VERY confused

suepat10

I am one of the 63336
My OH was born 10th March 1966, which was a Thursday. I was born 19th May 1968 which was a Sunday. My son was born 20th October 1998 which was a Tuesday.

BUT our birthdays are all on the same day of the week - Wednesdays in 2010. How on earth does that happen?

Add to that my mum who was born in 21 July 1943, a Wednesday, and her birthday is also a Wednesday - same as the rest of us this year.

Sorry if I'm being thick but I don't get it!!

That's what I thought initially but it's a 'permanent' thing. I've just looked back at last year and forward to 2012 & 2014 and they're still the same xx

I don't *know* this but am thinking off the top of my head...so it may not be correct, nor logical! LOL!

Your birthday day changes every year. Because there are 7 days in a week and 365 days in a year...it moves on a day. And then if it's a leap year it changes as well...so, somehow it would work out that you're all on the same day!

Haha...that explains nothing does it?!?!

I guess as said above its to do with leap years. So they'll be the same day until the next leap year when an extra day lengthens the gap between...? Sorry that's the best I have lol x

Well the only way to find out is go right back to the begining follow your birthdays from there. Eventually you'll find the answer. :D

Don't forget to let us know the answer:)

Right, think I've sussed it. Something to do with the leap years between births.

My OH was born in 1966 - Thursday. In 1967 his birthday was on a Friday. 1968 was a leapyear so his birthday was on a Sunday, the same day as I was born.

Therefore it's to do with the leapyears in between us being born. So in the 30 years between me being born and my son being born there must have been an amount of leap years making my birthday in 1998 a Tuesday, the same day my son was born on.

Thank you but not that clever otherwise I'd have realised it before!

It DOES make remembering birthdays a little bit easier with so many on the same day!

It wouldn't be to do with the leap years from date of births onward, as they would all jump at the same rate. It must be to do with leap years between their birth and yours. However, I don't get difference between your birthdays and your OH's. Am wondering if someone is confused over the day of his birth.

Lynda

It wouldn't be to do with the leap years from date of births onward, as they would all jump at the same rate. It must be to do with leap years between their birth and yours. However, I don't get difference between your birthdays and your OH's. Am wondering if someone is confused over the day of his birth.

Lynda

His birthday is in March and mine's in May. There's two years between us PLUS the 1968 leap year happened before our birthdays making a difference of three days (ie Thursday-Sunday)

nooooo it's nothing to do with leap years!

Helllie's right, there are only 7days in a week, but 365 days in a year, as 365 doesn't divide exactly by 7, the DAY that your birthday falls on will always be different. usually a day later each year....

EDIT: now i've just realised it's the leap years that would make some birthdays jump by more than one day, which is why you get the crossover with people born on different days to you. DOH! How many slimming worlders does it take to work out.....

x x

Back