Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

Hey Bonkers, that's great, thank you for sharing your menu and please don't worry about not posting daily, it's just really interesting (and helpful!) to read what's working for you :)

Really appreciate you writing all that up, your menu looks lovely and it's obviously working. You are doing so well, keep going!!

Thanks Amy... you will see that menu will get repetitive - I usually have the same snacks everyday, lunch is salad and veggies in the office canteen and dinner ends up being baked salmon with veggies (the quickest meal to make).

Well whatever I ate last week gave me and STS... But I think this was more to do with TOTM! I have no idea where its coming from 10 days early!!!!! It's going to happen today or tomorrow - I can feel it :mad:.

No measurements changed ... I am actually glad this happened. Hopefully I go back into the rhythm of STS one week and a small loss the following week :D.

Menu:

B: Grande Cappuccino Low Fat

L:
TBC - office canteen

D: TBC - weekend so generally dine out, most likely nandos tonight!

S: Oat bran cookie, 4 hard boiled egg whites, 6 macademia nuts, two slices of bread with mayo and turkey luncheon meat, gouda cheese, crabsticks

Have a good day everyone xx

Last edited:
Hi bonkers, I replied last night but my computer misbehaved and wouldn't send.

I was congratulating you on you STS as at this point in the diet it's great news!

Hope you have a lovely weekend and thanks again for sharing your menus :)

I too love to read your menus, but only when you've the time and urge. I understand about how obsessive we can get about all this... and, when all is well, it's all so easy, so I also understand your relief at a STS. Well done you. X

Thanks guys xx

Although I did have a sneaky peek at the scales this morning - hoping the number stays the same tomorrow :p.

I still haven't decided what to do for my celebration meal this week - such a quandary (first world problems eh? :rolleyes:)

PP day today:

S: 2 cheese triangles, hard boiled egg white X 4, oat bran cookie, maybe pork scratching (?)

L: Chicken grilled (no idea how much)

L (no. 2): Nandos half chicken :D

D: Baked salmon (easiest and tastiest on a PP day!)

Yesterday

B: None (woke up at 12 for lunch)

L: Baked salmon and cauliflower

S: oat bran cookie, grande cappuccino low fat, SF jelly with cream and raspberries, one slice of bread with turkey luncheon meat and mayo (left over from prev. day)

D: Half grilled chicken

Hey bonkers :)

Still reading you! :)

Nice to have a sneaky insight into your menu! Looks great, when you say baked salmon, is it just salmon or do you add anything ie spices, herbs? Do you put it in foil? Only reason I ask is whenever I do salmon it never really turns out great so wondering how you prepare yours :) xx

Hey bonkers :)

Still reading you! :)

Nice to have a sneaky insight into your menu! Looks great, when you say baked salmon, is it just salmon or do you add anything ie spices, herbs? Do you put it in foil? Only reason I ask is whenever I do salmon it never really turns out great so wondering how you prepare yours :) xx

Hi Girl!

How are you doing?

I don't actually do the cooking, but I can tell you that mum fries it on the stove for a few mins (till the skin gets crispy) but not cooked through and then she applies peri peri powder and garlic flakes before sticking in foil and baking for 20 mins...

I sprinkle salt on myself while eating (she never gets that right). But she does apply a generous coating of peri peri so it gets almost crispy when baked. And I eat every last bite (oil and all :D). My littlest putty cat (B3) also loves mum's salmon :p.

If you want step by step I am happy to ask mum for a recipe?

Thanks for that, sounds great :D

Maybe the not frying is where I go wrong, I've never tried that before that's probs why mines always soggy because I don't crisp it up! I wonder if fry light would have the same impact..... I'll give it a shot when I next buy some :)

I'm great thanks, I joined up to the gym at the weekend, I've been Sunday and Tuesday so far, going tomorrow and Saturday, planning on going every other day, really getting into it :) still following the principals of slimming world but been toying with coming back to Dukan again xx

Thanks for that, sounds great :D

Maybe the not frying is where I go wrong, I've never tried that before that's probs why mines always soggy because I don't crisp it up! I wonder if fry light would have the same impact..... I'll give it a shot when I next buy some :)

I'm great thanks, I joined up to the gym at the weekend, I've been Sunday and Tuesday so far, going tomorrow and Saturday, planning on going every other day, really getting into it :) still following the principals of slimming world but been toying with coming back to Dukan again xx

She doesnt use any oil or spray when frying it - salmon is so oily that it takes of it's self. I remember my ex-bestie saying "adding oil to salmon is begging for a heart attack!" - not true but makes complete sense.

Yay on the gym. It's feels great when you done with your workout - such an achievement! And every second day is good, gives your body sufficient time to recover. What are you doing at the gym?

I know a lot of people swear by slimming world, but the only thing that puts me off is the counting! It may not be as bad as say calorie counting, but still... I just wanna eat when I'm hungry and not worry about running out of syns :p. Have you lost any weight?

You will be welcomed back with open arms xx

Ahh that makes sense :) thanks!

I've just started with cardio workouts, I've been following the couch to 5k app which is basically a workout to build you up for running 5 kilometers, that's a 30 min workout on the treadmill with interval running (2 min walk then 1 min run) then I do the cross trainer then the bike. In a couple of weeks when I've built my fitness up I'm going to go to some of the fitness classes!

You don't have to count or measure anything on slimming world! You have unlimited fruit, veg, lean meat and pasta, potatoes and rice then you get healthy a and b choices for milk, cheese, bread and cereal then syns for extras. I tend to avoid the carbs though, my body don't like carbs at all!!

I will probs be coming back to Dukan soon though it's too unlimited for me lol xx

I could never get salmon right either until Dukan! Then I started frying it like you have it Bonkers, and suddenly realised salmon skin is yum! It was the only fat I got, so loved it lol ;) simple pleasures 'eh!! :D

Ahh that makes sense :) thanks!

I've just started with cardio workouts, I've been following the couch to 5k app which is basically a workout to build you up for running 5 kilometers, that's a 30 min workout on the treadmill with interval running (2 min walk then 1 min run) then I do the cross trainer then the bike. In a couple of weeks when I've built my fitness up I'm going to go to some of the fitness classes!

You don't have to count or measure anything on slimming world! You have unlimited fruit, veg, lean meat and pasta, potatoes and rice then you get healthy a and b choices for milk, cheese, bread and cereal then syns for extras. I tend to avoid the carbs though, my body don't like carbs at all!!

I will probs be coming back to Dukan soon though it's too unlimited for me lol xx

Intervals is great! That's the best form of cardio out there (apparently). And I love doing it coz I know I have to kill myself for just 2 mins before I can rest :D. Enjoy yourself at the classes - I love those but hate physically going to the gym :rolleyes:

I thought you had to weigh stuff out on Slimming World?

I could never get salmon right either until Dukan! Then I started frying it like you have it Bonkers, and suddenly realised salmon skin is yum! It was the only fat I got, so loved it lol ;) simple pleasures 'eh!! :D

That's what I find amazing about Dukan - who knew food can be so tasty and good for you!!!

So yesterday's menu changed, was not hungry ?? :confused:

PP day Wed 11 June:

S: 2 cheese triangles, hard boiled egg white X 4, oat bran cookie, pork scratching

L: Chicken grilled (no idea how much)

[STRIKE]L (no. 2): Nandos half chicken[/STRIKE] I think I have gone off chicken! The thought of chicken is making my stomach turn :(

D: Baked salmon (easiest and tastiest on a PP day!)

Today's WI and I am down 600 gms!!!! That bring me to 75.6kg, 11.9st and over 96lbs lost!

And - half inch each, tummy and waist!

I started conso at 78.7kg and have lost 3.1kg in a month and a half of conso. I love it! A kg and a bit will get me to 100lb / 7 stone loss... something to look forward to for the next month or so - putting it back on my goals (didn't think that I would keep losing on conso :p).

And I am .5 BMI point away from just being "Overweight" :D - I Love Dukan!

Intervals is great! That's the best form of cardio out there (apparently). And I love doing it coz I know I have to kill myself for just 2 mins before I can rest :D. Enjoy yourself at the classes - I love those but hate physically going to the gym :rolleyes: I thought you had to weigh stuff out on Slimming World?

Oh god the 1 minute run seems to last 1 hour whilst your doing it, and the 2 minute walk feels like it's over in 2 seconds!!! Sure I'll get fitter eventually!

Yeah I get you there, I'm not a fan of gyms, get mega paranoid that everyone's staring at me but I've just had to realise that everyone starts as "the fatty" that's why they go there, then they turn into all these lovely slim fit people you see running a million miles per hour lol!

How's your fitness stuff coming along xx

Forgot to add, well done on the loss!! You will have your century badge in no time! 2 weeks max :) then it will be 100lbs gone forever xx

I can't believe you're still losing, it's brilliant! x

Oh god the 1 minute run seems to last 1 hour whilst your doing it, and the 2 minute walk feels like it's over in 2 seconds!!! Sure I'll get fitter eventually! Yeah I get you there, I'm not a fan of gyms, get mega paranoid that everyone's staring at me but I've just had to realise that everyone starts as "the fatty" that's why they go there, then they turn into all these lovely slim fit people you see running a million miles per hour lol! How's your fitness stuff coming along xx

I don't particularly care about the people. Just can't be bothered to dress up drive park workout shower change drive to work! That's the killer for me ...

Am still loving my workouts. Strength training rocks! Barely doing cardio now but physically getting smaller anyway... I mean today I purchased a size 12 jeans from next - now granted they are more jeggings than jeans - but still! Size 12! Who thought that a 12 would see the inside of my cupboard!!!

Forgot to add, well done on the loss!! You will have your century badge in no time! 2 weeks max :) then it will be 100lbs gone forever xx

Thanks Leah! I am looking forward to that milestone. May not be 2 weeks (have a two day break planned next weekend) - so maybe in 3-4 weeks? :p

Back