Very bad/naughty syns day :(

hayleyp86

booooo!

i was doing so well yesterday with my diet and i had no syns all day while at work or for my tea....

Roll on 8pm when my beloved Leeds United were playing and i agreed that 1 or 2 ciders couldnt hurt (i mean it is football) roll on a fair few hours later and i had 5/6 cans :( billion syns or what :(

i had been to the gym as well and now that is ruined...

Anyways, no more dwelling i need to dust myself off and have a 100% day today and from now on...

It happens to us all, but one bit of advice I would give is, if you are going to have a drink, find something lower in syns....cider is shockingly high! Trust me, I love cider but it's a no no for me now xx

Thank you!!

I know i have tended to revery to G&T or Wine if i have a drink but foolishly thought as i was with the 'lads' i would have a night off... no more tho as i feel terrible about it today!

i think a uber superfree tea is in order :)

x

Oh I know what you mean, when I'm at games the banter with the guys is fab and having few pints is sooo much fun! :) At least you are back on plan today xx

Great attitude! Keep it going! You will soon be right back on track and sounds like you've been doing really well other than that small blip.

Could you work out the syns you had then take some syns off your daily syns for the rest of the week?

I too used to adore the cider, especially in situations like what you describe! Now I am used to the single vodka diet cokes (I drink them so much that when my friends ask me what I'm having they know what I mean when I just say "VDC please" lol) and really don't know if I could drink a pint of cider, my friend bought me a double vodka a few weeks ago and I thought I was going to heave!

Maybe if you found a spirit you like drinking (I think gin, rum, vodka and whisky are all low syns) you could start having those. If I go to a party I measure out some vodka and take it in my super cool Hello Kitty hipflask :D then just mix it with diet mixers at the party and no one knows what I'm up to!

Thanks guys!

Yes i am going to figure out how much i actually drank in syns and take off for the week...

My fave tipple of the spirit variety is gin (Morgans and coke occasionally) so i will start to educate my head to try and use these as my first port of call!!

also will invest in a 25ml measurer as my other half will surely fill my cup with more Gin than tonic :D

x

It is always better to be honest with yourself and deduct the syns. That way you won't feel guilty!

Also, you said everything is ruined. It's not! You don't have to have all or nothing. One blip is a blip, nothing more. Like you said, pick yourself up and keep going.

You're doing fantastically well!

Right i have deducted my syns and i chose the higher possible option rather than being naughty and deducting!!

This means i have 6.5 Syns a day for the next four days (or as i take them off weekly 26 syns left)

That isn't too bad as to be fair i was being well behaved all week previously and intend to be all today ...

x

Yeah that's absolutely fine, so not so bad after all!

There are loads of delicious lip smackingly good meals you can make that are free / with Healthy Extras /low syn. You'll be grand.

I must say you have been very sensible and level headed and not panicky!

What plan are you following just out of interest?

Thank you :)

I tend to follow the Green plan as i LOVE my carbs and not a mahoosive meat eater. I have been fiddling around with the idea of slimming world for a few months - picking up habits here and there and having the odd week and now i am OFFICIALLY on the wagon and staying there.

I don't have a tremendous amount to lose so don't go to a group but i find that people on here are great. I want to feel comfortable again in my clothes and self so the 'weight' is not a major issue but will weigh myself to know i am achieving something...

I have also joined a gym (well did in November but the snow was terrible so would more often than not go home after work) but have been swimming three times since friday and even that is making me feel good!

I think i need to start a blog :) feels good getting it all out

x

booooo!

i was doing so well yesterday with my diet and i had no syns all day while at work or for my tea....

Roll on 8pm when my beloved Leeds United were playing and i agreed that 1 or 2 ciders couldnt hurt (i mean it is football) roll on a fair few hours later and i had 5/6 cans :( billion syns or what :(

i had been to the gym as well and now that is ruined...

Anyways, no more dwelling i need to dust myself off and have a 100% day today and from now on...

Try not to worry hun, I have done this before when going out but sometimes the temptation just gives in.
What you need to think about is, how many days until weigh in?
And how many syns did you actually in take?
Workout what syns you have had all week and see if you can pull it back over the next few days.
Up your superspeed foods, have scan bran and water or even increase your exercise.
I have done no end of things to try and undo the damage before lol...
You just have to remember when to stop, some people will have one bad night and let it lead to a few days but try not to let this happen.
Good luck xxxx

Try not to worry hun, I have done this before when going out but sometimes the temptation just gives in.
What you need to think about is, how many days until weigh in?
And how many syns did you actually in take?
Workout what syns you have had all week and see if you can pull it back over the next few days.
Up your superspeed foods, have scan bran and water or even increase your exercise.
I have done no end of things to try and undo the damage before lol...
You just have to remember when to stop, some people will have one bad night and let it lead to a few days but try not to let this happen.
Good luck xxxx

I have figured out i have 26 syns for four days left or 6.5 a day. And i can totally manage that.

The weekend could have been a struggle, however a blessing in disguise is it is end of the month and not pay day until a day after i weigh in...

I have been dilly dallying around for ages with this plan and Monday is my first 'OFFICIAL' weigh in as i never used to bother / follow the plan 100% prior to this i was testing the water and looking for inspiration on here...

x

Hahaha...I think you did well only drinking 5/6 cans of cider - I'd need loads more than that if I were watching Leeds!

Only kidding :D

Ooooooooooh OUCH - i love my super leeds united very muchly :D whatever the score! I would of gladly travelled the 6 hours to watch us lose last night (had i not dilly dallied around waiting to get tickets) wouldnt of been as bad when i travelled Aberdeen - London to watch us Lose to Doncaster...that was Painful ... hehe xx

Back