Vikki's diary

Day 30. Well I walked my cotton socks off at work yesterday. We had a moderate lunch service but we were very busy at night for valentines day. I was absolutely pooped at the end when I got home at 12.45am after being at work since 9 am. I forgot my packs and was feeling quite faint so popped home for 2 mins and ate a bar. Had a shake at bed time then flopped into bed! Happy valentines everyone! X

Absolutely gorgeous flowers - lucky you. And well done for closing the fridge.

Day 33. Up north with friends. LL out the window for 3 days. Trying to stay away from bread potatoes etc but eating and drinking everything else! I know that I am sabotaging my weight loss but I plan to be right back on it on sat for the week before my ski trip. So hopefully I'll undo any damage done this week next week. I'll have the 5 days off whilst skiing then back to it for that last stone when I get back. X

Day 39 went to get my blood pressure done at LL today. She said I might as well get on the scales. I said not much point as only back in abstinence a 2 days. Well blow me down. I've lost 5 lbs of the 7 I put on already. So not all doom and gloom then!

Day 40. I can't believe I've more or less been on this for 40 days! Sitting with my water. Wanting desperately to have something yummy to eat but I won't ( only cos all yummy stuff have been removed from the house)! I'll have a pack and continue reading my new book. "the snowman" by Jo nesbo. He's meant to be the next Steig larsson. And I loved his dragon tattoo books x

How are you finding The snowman? I read it last November, just before it snowed here. It made me look at snowmen very differently! I thought it had a brilliant start, dwindled a little in the middle but had a good finish (I am no book reviewer!) Something I have never been able to do is eat and read a book at the same time. The TV however, I could munch my way through a selection of goodies and not notice.. so reading is good!

Day 47 but had the last 5 days off as away skiing. Started the first day with a bar and by lunch time I was so ill I almost went home. My blood sugar was in my boots. Ate lunch and perked up no end and was able to ski on. So decided due to intense daily exercise of 6 hours skiing I'd better eat. I think I've piled half stone on in 5 days though. I may have been exercising but the vino and raclette cheese are so calorific. Any hoo had a fab time although I've twisted my knee and hubby just about broke his neck! Back to reality tomorrow! The piccie is of me after day 2. Someone said I looked like a unsophisticated Penelope pitstop! I was gubbed. ( tired). X

Attachments

• image-4035647466.jpg
    image-4035647466.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2867736148.jpg
    image-2867736148.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 63
Well they don't recommend too much exercise on LLt do they! I would of done the same! Glad you enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPhone using minimins

Weigh in tomorrow. Hoping that since I've been right back on the wagon for the last 2 days that I've done some damage limitation for my 5 days away eating and drinking. I was doing well until half hour ago but had some prawns. The carbs and cals are less than a pack but I know I shouldn't have. I counted my packs and I've got enough for 25 days! Just shows you how many I've missed by eating instead or by only having a couple a day. I'm a bit stressed as we have new neighbours. Hoping they're not going to be too noisy. 4 kids and 2 dogs! Mind you we are 3 kids a cat and a dog!! X

7/3/11 Stayed the same on sat which is fine by me. Right back on it apart from going out for tea with family. So had a night off but back to it for weigh in this sat. Need to get 8lbs off in 2 weeks to start rtm. X

8/3/11
Had pack then bar but instead of another pack for tea I had some chicken. Why do I keep doing this. I'm never gonna make my packs go down at this rate. Had 2 litres of water so far. Last day at work this week, off to dental hygienist in the morning then to meet my LL counsellor to discuss pack situation. Shes trying to motivate me for rtm by taking my extra packs back and give them to me during rtm. I am really grateful for her support as I cannot justify buying more when I have over 3 weeks worth at home. X

9/3/11. Had good day til 4pm where I had a meeting with the headmistress of the school our 2 oldest go to and the one where my 5 year old has a place in the summer. Apparently he passed his exam on an education front and his place is assured but his behaviour in his test was not favourable! He shows no empathy towards others. This has been decided as he said he hates his sister and wished she was dead in the interview. I think it's a bit harsh to be "flabberghasted" at this comment. He prob had an argument just before he went in for Christ sake. They said that if he was not more empathic and less questioning of authority the other children would pick up on this, tell their parents and he would not gain friends! My son is very confident, chatty and knows his own opinion which will self him well, he is a very cuddly boy. I'm sure a child from a quiet family would be overwhelmed with his enthusiasm at first but I hope they do not want us to suck his personality out of him. If that's the case I'll be taking him, the other 2 kids and my 30k elsewhere! Needless to say I've scoffed sweets and am going to have wine. You would think on their wages they could teach quiet and confident kids alike. :-(

12/3/11 Thats me weighed in this week, lost 5LBs and thats me officially 2 stone lighter than at the 16th January!

great loss xx

15/03/11 had weekend off LL but I am back on it. One of the ladies in my group that I get on with has texted me to say she's had enough and is not returning. It's a shame. I'll miss her and she's always a laugh. Still my journey is not finished and although I cannot stay 100% abstinent every day. Keep nibbling on protein! The scales are going down. I am determined to do rtm for the first time. Once I've mastered that then I'm going to give up smoking. Fed up being a rebel, it doesn't really get me anywhere. I'm old enough to know better. Being overweight and a smoker is not the way I want to be! X

18/3/11 and tomorrow is weigh in! I've had 3 day of cheating this week so not hopeful of a loss we will wait and see! At work until tues so hopefully all that running about will help. Thinking of starting rtm.

19/03/11. Weigh in. Week 9. Lost a lb which is ok since my blow out on thurs night. Plus to be brutally honest I've not poohed for a week so that's gotta be a couple more!! Starting rtm today. Hopefully will loose another half St on that. Working all day so doodlewoo the now!

Back