Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

So last night I had my starch meal for the week. This is the first week I've done this since starting Conso.

Consisted of 175 gms cooked white rice with Chorizo, a chicken thigh and okra - all leftovers :rolleyes:. When I first looked at the rice on my plate, I thought no way is this going to be enough! I may have to eat my bread as well (I hadn't had any yesterday).

But OMG! Was it more than enough. I was stuffed at the end of the meal. Could not sleep properly (felt like I used to over 9 months ago when I ate like that every night!). Woke up feeling sick and bloated. Now granted, some of this could be attributed to TOTM (which looks like is starting today) but, just like I realised two weeks ago that I could not eat a celebration meal at night, I do not think I can eat starchy carbs at night either.

The only plus - those carbs floating around my body gave me the energy required to smash some of my previous weight max during my lifting circuit this morning :D.

Now I am off to enjoy some cheese as a snack before lunch in an hour or so. Gosh, lifting days really leave me hungry :eatdrink023:

Bonkers I'm so jealous, I love cheese and really miss it, every time I open the fridge I want a slice. hopefully be able to have some soon x x

I'm really enjoying reading about your food introductions. It's really interesting x

I feel a lot better if I have a low-ish carb dinner too.

You've totally got this, I'm so proud of you :) x

Thank you lovely! :D

Bonkers I'm so jealous, I love cheese and really miss it, every time I open the fridge I want a slice. hopefully be able to have some soon x x

I was never into cheese before Dukan. But when it came to quick tasty snacks, I got hooked! (even the skimmed or fat free cheeses). And I started eating normal cheeses in my last month of Cruise - now I stick to the 40g a day allowance of Gouda (my fav!) but loving it soooo much!

And you will be on Conso in no time and be able to eat the cheese you want. How long did Dukan calculate the cruise phase for you?

I'm really enjoying reading about your food introductions. It's really interesting x

Hahaha! Thanks Jo!

I am recording key moments here so I can read back and understand what worked and didn't work for me :D

I like your new diary name x

But as my goal now is to change the way my body looks and feels (recomp) I am not concerned about the scale - going to still weigh myself weekly to make sure I am not slipping - and will happily STS for the rest of my life

love, love LOVE this. You've been steadfast and focused - and I'm so SO pleased you're in such a great place. Everytime I read your thread I want to give a round of applause and cheer .... good for you dearheart, good for you :D xx

I was never into cheese before Dukan. But when it came to quick tasty snacks, I got hooked! (even the skimmed or fat free cheeses). And I started eating normal cheeses in my last month of Cruise - now I stick to the 40g a day allowance of Gouda (my fav!) but loving it soooo much!

And you will be on Conso in no time and be able to eat the cheese you want. How long did Dukan calculate the cruise phase for you?

sounds yummy, I would love a slice right now but I will wait. Im in the 11s today :)

I cant remember how long it calculated, maybe 60 something days, I will check though.

enjoy your day and your cheese x x

A quick check in. Been busy at work and baby sitting my niece while sis away at conference.

WI and STS. Not surprised as TOTM. However. Lost .5 inch on both waist and hips - so both maintenance and recomp working so far :)

If pattern over last 4 WIs hold, then maybe a loss next? Who know? As long as it don't go up I'm happy...

My indulgences this week have included 1/3 rd Atkins chocolate bar. I saw these for the first time here and just had to try them! Very chewy but tasty.

I struggled a teeny bit with PP on wed. Did it and followed the rules to the letter, but my heart wasn't in it. Putting that down to TOTM.

Off to bed now as working out at 630 tomorrow morning.

Have a lovely evening and weekend all xx

Good news on the inch loss an STS during TOTM? Pfffff! You're doing great x

In August 2013 (around the 20th), I logged onto the Dukan website and ran my stats through the calculator. Dukan told me my TW is 76.8kg and that I would reach it on Cruise by 1 June 2014.

Around the 79kg mark I was slightly frustrated and needed to feel more normal, so I moved onto Conos without reaching my TW. I have been on Conso for 5 WIs now (since 20 April).

Today I stepped on the scales for my weekly WI. And I saw a number.... a number that I did not think I would see for a while - 76.9kg - that's 100gms away from TW!

:0icanfly::banana dancer::stickdance::wee::bliss::D

Looking back on my Conso journey (to date):

- First week I didn't eat my bread or starch allowance. Since then I have been having bread 2-3 times a week and have made it a point to eat an additional serving of rice once a week (my second "celebration" meal)
- Celebration meals have actually been proper "cheat" meals - no one this or one that. I have just been eating whatever I wanted for that meal.
- I have had one Atkins Chocolate bar.
- My fat intake is still nice and high - butter and oil and salad dressing and not taking the skin off chicken or trimming fat off meat - this means my calorie intake is in the 2500 range.
- Some days had more than my cheese allowance for the day.

Despite all this, trend (so far) is a loss every second WI. :D

I have now lost:

42.4 kg / 93.48 lbs / 6.68 stone

35.54% of my body weight

10 inches off my waist

12 inches off my hips

16.88 BMI points

5 dress sizes (from a 24/26 to a 16)

Finding Dukan made all this possible. I am now fitter (despite still being overweight and carrying a lot of body fat) and feel fab! I have learnt to listen to my body and know what my body doesn't like and when to stop eating. Oh how I wish I had discovered Dukan 10 years ago :p.

I am celebrating this victory with Pizza for my celebration meal tomorrow. I have not eaten pizza since Aug last year and I am looking forward to it.

Tomorrow marks the end of Phase 1 of Round 2 of Chalean Extreme. I will be taking progress pics and will also do my before / afters. This post records my numbers and on Fri / Sat will just upload the pics. Please be kind :).

Oh my god, bonkers, I'm so incredibly proud of you!!!! Your not only going to have met Dukan TW target as predicted but also beat it by a week!!! (You'll deffo have that 100g off by next wi!)

You've well and truly smashed this.

Well done times 1 million x

I'm delighted to read your news Bonks... you've really stuck at it like a trooper and have kept your eyes firmly fixed on your goal.

I'm enjoying seeing people experiment with Conso and have more success with it than those of us who got to quite low targets then blew it within a week of Conso.

You must enjoy your pizza and I hope it's a good one. There's nothing worse than allowing yourself a treat and it being substandard.

I take my hat off
X

Last edited:
What a fantastic post bonkers xxx well done, You really are a Dukan Star. This diet gets a lot of criticism but for me it 'saved' my life xxx Well done

Your journey has been amazing. I know it's still ongoing but I'm so proud of you! x

Oh my god, bonkers, I'm so incredibly proud of you!!!! Your not only going to have met Dukan TW target as predicted but also beat it by a week!!! (You'll deffo have that 100g off by next wi!)

You've well and truly smashed this.

Well done times 1 million x

Thank you Leah xx

I'm delighted to read your news Bonks... you've really stuck at it like a trooper and have kept your eyes firmly fixed on your goal.

I'm enjoying seeing people experiment with Conso and have more success with it than those of us who got to quite low targets then blew it within a week of Conso.

You must enjoy your pizza and I hope it's a good one. There's nothing worse than allowing yourself a treat and it being substandard.

I take my hat off
X

Thanks Jo. Your journey was one of the first ones I read on Minis (on Dukan I mean) and to date you continue to inspire me.

The pizza was great! And about experimenting with food... My ex-bestie always said that I should not be afraid of food. It should not control my life.

Granted he is an ass, however, what he said stuck. And in the last few months I have read people say how Dukan "messed" them up :)rolleyes:). I don't want to be one of them!

So every week or so, I have decided to add everyday food to my diet. This is food that will help me with my strength training - and here I mean stuff like nuts (this weeks experiment) not ice cream and chocolate!

What a fantastic post bonkers xxx well done, You really are a Dukan Star. This diet gets a lot of criticism but for me it 'saved' my life xxx Well done

Thank you sididd! Yes I agree, loads of criticism, if only people gave it a chance.

Your journey has been amazing. I know it's still ongoing but I'm so proud of you! x

Thank you Pog xx

Very quick pic post as I have come back to work from a long weekend off and loads to get done before I get away today :(.

Comparison pics in a dress I wore last year for a friends wedding. I was the maid of honor and to date I cringe looking at the pics. And now I use the dress to take these before/after pics and cannot believe the change!

Before - at my heaviest 119 kg
before.jpg

After - 76.9 kg
after.jpg

This is a full body shot of me yesterday. Size 16 top (H&M) and bottom (a local shop) :D.

As you can see, still a lot to go on the tummy. I spent my life building that padding and I know it will be a while coming off. But, I am happy with me now and the rest will sort itself out.

IMG_1128.jpg

Last edited:
Same problem viewing your before but you look great in your after one.

thank you guys :)

edited the post - can you see them now?

Back