Vicious Cycle Only I Can Break

CharLou

Hi,

I am a PCOS Sufferer and have been trying for my second child for 4/5 Years.

Growing up, i have NEVER had a problem with my weight but since having my daughter 6 years ago I have struggled terribly...... I actually lost all of my pregnancy weight within 3-4 weeks. But its how my body changed after pregnancy, i could no longer eat the same and put on a stone almost instantly then over the years i have gradually put on another stone and half despite dieting on and off.

I think the most ive ever lost on a diet is 10 pounds and prob put double back on lol!!!

At 12st 11lb this is the heaviest i have EVER been and i absolutely hate it.... No chocolate, fast food or anything else is worth feeling the way i do right now. which is why i have chose today to change my lifestyle for good and to start feeling better about myself and then who knows i may then be blessed with another baby ....

I am going to start by cutting out carbs completley then ease onto the GI Diet which ive heard is great for PCOS Sufferers.

If anyone has any tips for me then it will be very appreciated.

Thanks for reading and i hope i didnt bore you too much

charlie x

Hi

I have PCOS too - don't really have any tips/tricks as i have never done the low gi diet (i prefer weight watchers) but just wanted to say good luck and suggest that u read the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome for Dummies book as this goes into quite alot of detail about the diet. I am currently dieting to lose weight in the hope of helping me to conceive my first baby and also 4 a hol ive got booked :)

Have u tried any fertility drugs to help you drop on at all?

Xx

No ,I have Bee. Shoved from pillar to post by doctors , fertility units and gynos.

Their argument is that I do not qualify for Fertlilty treatment through the NHS as me and my partner already have a child together. I think it's ridiculous ...

However I have an appointment booked with a private gyno on 21st aug and I'm hoping to start the clomid as I've heard loads about it. And judging by my symptoms; it seems like that's all I need to give my body a jump start.

Are you on any treatment?

C x

Iv just had all my investigations done and am back at hospital next weds for results but fink it will b clomid for me too. I have had 3 cycles before on it a few years back and hated it but if it works then itll b worth it. :)

I do fink it is bit ridiculous too that u cant get ANY treatment through NHS - i didnt fink they would fund ivf due to u already havin a child but i would av thought u couldve had clomid atleast.

Really hope the clomid works for u hun! Wen do u start it?

Xx

yes! thats if the Gyno prscribes it!! Im sooo hoping they do!!

The NHS are really stupid at times the doctor told me that if i was with a new partner i would qualify for it but it doesn't make sense as the problem lies with me so why will having a new partner change anything? Plus we are a stable family, been together for 12 years and they still said it doesn't matter. If i met someone new tomorrow and then went up there next week asking for help id basically get it weather or not i was in a stable relationship...isn't it ridiculous ??

ahhh i hope it all goes well with you. please let me know how you get on.

regards xx

Hi there, went back 2 hospital 2day n im going 2 b taking 50mg Clomid. Ther gonna monitor me 4 first cycle n if it works then iv got 6 months worth 2 go at! :)

Let me no how u get on wen u go 2 docs xx

That's brill , hope all goes well ... Let me know how ur feeling. And I'll let you know when I go xx

i have talked to a lot of people whose insulin resistance got way worse with low carb diet despite what they say. Like people who have been low carb for years and were dealing with worse problems than before. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. I cant do low carb it gave me adrenal fatigue and made my pcos symptoms flair up.

Back