Very Sad & Tough Emotional Day

It takes strength and courage to come on here and share this with us all.
I'm sorry you are going through this, and also Kay too.
Stay strong ladies, you are an inspiration to us all!

Kay, I really hope your mum's condition improves soon x

Thanks Doodles.

Mum is concious and talking a little today, so an improvement on yesterday but still very weak x x x

Thanks Doodles.

Mum is concious and talking a little today, so an improvement on yesterday but still very weak x x x

Sooo pleased to hear your mm is doing better Kay...am rooting for you both xx

It takes strength and courage to come on here and share this with us all.
I'm sorry you are going through this, and also Kay too.
Stay strong ladies, you are an inspiration to us all!

Kay, I really hope your mum's condition improves soon x

Thanks Doodles! Felt like an idiot writing down how I felt but I simply had to do something to stop myself from crumbling and eating pointlessly....so amazed by how caring you all are xx

I hope your mum gets better soon too teapot my thoughts are with you and your family xxx

Please don't feel like an idiot over this!

For years I've tried to deal with emotions on my own and look where that got me! Just being able to talk about things with each other helps not only you, but others on the forum deal with their own situations in a more positive way x x x

I hope your mum gets better soon too teapot my thoughts are with you and your family xxx

Thanks Kath, I really appreciate that. I'm off out to see her shortly :)

Let us know how your mum is xxx

Please don't feel like an idiot over this!

For years I've tried to deal with emotions on my own and look where that got me! Just being able to talk about things with each other helps not only you, but others on the forum deal with their own situations in a more positive way x x x

i could just hug you right now Kay....you're a real star and I truly mean that...I'm truly touched by your support...can't thank you enough...might bloody cry now lol xx

Awww bless don't cry, you'll set me off x x x

Awww bless don't cry, you'll set me off x x x

Haha it's one of those smiling cries....a good one...with a big hug of thanks and support....am actually smiling at your kindness :)xx

Mwah x Right off to see my Mum. See you in a bit x x x

i'm only seeing this post now and my heart goes out to you ladies :(

MrsF, i'm so so very sorry to hear your friend has passed away, you're fantastic to keep going at this during a very hard time in your life. it'll take a while to get over such a shock but as you discovered we're all here to support you and listen when needed x

Kay, i hope your Mum is still improving, my o/h's Mum had emphysema, its an awful condition to have, its so upsetting to see loved ones struggle and not be able to help. I bet your Mum is so so proud of what you've achieved the past few months and knowing what a lovely daughter she's raised must make her heart swell xxx

Thanks Cath

Have been sat here for a while wondering how much info to inpart :( It has become apparent in the last few days that it's unlikely my mum will be able to manage on her own without the machine pushing air into her lungs. This is making it difficult for her to drink/eat etc as the max she can do off the mask is 10 mins so far. She is sleeping a lot but is chatty when awake as the carbon dioxide levels are under control atm but the future is not looking good. My sister is coming up from London today for the weekend. Distressing time for all but having to be strong and I'm normally a limp lettuce when it comes to the emotional stuff. You guys have been great support, and reading your posts keeps me going and slightly distracted, so thank you. Keep going guys :) :)

Oh Kay :( the mask is horrible. Spend lots of time with your Mum and family this weekend. Your brothers and sisters are the only ones who truly know what you're going through x

We're always here for a distraction and to listen x x x :eek:

Absolutely second what Cath said....spend as much time as poss enjoying your mum and family.....we're here if you need us :)

Hi I know I'm the newbie but wanted to say how sorry I am to you mrs F and your loss, its always a tough and emotional time losing someone we love.
And think we are all guilty of wanting to make our selves feel better and hide in our food and drink . I'm for one always looks for comfort in a bottle of wine :-(
Well done for not giving up and send u my best wishes x
Teapot I am so sorry your mums poorly :-( so hard watching our loves battle with illness. I hope the oxygen and drugs helps and manages her condition.
My brother is only 25 years old and he has a lung disease and is under the Royal Brompton the dr say he has lungs of a 100 year old :-( I worry about him getting sick like your mum especially when I'm 11 years older than him :-( I feel like his second mother !
Sending you all my best wishes ladies x x

Thank you all ladies. Mum is a fighter and surprisingly for everyone, she was off the machine pushing air into her lungs, and onto a normal oxygen mask yesterday so she could have her glasses on and see what's going on. I know it could change again any moment, but was nice to see her holding her own x x x

Nutty, thank you and so sorry to hear about your brother. Very difficult with him being so young. Best wishes to you and to your family x x x

That's good news to hear about your mum- she's obviously very strong like her daughter :)

Both my mum and more recently my dad have emphysema so I can relate xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thinking of you and your mum Kay, your mums so lucky to have a wonderful caring daughter like you
xxxx

Back