Very Hungry Caterpillar turns butterfly! (mostly green and extra easy)

Amelie24 said:
Okay it's a new day!

Green

Breakfast: Piece of wholemeal bread (HE-B1) with a half teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce (1ish syns) (weird I know!)
Lunch: A jacket potato with baked beans and a glass of skimmed chocolate milk (3 syns) (HE-A2)
Snack: Highlights hot chocolate (2 syns)
Snack 2: Free vegetable soup
Dinner: Pasta with sauce, cheese (HE-A2), a big salad and a small piece of garlic bread (need to look up syns)
Dessert: Strawberries

Exercise: Jog 40 mins, walk 40 mins
xx

Looks good x

As a long time binger I find that the only way that I can control those urges is not to have the temptation in the house. I do keepa pack of Curlywurlies in the freezer but then I have to go out to the shed in the garden to get one as thats where that freezer lives, this miserable weather means Iput that trip off 'until it stops raining' usually by that time the urge has gone off ;D
With three grandchildren I have to keep a 'goodie box' in but I would feel soooo guilty if I stole their treats so that keeps me on the straight and narrow there.
Its difficult when you have such an unhealthy relationship with food I know, I speak from loooong experience, you can overcome it, but support from family, friends, here, really does make a difference.

Thanks so much Sherlan! it is tricky isn't it? you do well not to eat your grandchildren's treats! I'm at my parent's house for the summer (on break from university) but I've asked my Dad to hide all the chocolate and I've been much better this week! Do you have a food diary? I'll have a look for inspiration! xxx

Hey hun your allowed a treat and you were good all day!! Xx

Thanks hun! I was quite bad on Friday in the end and ate a whole Pizza-Express pizza!

Today - Green

Brunch: Jacket potato with tuna (HE-B1), sweetcorn and salad. Free-vegetable soup.

Dinner: Roast chicken (HE-B2) with 3 dry-roast potatoes, carrots, peas and a tiny bit of bread-sauce (not sure of syns?)

Snacks:
Activia light (HE-A1) and a piece of tiffin at the cafe we went to! (15ish syns?) (accidentally as someone bought an extra slice!)

Last edited:
Oh dear, just remembered I also had a glass of orange juice, a glass of apple juice and a highlights hot chocolate so I've gone over my syns today!

Exercise: Hill walk and scramble down the rocks! (was fun)- 40 minutes
Jog: 50 minutes

Last edited:
Green day

Lunch: - Bowl of weight watcher's tomato soup (4 syns) [counts as 1 of 5 a day],
- a small slice of smoked salmon (0.5 HE-B-1),
- a fat free vanilla Activia
- a glass of nesquik with skimmed milk (3 syns)

[so far 300ish/1419 calories]

Dinner: - Home-made chicken tikka (HE-B-2) [need to work out syns for tikka coating] with
- Potato salad and mixed vegetable salad.
- Possibly a small amount of naan bread (6-8 syns)

Dessert: probably victoria sponge cake (5.5 syns)

Exercise: 20 minutes jogging and hopefully 30-40 minute walking later

I think I had too many calories today: 2040 ish, hope I still lose weight on wednesday!

Last edited:
Amelie24 said:
Green day

Lunch: - Bowl of weight watcher's tomato soup (4 syns) [counts as 1 of 5 a day],
- a small slice of smoked salmon (0.5 HE-B-1),
- a fat free vanilla Activia
- a glass of nesquik with skimmed milk (3 syns)

[so far 300ish/1419 calories]

Dinner: - Home-made chicken tikka (HE-B-2) [need to work out syns for tikka coating] with
- Potato salad and mixed vegetable salad.
- Possibly a small amount of naan bread (6-8 syns)

Dessert: probably victoria sponge cake (5.5 syns)

Exercise: 20 minutes jogging and hopefully 30-40 minute walking later

I think I had too many calories today: 2040 ish, hope I still lose weight on wednesday!

Hey chick

Sorry had a manic day yesterday went over syns too god knows what my calories were !!! :(

Hope you have a good day today I'm in work for 12 hours !!

Oh no! 12 hours sounds horrible, hope work goes okay!! I overestimated my calories and was pleased when I found out!

Today will be Extra easy:

Breakfast: Toast (HE-B) with flora and a glass of orange juice.

Lunch: A piece of smoked salmon, a tablespoon of potato salad (made with extra light mayo and reduced fat creme fraiche- hmm let's say 3 syns), and 4 thin slices of chicken.

Snacks: Two small glasses of skimmed nesquik (6 syns + healthy-extra A) and a highlights hot chocolate (2 syns)

Dinner: Starter: Weight watcher's tomato soup (4 syns)
Main course: Lemon sole in white wine & mushroom sauce with peas, sweetcorn and potato wedges

Dessert:
Piece of Victoria sponge cake (5 syns)

Exercise:
-
Morning dog walk 20 minutes
- Jog for 40 minutes
- Evening walk for 30 minutes

Today will count as a 'flexible syns day'! I accidentally ate 20 syns :p

Last edited:
Oh & it's weigh-in tomorrow! I usually eat very little before the meeting & am really hoping they'll have Hifi rocky roads again :) xx

26th June: I am craving doughuts really badly just now! luckily it's 11.30 and there are none in the house but I can't stop thinking about fooooood! :s

27th: In the end I had the crusts of a piece of wholemeal bread dipped in olive oil & balsamic vinegar and some omega 3 tablets to stop me from craving fat!

Last edited:
Wednesday: weigh-in day

Unfortunately I've got into a bad habit of barely eating on weigh-in day because I didn't eat much on the 1st wed and then didn't want to put on liquid weight at the next one. I try to have very little weight of food until weigh-in at 6pm and then come home and have a big evening meal with dessert and some snacks!

I'm also not counting the syns for my coffee and meringue this morning because I'm going to jog for at least 20 minutes which would burn those calories and I want more syns for dinner!

Green day
Breakfast: Coffee with sugar
Lunch: A meringue and some diet coke
6pm: Weigh-in
Dinner: Main course: 3 meat-free burgers (need to look up syns) with 2 buns (Healthy extra Bs - 1 & 2) with sauce (3 syns). Wedges and Salad.
Dessert: Two glasses of chocolate milkshake (Nesquik= 6 syns & milk= 2 HE-As) and a chocolate lolly (7 syns),

Snacks: - 2 x Activia 0% vanilla yoghurt (free)
- Strawberries
- A banana
- A meringue (3 syns)

1470 calories
xx

Last edited:
Aw you were good this week though so perhaps you'll lose more next week?, also if you had much fruit or fluid then that will add liquid weight- just a pint of water adds a whole pound for about an hour.

I lost a few pounds so I'm happy about that, but have had a lot of syns in the end today (19+!). As well as my two milkshakes, burgers in baps etc (with lots of ketchup!), I've had a third burger, a banana, a Thorntons chocolate lolly, 2 activia 0% and another meringue! Oh well.

Are you working tomorrow? xx

Last edited:
Plan for tomorrow - Green

Breakfast:
Cinammon French toast (HE-B-1) with a little honey. A tangerine and glass of juice (3 syns).

Lunch: Baked potato with (25g) cheese (1-HE-A) OR tuna (HE-B-2), salad and a bowl of vegetable soup (3 syns)

Potential Snacks: An apple and/or banana, an Activia 0% and glass of milk (2nd-HE-A1)

Dinner: TBC

xx

Last edited:
Amelie24 said:
Aw you were good this week though so perhaps you'll lose more next week?, also if you had much fruit or fluid then that will add liquid weight- just a pint of water adds a whole pound for about an hour.

I lost a few pounds so I'm happy about that, but have had a lot of syns in the end today (19+!). As well as my two milkshakes, burgers in baps etc (with lots of ketchup!), I've had a third burger, a banana, a Thorntons chocolate lolly, 2 activia 0% and another meringue! Oh well.

Are you working tomorrow? xx

Yeah I'm In today 12 hours 11 till 11 :(
But then I have 4 days off and im doing a charity walk on sat night 6.5 miles for the local hospice !!

Well done on your loss !!!
Write them off as weigh in treats !! Then start afresh today x

Amelie24 said:
Plan for tomorrow - Green

Breakfast: Cinammon French toast (HE-B-1) with a little honey. A tangerine and glass of juice (3 syns).

Lunch: Baked potato with (25g) cheese (1-HE-A) OR tuna (HE-B-2), salad and a bowl of vegetable soup (3 syns)

Potential Snacks: An apple and/or banana, an Activia 0% and glass of milk (2nd-HE-A1)

Dinner: TBC

xx

Mmmm looks good !!! French toast sounds scrummy

Yeah I'm In today 12 hours 11 till 11 :(
But then I have 4 days off and im doing a charity walk on sat night 6.5 miles for the local hospice !!
x

Aww poor you, hope it seems to go quickly today! The charity walk sounds fun! is it a late night one?

Thanks I'll ignore my treats yesterday lol! I haven't felt like eating until now so I think I might make Cinammon french toast into brunch instead and have a couple of pieces for my 2 healthy Bs.

Hope you have a good day xx

I make a cinnamon french toast for breakfast one day a week, I feel so decadent eating it with fresh strawbs or rasps on the side. ;D I substitute maple syrup 2syns for honey, as I prefer the taste.

Back