1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Very long day ahead!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Margery Dawe, 12 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Margery Dawe

Margery Dawe Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I start college today and I have a very long day ahead and I'm worried about how I'm going to fit my lunch and dinner in.

I'm at work from 8.30am - 12.15pm. When I leave I have a 40min car and bus journey to college, so very little time to fit in lunch. I'm then at college from 1.00pm - 8.00pm, with a break in between but I don't know what facilities they have there at that time of night (a coffee shop with naughty bits I imagine) so I'm going to be STARVING!!!!!

Any ideas for good portable food, both hot and cold would be much appreciated as I have a year of doing this, so need to get something sorted.

Cheers me dears ;)
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    First of all, a new job !! That sounds so exciting, a new beginning.

Right portable SW friendly food.

First thing I would do is fill a flask with SW free soup, brilliant stuff for filling you up without syning and oh so easy to eat if it is a smooth one that can be drunk from a cup without needing a bowl and spoon. Perhaps have your ryvita allowance with it. Hard boiled eggs are another favourite free and easy to eat filler. I have to do the same every weekend and always take a salad but not the lettuce variety. I do mostly green, so I dice a roasted red pepper, dice some boiled new potatoes, mix in chopped tomato, cucumber, onion, gherkin if I want some substance I add my chicken allowance. The lot gets mixed with a tablespoonful of low cal. mayonnaise that I syn. I take yoghurt, bananas, apples and pears. Anything I can munch as time permits and that is free.

I also like cold pasta and rice so that opens up lots more options.......oh and I always take a chocolate orange options, order a black coffee and add the options........a super sweet kick for you in the coffee shop and keeps you safe from temptation.

Enjoy your first day,

hugs .
  4. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Slimming World
    I got caught in town the other day without lunch, and as my breakfast had only been a banana i was starving. I nipped into sainsbury's and grabbed some mini babybel, banana, apple, pack of ham, seafood sticks and some fridge raiders chicken bites (2.5 syns). I just wanted anything that was free or low syn so i could scoff it on the bus home!

How about some of the bars which are healthy extras too? I don't normally have them but someone should be able to help you.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.