Very Hungry Caterpillar turns butterfly! (mostly green and extra easy)

Amelie24

30th May

Today I started so well with an extra easy day:

Breakfast: Bran flakes (HEb)

Lunch: A boiled egg with salad

BUT then it went to pot with-
Binge:
8 M&S marshmallow sweets
5 merginues, a choc lolly
6 tea-cakes
1 wispa (ooh dear!!)
5 more marshmallows
1 Wall's light ice cream with honey and cinnamon! (... and I'm still not a beautiful butterfly!)

I don't even want to think about the syns in all of that! (maybe I should though and count them towards this week's syn allowance.)

Dinner: southern chicken, a tortilla (oops), baked beans, chips [off plan!]

In my first fortnight I lost 7.5 pounds but in the last week I have put on 3-4 pounds or more! hopefully some of it is water weight.
I know the reason: I am a binge eater and eat huge quantities of high fat, high sugar food with far too many syns! A binge can be 1000-2000 calories+. (I used to have an eating disorder and before joining S.W. at the start of May I'd put on a stone in about a month).

Hopefully by keeping a record and being accountable to anyone who will read this I will be able to start sticking to the Slimming World plan again. Please say 'hi' if you've read my gobbledegook!

Starting again tomorrow

xXxXx

Last edited:
31st May: an extra easy (fingers crossed- binge free!) day!

Brunch: a piece of brown toast (healthy extra), a whole tin of baked beans, lots of mushrooms and a fried egg (cooked in fry-light spray)
Snack: a tea-cake (5.5 syns) and coffee with 1 sugar (1 syn), a tea with sugar (1 syn)
HE: a glass of skimmed milk
Dinner: hopefully something healthy with lots of veg

I was horrified to see the same weight on the scales this morning that I started at 3 weeks ago! last wednesday I had apparently lost 7.5lbs! Hopefully some of this is water retention and I just have to stick to slimming world from now on and ignore the weight gain!

xxx

Last edited:
wow, your amazingly brave to be honest about binge eating. I am to a fellow bing eater. Good luck and stick at, I have slowly through time changed my eating habits (still binge but not such huge quantities)!!!

Thank you! how have you managed to reduce the binges?

ps. what a cute baby!

xx

Last edited:
Amelie, are you getting proper help with your binge eating or are you just trying to beat it alone? If it is the latter, would you perhaps consider going and asking your GP for some proper help? Much as I think what you are attempting is amazing - putting additional pressure on yourself could be counter-productive.

In the meantime, what you can do, is ONLY binge on healthy stuff. Have plenty of fruit and chopped carrot sticks etc about. I know it might not cut it emotionally, but if you can get into the habit of heading for the healthy stuff instead of the stuff you know is doing you no good as a starting point, you will be able to remind yourself that you are sticking to the plan and that you are in control.

That is the key really, reminding yourself who is in control. You are. But I think it might help you to get some proper support to do this, and I hope you do, or are already.

Thank you lovely, no I had help in the past but not just now. Your weight loss is so impressive! I will try to just binge on the superfree foods!

Dinner worked out as: ratatouille with couscous
I have just had a Mars ice cream which I think I takes my syns a bit high for the day but I'm going to try to distract myself from the 'I've messed up so I may as well binge' thoughts!

What do you have as your syns on S.W?
xx

1st June

Breakfast: Fried egg (freeee)
1x slice brown bread (HExB)

Lunch: 75g Pasta
45g Mozarella (HexA)

Snacks: ooops! 2x tea cakes (11 syns)
half a tiffin (7.5 syns)

I also had a synny snack 2am again but I weighed myself this morning and my weight is back to a reasonable 12'11.5
I'm running for 45 minutes a day so hopefully that will help control the syn damage!
xx

Last edited:
Midnight update: had an extra mars ice cream, 3 chocolates and a chocolate mousse- feel a bit hopeless just now!
Oh and yet another teacake, once the packet is finished I shan't be buying any more!

May have had 60+ syns today!

Last edited:
Thank you! how have you managed to reduce the binges?

ps. what a cute baby!

xx

aw thank you, he my little cuttiepie :)

With regards to binging it takes time to chane eating habbits. I use distraction techqiues when I am board, or if I know I am going to binge limit it or plan before hand. It takes time though but you will get there.

An extra teacake just now, once the packet is finished I shan't be buying any more! 24 syns now :(

Oh I never have any naughty food in flat as I am guarteened to eat it and if my OH wants something then I tell him to hide it for me as it works well, ignornace is bliss

aw thank you, he my little cuttiepie :)

With regards to binging it takes time to chane eating habbits. I use distraction techqiues when I am board, or if I know I am going to binge limit it or plan before hand. It takes time though but you will get there.

He is soo cute! Also thanks lovely, I'm going to try to learn not to binge! If you feel as though you might binge do you eat free foods? or just make sure there are no high syn foods around? xx

He is soo cute! Also thanks lovely, I'm going to try to learn not to binge! If you feel as though you might binge do you eat free foods? or just make sure there are no high syn foods around? xx

I try my best to eat alternatives like a yoghurt or some ham but if I am in the mood for something chocolaty something low syn treat like a curly wurly. SW world do have a low syn book which you can use or search minimins as there is a lot of info on here. Crunchy is another good one or if i is hot something like a twister.

I try my best to eat alternatives like a yoghurt or some ham but if I am in the mood for something chocolaty something low syn treat like a curly wurly. SW world do have a low syn book which you can use or search minimins as there is a lot of info on here. Crunchy is another good one or if i is hot something like a twister.

Thanks hun, I lovely curly wurly and crunchies so I'll try those xx

Today's food

Breakfast: nil
Lunch: Skinny butternut squash soup (does anyone know the syns in this?)
Piece of bread (HeX b)
Smoked salmon

Snacks: Mars ice cream (7 syns)
couple of chocolates (6? syns)

Dinner: Probably pasta with mixed vegetable sauce

xx

Hi. I binge the same as you, if I have one bad thing I think sod it I might as well carry on and like you I too gained a stone a month, infact I gained 3 stone in 3 months through just eating crap. If I know I'm gonna be bad of an evening ie got a family meal out instead of being good rest of the day I think nah I may as well be bad all day. I do understand how younfeelmand I wish you all the luck in the world.xx

Hi. I binge the same as you, if I have one bad thing I think sod it I might as well carry on and like you I too gained a stone a month, infact I gained 3 stone in 3 months through just eating crap. If I know I'm gonna be bad of an evening ie got a family meal out instead of being good rest of the day I think nah I may as well be bad all day. I do understand how younfeelmand I wish you all the luck in the world.xx

Aw thanks blonde8! glad I'm not the only one, are you following slimming world/another diet just now? I binged again late last night, think it might have been partly due to hormones though. I think I'm still going to go to my slimming world meeting on wednesday and weigh-in, not sure whether to mention the binge eating as the weigher-lady might be a little surprised. Hope you're okay! xx

Last edited:
Today's food, see below

Last edited:
Amelie24 said:
Aw thanks blonde8! glad I'm not the only one, are you following slimming world/another diet just now? I binged again late last night, think it might have been partly due to hormones though. I think I'm still going to go to my slimming world meeting on wednesday and weigh-in, not sure whether to mention the binge eating as the weigher might be a little surprised. Hope you're okay! xx

I'm trying to do slimming world but just don't seem to stick to anything. The annoying this is its a brilliant diet and really does work but I just keep messing it up. Your def not alone xx

I'm trying to do slimming world but just don't seem to stick to anything. The annoying this is its a brilliant diet and really does work but I just keep messing it up. Your def not alone xx

Yeah I'm finding the same, I think it's because Slimming world really limits high sugar binge-foods. Weight watchers allows more freedom in terms of being allowed to eat high cal snacks as long you count the points for them but I think I actually want to train myself to eat in the Slimming world way as it's much healthier!

Have you tried bingeing on super free/free foods instead of binge-foods? I'm going to try to do that but it's the doughnuts and chocolate that appeal when I'm bingeing!

xx

Breakfast:
Egg on brown toast (HeXB)
Lunch:
Weight watcher's tomato soup
Wholemeal Pasta
Dinner:
Need to look up the syns:
Vegetarian toad in the hole
Carrots, potatoes, peas and mushroom gravy

Dessert:
Yorkie bar (it's a Sunday so that's allowed!)

Snack:
Wotsits

I did over-syn today buuut I didn't binge! and I'm delighted about that, fingers crossed tomorrow I will stick to Slimming world!

xxx

Back