Views please!!

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
I have this vision of me getting into one of those really nice smart/casual/sexy :)o) denim skirts for summer... well maybe end of summer...

I've been on the hunt and found this one...

Nautical pleat skirt at oasis-stores.com

what are ur views on me buying it in a size 12 in the hope I will get into it?!!!! I'm an 18-20 at the mo... and have come from a 26-28... :confused::confused::eek::eek: Anythings possible, rite?

I find that buying a smaller size really helps me to carry on.
I started off in tight 16's.
Then i bought the (famous) size 14's that im now wearing- getting into them finally was such a fab feeling!
I v bought s size 12 dress for a ball that im going to the beginning of May.
Even if your not in it for the summer- you will be in it!
and if im not in my dress by may- it will be worn!
I would buy it- maybe look on ebay or something and get one a bit cheaper.
or just sod it and treat urself!
i think its a really good way of reaching ur goals- but everyone uses different methods!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love that skirt Claire, it looks really cute and sassy! You'll look lovely in it! :D

Kellie=];518736 said:
I find that buying a smaller size really helps me to carry on.
I started off in tight 16's.
Then i bought the (famous) size 14's that im now wearing- getting into them finally was such a fab feeling!
I v bought s size 12 dress for a ball that im going to the beginning of May.
Even if your not in it for the summer- you will be in it!
and if im not in my dress by may- it will be worn!
I would buy it- maybe look on ebay or something and get one a bit cheaper.
or just sod it and treat urself!
i think its a really good way of reaching ur goals- but everyone uses different methods!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's £38 but I have a code thing that gets 20% off today... so it will be around £30... it can be my target... but what if I never get there :confused: No... I will get there :D

course u will get there!
look how many dress sizes you have dropped already =]
x

Kellie=];518750 said:
course u will get there!
look how many dress sizes you have dropped already =]
x

I know, but I don't EVER remember being smaller than this so kinda think its impossible :eek: (roll in the crooked thinking)... I was a size 16 at age 15 at school so I can't wait to get past that :cool:

By the way... if ur interested.. Miss size 14 ;) here is the code to get 20% off on oasis-stores.com :: Oasis - enter SPRING08 at the checkout, its valid until midnight tonight :D

hehe- thank you very much :)
xxxxxxxxx

Oooooh. Have seen very nice potential dress for wedding on there; all flowery and flouncy and lovely. Might go and try on on this afternoon and then order it off the web! (But then there's the whole which size to go for issue...)

Claire, buy it! But I know what you mean; I can't remember ever being this small (can remember being an 18 in sixth form) so imagining a slim me is fairly difficult!

BUY, BUY, BUY.....you are doing sooooo well, i have no doubt you'll get into it. x

PS skirt is lush.

Oohhh Claire... I have this skirt and it is LOVELY! It is a little above the knee so not too short - you will be fine.

Definitely go for the size 12, and look forward to swooshing around in it all summer

Leesy
xox

Oohhh Claire... I have this skirt and it is LOVELY! It is a little above the knee so not too short - you will be fine.

Definitely go for the size 12, and look forward to swooshing around in it all summer

Leesy
xox

oooooooooooh any chance u can post a pic of u in it?!?!?1 Pleeeeeeeeease!! I wanna see it on someone, and i cant go and try it on in the shop cos it don't fit!!

It's £38 but I have a code thing that gets 20% off today... so it will be around £30... it can be my target... but what if I never get there :confused: No... I will get there :D

Never say Never!!!! You go and buy it - it'll give you a visual goal to achieve. I'll bet you a caramel shake and two thai chilli soups that you'll be in it by Summer.

Claire, I love the skirt, its trendy, if ur worried about whether it will look too short against your fantastic height, just make sure u wear flat shoes. I might get one myself, hehehe, no honestly i really like it and love the indigo denim colour!:)

For you Claire? Of course! Am not home again now til next week though so will PM you with it early next week

Leesy
xox

Go for it Claire whats £30 you derserve, if you dont get in it you could sell it on ebay and you never know some peep migh pay £60 for it.:D, so its a win win situation.

The only thing that worries me is size 12 and 6' 2", I am 5' 3" and was hoping to be a 12, perhaps I have worked it out wrong cause I am useless at maths.

claire, if it is any help, I was size 18-20 when I started on 1 Nov and was comfy size 12 by the end of Jan. If you stick to the program there is no reason why you shouldn't be in a 12 for summer.
Buy and try it on every week, it will soon fit and will keep you going until it does cos each week it will get closer to fitting. I did the same with a pair of size 10 jeans, to start with it was silly, I couldn't even get them up my legs, but it wasn't long before the started getting further and further on until one day they just went on and did up.

BUY IT!

Go for it Claire whats £30 you derserve, if you dont get in it you could sell it on ebay and you never know some peep migh pay £60 for it.:D, so its a win win situation.

The only thing that worries me is size 12 and 6' 2", I am 5' 3" and was hoping to be a 12, perhaps I have worked it out wrong cause I am useless at maths.

What worries you lady??? :confused:

claire, if it is any help, I was size 18-20 when I started on 1 Nov and was comfy size 12 by the end of Jan. If you stick to the program there is no reason why you shouldn't be in a 12 for summer.
Buy and try it on every week, it will soon fit and will keep you going until it does cos each week it will get closer to fitting. I did the same with a pair of size 10 jeans, to start with it was silly, I couldn't even get them up my legs, but it wasn't long before the started getting further and further on until one day they just went on and did up.

BUY IT!

Am deffo goin 2 buy it this afternoon before the 20% discount expires!! Fankoo :) xx

Back