Very silly :(

cheryl7

I ummed & aaahed over admitting just how silly I was, but think that it's worth it so that everyone can learn from my mistake...

Me and DH had a cosy night in last night & he poured me a glass of wine ('17 year's together' anniversary). I thought what harm can one do as it was already poured, drank it and I was quite tiddly so had a second. Started to feel very queasy & went to bed. Started vomiting v. early this morning and have so far vomited all day. I can't even hold water down. Add to that the absolutely banging head (I've never known anything like it and I've had my fair share of hangovers), cold sweats and shivering and I feel absolutely dreadful :(

So a lesson to us all - alcohol and Dukan really don't mix. I had a look on here this morning & found the thread about it.... I just wish I'd read it sooner :(

Hope you feel better soon - I always end any drinking night on Dukan with a couple of ibuprofen!

If only I'd managed to keep the ibuprofen down :( I've been sipping ginger beer all day, which has slowly been helping and the headache is only just starting to fade (at nearly 6pm!). I've got some plain chicken lined up for dinner.... though to be honest my body is now screaming for carbs (that used to be my hangover cure!)

Never EVER again!!!

I've been very lucky I've slipped and drank this weekend and I have no horror storys and apart from a little headache I'm fine.....everyone must react differently x

You're very lucky Sididd and yes, everyone must react differently. If there's a plus side though, I won't be tempted with a little tipple for a looooooong time! x

I think everyone must react differently. I have drunk twice on it, and I mean really binged and apart from the usual hangovers I get I was fine and went straight back onto the diet no problem. I dont reccommend it tho! If you can stick to it 100% all the time obviously that is the best way. I am having a few tonight tho, cos Im in holiday mode :)

Back