!

Thankfully, on Dukan, such things don't matter... real life is tougher!

OMG! thats almost 3 times what I pay here for a 300gm steak! Wow! Wow! Oh but you say take out place - restaurant? Then actually cheaper than here :p!

Oh yes... real life... according to my tracker, I have 335 days to go on Conso to get to real life :rolleyes:

STS last week. On the scale and tape. All good :D.

I may have mentioned that I am now working out with my sister. We are doing Chalean Extreme (it's round 2 for me) and surprisingly completed Phase 2 on Thursday last week! I say surprising coz I didn't think my sister would last!

And she is sticking with it despite losing no weight or inches in the 10 weeks we've been working out. That is primarily due to not changing her eating habits and she knows it, but I think she is enjoying the challenge of lifting heavier weights every week. I mean I love that I go up a bit every week - feel so strong - can just imaging how she must love it!

Started Phase 3 yesterday. Forgotten how intense it is. My arms are so sore - loving it :D.

Food front all normal. Eating to plan (at least my plan) and sneaky WIs showing STS everyday.

Two things happened to me this weekend past:

1. Went to a Macaroni and Grill for my cheat meal. We couldn't decide on anything else and the bread at this place is to die for! They give you a loaf with the olive oil and vinegar and we ordered bruschetta for starters, a flat bread pizza and i wanted to have a seafood pasta.

I ate the loaf of bread, a slice of bruschetta and a couple of slices of pizza (these are tiny ones - equal to maybe one regular pizza slice)... So anyway, moved onto past and I could barely eat a quarter of it. I was so full! And shocked - even you would be if you saw how much I eat at cheat meals!

The three of us then shared a chocolate cake with icecream :drool:... I am glad I didn't (or couldn't) eat more pasta as the cake was soooo much more fun!

2. Walked into Promod... now my sister used to shop here all the time. Some of the stuff is beautiful, but I've never been able to wear any. Till Friday!

Sale on so we thought why not... Tried on a size 12 dress. Size 12. Size 12. And it fit!!!!! And it looks good! For someone who never wore dresses now owns 2 dresses (one 14 last week and one 12 from this fri) just feels soooo goood :D. I can't wait to wear my new dress soon.

I won't go into menus... Eating way too much to keep track (I think TOTM is going to happen this week!).

Fabulous update. It wasn't a restaurant place but a "traiteur" which serves hot and cold takeout food (including salads). I'm so used to taking my own food in that I'm probably out of touch too but, at that price, I wouldn't fancy buying my lunch to bring back to eat each day.

Size 12... A real achievement. Well done you x

SiZE 12???!!! :worthy:

Back