Very Hungry Caterpillar turns butterfly! (mostly green and extra easy)

Well done that's brilliant. How many syns is ww Tom soup...I love that xx

Thank you! I think it's 3 for the soup? (they're 60 calories but I'll look it up!)

How have you been food-wise today? I've decided that I might not be able to stick to slimming world but I will eat reasonably and not binge. I'll start slimming world again as soon as i've stabilized my eating.

My day has been

Breakfast: bran flakes
Lunch: butternut squash soup with 30g melted mozzarella
Snack: crisps (9? syns)
Dinner: i think this will be quorn and veg
Pudding: victoria sponge

Ah how come you don't think you can do slimming world...is it just not for you? Good luck with which ever you choose to do Hun, they are all hard work long time but you can do it xx

Ah how come you don't think you can do slimming world...is it just not for you? Good luck with which ever you choose to do Hun, they are all hard work long time but you can do it xx

Hey,

I think I'll carry on with the slimming world plan as soon as I get my bingeing under control but I'm still going to go to meetings so that I at least maintain rather than gain!
I will try to stick to it this week! Do you weigh in at meetings or at home?

xx

Today's food

Breakfast: bran flakes with tiny amount of skimmed milk
Lunch: small amount of pasta with 45g mozzarella (HE-A)
Snack: Soup (3ish syns)
Dinner: Quorn lasagne with salad (anyone know the syns?)
Dessert: had small piece of victoria sponge (5 syns?) and will have ginger cake for dessert because mum has made it for the Jubilee! (est. 10 syns?)

xxx

Today's food

B:
Black coffee and an orange
L: Wholemeal spaghetti with 25g mature cheddar (HE-A)
Snack: Strawberries
D: Quorn lasagne with salad (there will be some syns in the lasagne but there's no point in me working them out and feeling bad!)
Syns: a Yorkie (15 syns)
I might have some more strawberries or a banana if I get peckish or a piece of wholemeal toast if I'm desperate (HE-B)

xx

Last edited:
So far today...
Extra Easy

Breakfast:
A banana, an apple, a small glass of orange juice (1 syn?), and an egg fried in Fry-light

Lunch: a piece of bread (HEB) with tuna, a bowl of butternut squash soup (will need to look up syns) and a packet of Wotsits (6 syns)

Dinner: tbc

For my HEA I'll have a glass of skimmed milk and I need to eat at least 1 more portion of fruit/veg for my 5 a day.

I'm trying to replace my constant snacking with cups of tea or coffee but need to start using sweetener instead of sugar- does anyone know of a good sweetener? xx

I always have candarel and find that hasnt got that funny after taste. Splenda and hermasetas are horrid. I actually prefere sweetner now to sugar x

I always have candarel and find that hasnt got that funny after taste. Splenda and hermasetas are horrid. I actually prefere sweetner now to sugar x

Thanks! I'll buy some today! how's your slimming world week going?

Today's Extra Easy food:

Breakfast:
Egg on wholemeal toast (HE-B)
Jog for 45 mins

Lunch: Tuna & sweetcorn pasta (not sure of syns but used a tiny amount of extra light mayo)
Butternut squash soup
A banana
A glass of skimmed milk (HE-A)

Snack: Mars ice cream (7 syns)

Dinner: Cooked breakfast: 2 medium eggs, mushrooms, cooked tomatoes, a hash brown, facon (quorn bacon), veggie sausage, baked beans

Dessert: Curly wurly (6 syns)

Snack: Strawberries

xx

Last edited:

I'm trying to replace my constant snacking with cups of tea or coffee but need to start using sweetener instead of sugar- does anyone know of a good sweetener? xx

I use half sugar as I find it helps when I need a lift with my sugar levels, I don't snack as much. I do use sweetener 90% of time and use Sainsbury's or supermarket own brand is fine for me. I do if I have not got time or forget to get it in buy from local shop candrel and that is fine as well.

Ooh i might buy some half-sugar, didn't think of that. I bought candarel yesterday and it does taste quite sugar like, although a little bit less strong maybe.

How's your week going?

My food today:

Breakfast:
Same old!: wholemeal bread (HE-B) with an egg fried in frylight

Lunch:
A tiny piece of french stick (not sure of the syns?) with 1 slice of turkey
Butternut squash soup

Dinner:

Roast chicken with lots of veg

Dessert:
It's my wee Granny's 87th birthday so I'm making her a birthday cake and will have to stop myself eating too much!! I love cake!

Also good news is my weight seems to be going back down!! (don't want to jinx it but I'm happy :)

Hope everyone else's Slimming weeks are going well! xxx

How's your week going?

My week has been terrible, started off with voliate vommitting and diargrea as we all hubby and baby contracted a tummy bunny. Toook a few days to completely recover and the last two days I have been awful with binging. Ate half as block of cheese, four slices of bread, chocolate, pringles, I feel so yukky. But got to get out of this cycle or it could cause potential damage. Glad to see your working on your diet, best way really, we will get there in the end. I hope you have a lose, fingers crossed - I lost 1.5 today but I tjhink that is due to illness rather then anything else,haha!!!

My week has been terrible, started off with voliate vommitting and diargrea as we all hubby and baby contracted a tummy bunny. Toook a few days to completely recover and the last two days I have been awful with binging. Ate half as block of cheese, four slices of bread, chocolate, pringles, I feel so yukky. But got to get out of this cycle or it could cause potential damage. Glad to see your working on your diet, best way really, we will get there in the end. I hope you have a lose, fingers crossed - I lost 1.5 today but I tjhink that is due to illness rather then anything else,haha!!!

Ah congratulations on the loss! that sounds like a really horrible week though! I can't bare throwing up, hope you're feeling completely better now (& your hubby and baba). I think it's quite usual to eat a bit more after a virus, maybe your body needed some nutrients (probs not the pringles lol!). I'd be amazingly happy if I could lose this week but my last official weigh in was a fortnight ago at group and I put on loads and then lost most of it, so I'm probs half a pound heavier than I was at last weigh in!

I accidentally kept 'testing' the icing while making my Gran's birthday cake yesterday and also had 2 curly wurlys in the end! Things have been a bit stressful at home so i'll blame that!

Today's food

Breakfast:
a banana and coffee with candarel

Lunch: A small portion of wholemeal pasta with 25g cheddar (from HE-A)
Bowl of carrot soup
Egg fried in frylight

Snack: A curly wurly (6 syns)

Dinner: tbc

Exercise: jog (30 mins), probably walk 35 mins

aww thanks! :) I feel better about things because normally I put on lots of weight very quickly and then can't get rid of it!

Today is a green day!

Breakfast: Egg on wholemeal toast (green HE-B)

Jog: 40 mins

Lunch: Tuna (green HE-B) with couscous
Free soup
A banana
An orange

Snack: skimmed milk (green HE-A)

Slimmer's binge dinner!: Wholemeal spaghetti with med vegetable sauce and 30g cheese (green HE-A)
sweetcorn, sweet potato and 3 potato wedges

Syns:
Mars ice cream (6.5), piece of cake (5-7 syns?)

xxx

Last edited:
I think I have a selective memory because I forgot to include the chocolate mousse (3.5) and bag of wotsits (6?) I ate yesterday! I had a very difficult day yesterday.

Anyway today is another green day:

Breakfast:
a glass of orange juice (what are the syns in this?) and an egg

Lunch: Butternut squash soup followed by 1 apple, 1 orange, some grapes and a glass of skimmed milk (HE-A)

Snack: a chocolate mousse (3.5 syns) and a coffee with candarel

Dinner: Fish fingers (green HE-B x 2: 1 for fish, 1 for breadcrumbs) with couscous, peas, sweetcorn and a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce (not sure of syns?!)

Dessert: a banana, a mars ice cream (6.5 syns)

And I found out our scales are not working!! I weighed myself 3x in a row and the pounds went up and down! So now I feel worried that I may have gained for weigh-in tomorrow especially with being a little 'relaxed' with my synage!

Fruit & veg: 8
Exercise: 30 min jog, walk for 30 mins this evening hopefully
Syns: 10 and extra for orange juice and sweet chilli sauce

xx
xxx

Last edited:
I feel more motivated to start really sticking to S.W. now! I've also accidentally bought a medium size blue summer dress rather than a large one, so I have to stop the bingeing from now on! xx

Today: green day so two healthy extra Bs and maybe two healthy extra As.

Breakfast
: nil
Lunch: a shot of espresso with sugar
(I was too worried about putting on liquid weight before weigh in!)
Snack: 2x slimming world bars (HE-B) and a merginue (3 syns)
Dinner: chicken (HE-B) with potato wedges and baked beans
Dessert:
a curly wurly (6 syns)

I need to eat a lot of fruit and veg tonight but I did have 9 of my 5 a day (lol) yesterday!!

ps. Put on 1lb since my last weigh in a fortnight ago- my weight was 12'9 a fortnight ago, went up to 13 stone last week and is now at 12'10 so I'm happy enough with that! now to slim into my clothes! xx

Last edited:
Today will be another green day so 2x healthy extra A&B.

I think it might help if I start to do meal plans ahead of time. I am home from university at the moment and can't get in the kitchen to get breakfast because my Gran who has dementia is in there and in a bad mood! So I'm starting with two rocky road bars!

Okay so:

Breakfast: 2x Slimming world 'rocky road' cereal bars- (1 HE-B)

Lunch:
Tuna & sweetcorn on 1 piece of wholemeal bread (2nd HE-B), a glass of orange juice, an apple and an orange

Snacks:

2 x coffee with candarel
A glass of skimmed milk (Healthy extra A),
2x rocky road bars (6 syns)

Dinner: Quorn spaghetti bolognese with 25g cheddar (HE-A2), lettuce with drop of balsamic vinegar

Dessert:
strawberries, mars ice cream

That's the plan, I'll amend it as I go along!! xxx

Weighed in at 12'8 this morning and our scales weigh heavier than the ones at group- think maybe I had a lot of fruit weight from the day before when I weighed yesterday!

Last edited:
Oops I forgot to include the tuna yesterday so I had 3 Healthy extra Bs :(

Today I am doing a weight watcher's day because I can't control my syning! so I'm counting old points (60 calories per point)

Breakfast:
Egg and mushrooms toast (HE-B-1) (4 points)
Snacks:
Rocky road S.W. bars (HE-B-2) (2.5 points)
2. Glass of skimmed milk with nesquik (3 syns) (HE-A-1) (2 points)
3. Light chocolate mousse (3 syns) (1.5 points)
4. Mars ice cream (6.5 syns) (2.5 points)
5. Another 2 Rocky road bars (6 syns) (2.5 points)
6. Highlights hot chocolate (2 syns) (0.5 points)
7. A curly wurly (6 syns) (2 points)
Lunch: no syn soup (1 point)
Dinner: Spaghetti (4.5) with bolognese(1.5) and low fat cheese (1.5) and lots of salad

So today I've gone vastly over syns and eaten 26 weight watcher's points- that's 1560 calories. If I want to lose a pound this week then I have to eat a little bit less than that- about 1485 calories per day so 125 less per day. I'll make sure I eat a bit less over the next few days or maybe just won't have any syns for a few days.

Exercise:
30 min jog- in the rain, was miserable! evening stroll for about 45 mins

I'm not trying to cheat by switching to weight watchers when I oversyn but having eating issues I'm just trying to do what I can to regain control!

xx

Last edited:
Back