very impatient

A 1lb a week is really doable. Never feel hungry - no deprivation at all and it is sustainable. A pound is 2 packs of butter or THIS

1lbfat.jpg

So 2 dress sizes is doable hun and at a lb a week you'll easily be there early next year. Get out there in your swimsuit NOW, get on the beach and ENJOY your life. Do not wish it away.

I'm 56 next Sunday and just wish I could have my time over again. There are still so many things I would love to do that I now just don't have the time or youth either.

((( HUGS )))

That picture is what kept me from quitting yesterday, After my first week, i lost 1 pound. i was so dissappointed as im finding this hard, i dont eat enough as my work shifts are all over the place and all i used to do is snack on crisps or chocolate. now im limiting myself to healthier things but its taking a bit of time getting into it and finding quick food i like and can eat. After i came out of group i saw this picture and thought, "okay a pound is a good loss, its a step in the right direction!"

as for getting out in my swimsuit :eek: id rather not yet! the beach is doable in a top and leggings but not quite ready for swimsuit. atm whenever i get a day off its always rainny :( stupid weather!

I have 4 weeks left in newquay and so far i know that in the next 3 weeks me and OH dont have a day off together :( I really wanted to go to the zoo! Im praying that in the last week we will be able to!

I found the only way sw would work for me was to plan, prepare and cook my own stuff. From meals, to lunches to snacks. Just didn't work properly til I started doing this. It will click but a pound is still a pound toots! What height ru? Good luck x

thanks! im 4ft 11, good things come in little packages :D or so my mam told me :p

Short/Sweet said:
I know its stupid, but im wishing the next few years to fly by, In a perfect world I would lose the weight in a day be married and pregnant by next week.

Ive had enough of being the fat one, atm im practically too scared to go outside to the beach as i know everyone there will have beach toned bodies in skimpy bikinis. I currently reside in Newquay, Cornwall. It is the start of the summer season, students, stag dos, hen night and families flock here for the brilliant sunshine and its epic beaches. I know the beaches will be full, I know there will be nowhere to hide. Today has been my first day off in a while, yet im just staying indoors..

I wish I had the confidence to just stroll out in nice summer clothes and lie on the beach getting a tan, not have to worry about what others are thinking about me.

Also I've been broody for about a year now, I love the idea of being surrounded by my own little family, but I dont want to be a fat mum, I want to be healthy for my child, be able to run around with him/her, take them swimming etc but at this size I would not be able to.
It disheartens me to think that I will not be able to even try for a little one for at the very least another 2 years. OH wants to get married before having children and I refuse to get married until im at a better happier weight.

Why can't time go faster!? :sigh:

It's pants I know I feel your pain, after years of my EX ( this is why he's the ex) saying he won't marry me unless I loose weight I've finally decided for me to do it. After years of being the fat short one a combo of bad lifestyle, illnesses and accidents I'm now weighing in at 16.8 st yulp at 5"2 Crikey! I can't wait to get married to the man of my dreams and am so impatient to have kids but I don't want to get married look back at the photos regret what i see - a heffer!

Anyway we will get there short/sweet it may take time but it will be worth the wait! Isn't it always the skinny girls that think they are fat and don't appreciate their bodies well be able to say we love our bodies! And did all without surgery and naturally!

We can do whatever we put our minds too!! :D

Don't take this the wrong way... But no-one is interested in you, they've cone to the beach to relax/have fun/ enjoy themselves, they're simply not interested in one slightly overweight girl on the beach!
Just get out there and live a little, get a cheap 2nd mobile give work your new number and don't answer unless you want to. Mobiles can become reigns if not careful!

Hey, I really understand how you feel. But just hold the patience and soon you will go down to a weight where you feel comfortable with your body. Some people dont gain weight but eat loads of bad stuff, and their weight catches up with them. You've chosen a great, that has the potential for you to stay on weight track all your life. So chin up and soon enough you'll be joining them! What about splashing some moneyu on a lovely top a size lower to motivate you! x

Oh my word I've just read what I wrote and I didn't mean it the way It sounds, I just meant that the older I get the more I realise that people are too interested in themselves to take any notive of you!

Rings lots of bells with me! I'm getting married October 2012 and I'm currently nearly 19 stone! I'm terrified that I will look hideous in my wedding pics and that is the one day I will never get to do again! I am determined to keep going and lose weight but I am scared that I won't be able to get down to 12.5 stone by the wedding (I'm 5 foot 8 and last time I was that weight I was a size 12 which I was happy with). We also want to have babies and I'm afraid that if I don't lose the weight I won't be able to get pregnant and then even if I do it will be dangerous or I won't be able to be a good mum. So I found a picture of the wedding dress I want (isadora Marie by maggie sottero) and a picture of a cute baby and put them as my screen saver on my computer, on the fridge, in my purse! It may make me look a bit crazy but it's helping! And even though my OH thought it was a bit mental at first he's also lost weight and he's not even following the plan! He reckons it's seeing wedding pictures everywhere! Lol! Good luck.

No one looks hideous in their wedding photos. Wedding dresses are magic. Even the least photogenic of us look at least passable in them, so please don't worry about that (take it from a very unphotogenic fat bride - you will look gorgeous)

Have to say though - why would anyone wish their life away? You've no idea what experiences you would miss out on by rushing to get married & have kids. Your kids will have a much more balanced childhood if you have experiences to share with them.

Theres more to life than losing weight, getting married & having kids. See a bit of the world! Do an interesting hobby! It will boost your selfconfidence no end, making you a better mum in the long run

Oh my word I've just read what I wrote and I didn't mean it the way It sounds, I just meant that the older I get the more I realise that people are too interested in themselves to take any notive of you!
Don't panic - I understood you Shirleen!

Dont worry! I understood what you meant :p

So I found a picture of the wedding dress I want (isadora Marie by maggie sottero) and a picture of a cute baby and put them as my screen saver on my computer, on the fridge, in my purse! It may make me look a bit crazy but it's helping! And even though my OH thought it was a bit mental at first he's also lost weight and he's not even following the plan! He reckons it's seeing wedding pictures everywhere! Lol! Good luck.

Just looked at that dress and omg that is stunning! I think you'll look amazing in that and good luck with the weight loss!

You've no idea what experiences you would miss out on by rushing to get married & have kids. Your kids will have a much more balanced childhood if you have experiences to share with them.

Theres more to life than losing weight, getting married & having kids. See a bit of the world! Do an interesting hobby! It will boost your selfconfidence no end, making you a better mum in the long run

As a child my parents took me all across the world, dominican republic, eygpt, etc. That didnt really interest me, i dont do well in hot climates and dont have the money to travel anywhere atm. Im fresh out of uni with a degree in forensic science. But the degree is useless as there are no jobs in that sector due to the forensic science service being closed by the government. It feels like a waste of 3 years. all i can see in my future atm is checkouts, i feel my life would have more of a purpose if marriage and kids were involved. a few years ago i wasnt the family type, i hated children and thought id never marry a man. Now thats the future I want, and I want the future now. I wish my life away because atm its hard to get a foot in anywhere, my flat is still a student house, my job will be nonexistent in 3 weeks, my degree just is just a piece of paper with a 20 grand debt attached to it. I want to move forward to where i have my own house, my own family, and maybe a chunk of that debt taken away.

Nope, that's the type i want, the police forces from wales to cornwall aren't hiring, and the private sector hasn't picked up where the FFS left off yet.

I did a degree in politics, graduated 11 years ago - this qualifies me to do absolutely nothing - but
Provided me with some invaluable soft skills that many employers value. I earn significantly more than the average salary (& have done so for all of my time since graduating) doing a job i love for the most part as an IT sales person. Don't assume that because the obvious career path isn't available that no career path is available. Think outside the box a little.

TRICKYTREE said:
Right then lady,
I am a shortie, like you, and started my diet 26.7.11 weighing 11st 11lbs. A year later I am now 8st 11lbs. It took me 7 months to lose 3 stone, up to Feb. Have maintained since. I lost approx 1lb a week, that is all but I never felt as though I was missing out as I always have my 15 syns a day. I am now back to losing my last 11lbs as I want to be 8st, which is good for my height. It does take time as you are learning how to change your ways. In fact this is the first time in years that I have not been sweating in the warm air, can wear size 8/10 clothes and feel so much better.
I am more than happy to be your shortie buddy so we can do this together!!
The footie season starts next week and I am a Forest season ticket holder. When I reach 8st my hubby will but me the new Forest shirt so I want this asap. I treat myself when I reach my mini target.
The only thing I have found difficult about losing weight is the compliments I receive.No good at it!!
Are you ready for the journey???
Julie xx

Oh trickytree you sound exactly up my street! I'm under 5 ft and started at 12 st 2. Have got down to 11 st 2 since April. Would love to be your and impatient's buddy. My weight loss is slow and I get disheartened but I'm determined to lose the weight. Need to be healthy for my kids and would love to be a size 10 again xx

Short/Sweet said:
Dont worry! I understood what you meant :p

Just looked at that dress and omg that is stunning! I think you'll look amazing in that and good luck with the weight loss!

As a child my parents took me all across the world, dominican republic, eygpt, etc. That didnt really interest me, i dont do well in hot climates and dont have the money to travel anywhere atm. Im fresh out of uni with a degree in forensic science. But the degree is useless as there are no jobs in that sector due to the forensic science service being closed by the government. It feels like a waste of 3 years. all i can see in my future atm is checkouts, i feel my life would have more of a purpose if marriage and kids were involved. a few years ago i wasnt the family type, i hated children and thought id never marry a man. Now thats the future I want, and I want the future now. I wish my life away because atm its hard to get a foot in anywhere, my flat is still a student house, my job will be nonexistent in 3 weeks, my degree just is just a piece of paper with a 20 grand debt attached to it. I want to move forward to where i have my own house, my own family, and maybe a chunk of that debt taken away.

Oh hun, you honestly sound like you have a bit of post uni depression. When i finished uni it was horrid, i had no full time job, and had to go back to living with my parents who i fought like cat and dog with the whole time. It is a bit of a let down to know youve worked so hard for something and then you still have to jump through hoops of fire to get a good job!! Trust me when i say it will get better. I eventually got a job in a bank that was my dream job the whole time i was at uni. After nine months i hated it and quit!! Joined a temping agency to try a few different things and eventually ended up where i am now, in a similar area to what you want to get into. Even with a degree unfortunately in the public sector, you do still have to start at the bottom and work your way up, but it does happen quickly and you will get there. I know our force isnt offically hiring and is laying people off, but they are still hiring agency staff to fill some roles. Do consider this, its a foot in the door, and they always prefer people with inhouse training and experience of working for that force.

Dont rush into getting married and having kids, make sure you spend that time in your 20s enjoying yourself and your life, cos once you have kids you will never have that chance again. And you dont want to get to your 30s or 40s and feel like you missed out on your life. Im 31 and am only seriously considering kids now. I only got married two years ago, ive been with my oh since that summer i left uni!! The time in your 20s goes sooooo quickly, and even now i look back to my care free days of when i was 21 and wonder what i ever had in the world to worry about. God i sound like a right old git!!!

Back