Vesta's Weightloss Journey

After reading about Paul McKenna's newest weight loss book - Hypnotic Gastric Band, I thought 'what the hell! I might as well give it a go.' It arrived the other day. It's not a particulally big book so I was able to read it all the same day. But I only managed to find the time to listen to the c.d last night. As it's half an hour long so I had to find some time to myself! It was a nice experience - very relaxing! But I didn't feel like I was in a trance or anything so I didn't think it had worked. But much to my surprise when I woke up this morning I only managed to eat half my normal breakfast, and the rest of the day has been exactly the same. I'm so impressed! Fingers crossed that it lasts!

Weigh in time! This week I have lost.... 2 and a half pounds! I'm very pleased with that. That means my next mini goal, which was to lose my first stone has now been completed. My next mini goal is to get half way to my weight loss goal. I need to lose another 4 poundsto get there.

I've amended my ticker slightly, as my stones to pounds calculation was a bit off.

What a week! Been out for several meals due to entertaining relatives who have travelled for my Grandma's funeral. Then there was the actual funeral followed by yet more food. After the funeral my other Grandma who had come, had a fall during the wake and broke her arm. Then I went away for a hen weekend. Yet more food and booze! And during the weekend one of the bridesmaids has broken her leg!

I had an early peek at the scales today. During all the chaos, food and booze I have gained. Not really surprising! But I'm back on track today! I wonder if I can shift any of it for my official weigh in tomorrow.

Weigh in day! I've gained half a pound this week. Not unexpected with all thats gone on this week. I'll just have to work extra hard over the next few weeks to make up for it! Unfortunately I have a wedding this week too. I'll just have to do what I can!

I'm really struggling. People quite literally keep putting food in front of my face and a glass of alcohol in my hand! I need to learn to tell them 'no' and stick to it. When someone buys me a drink I specifically said 'no' to when they asked, I should just leave it and sod looking ungreatful!

I put a before and during weighloss photo together. I think I can see a slight difference.

Before and during.jpg

1 pound loss this week. I'm dissapointed as I've been really good these last few weeks and the weight just isn't shifting anymore.

The good thing is that that pound takes me to the half way point in my weighloss. So I've just achieved my next mini goal. My next mini goal is to lose my second stone. 11 pounds to go!

It seems unlikely that I'm going to hit my goal weight by my goal date. My weightloss is simply too slow! I've been considering weather to change the date or not. But in the end I've decided not to. At least it gives me something to aim for. Even if I'm unlikely to achieve it!

Hi vesta!

Well done for sticking to your diet you are doing so well!
How much have you lost in total now?
I'm back now and ready x

Hi! Nice to see you back. :) And thanks. I've lost 1 stone and 5 pounds so far.

It's weigh in day today. My weight has stayed the same. Which I'm annoyed at as I've worked hard this week. Oh well, I'll just have to keep going.

Back