Vino Club :-)

Ponytales

Silver Member
Hiya All,

This thread is for those like me, who are trying to lose weight despite a love of wine, and who sometimes get tempted to drink more wine than is good for weight loss. @cynicalgirl @littlemissnaughty @littlemisspiggy16

Thinking we can help support each other when wine may accidentally jump into our glass when we are not looking and ruin our diet, and suggest ways of balancing the love of the grape with a healthy and slim lifestyle.

Lovers of red wine, white wine, pink wine and fizzy wine all welcome here.

My first love is red wine, but I have restricted myself to drinking wine only on Friday and Saturday nights and saving up my SW syns so I can share a bottle with my OH.

How does everyone else cope?

Great idea!

I'm a rose and fizz girl. I'm doing dry January at the moment so need all the help I can get to stop that naughty wine jumping out the fridge and into my glass.

After Dry January is over, I am planning to save my syns for either wine or martini at the weekend. I say martini because it's only about 3 syns for 50ml and then loads of diet lemonade can be added to fill a big glass :)

My SW leader loves wine too. She says SW is for real life. She lost all her weight by doing her syns weekly and having one bottle per week. She says she gave herself 70 syns per week. Knocked off the wine syns and them used the rest across the week and she is living proof you can drink wine and lose weight :)

White wine. Sigh.lol......my downfall as I just love a nice, decent bottle of chardonnay, Friday or Saturday night (or both) eek! Oh well, a girl has to enjoy life but I must keep to one night only! :rolleyes:

I'm more of a red girl, but I do occasionally like a nice crisp citrusy New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Chardonnay isn't my favourite but having said that we had some gorgeous Chardonnay at some of the wineries in Margaret River , WA.

My SW leader loves wine too. She says SW is for real life. She lost all her weight by doing her syns weekly and having one bottle per week. She says she gave herself 70 syns per week. Knocked off the wine syns and them used the rest across the week and she is living proof you can drink wine and lose weight :)

I'd never thought of doing weekly syns and taking off a weekly alcohol allowance at the start of the week. What a great idea :)

I don't think I could make dry January!!

I just console myself with the fact that one of those TV doctors said the other day that having several days a week where you don't drink is better in the long term than giving up for a set period.

Ha ha sorry - that's probably more likely to make you think sod it than help motivate you for another week or so though.

Oooh yes, I also love a good Sauv Blanc! Although I also love a bit of red, & obviously fizz as well :) So far limiting drinks to the weekend is helping me cut down, I don't feel deprived & it feels a bit more like a treat so I think I actually enjoy it more. Now I just have to work on controlling my chocolate urges, haha. Xx

Wine is the nectar of the gods made by a trick of nature. Surely that can't be bad for us lol.

I'm doing okay at limiting drinking to weekends at the moment.

CG - what about limiting yourself to one bottle a week? When it's gone, it's gone!

I failed at limiting mine to weekends last night, and already a little voice in my head is saying 'you've got leftovers, has a glass tonight' .. eep! Why can't wine be healthy and calorie free? xx
I know!!! There is actually a low calorie champagne (with the normal alcohol content) but it's super expensive :( Can't remember how much, but more than regular champagne so waaaay out my price range.

Even though you had wine your calories were still spot on. My problem is I find it difficult to stop at 1 or 2 small glasses. Plus wine usually leads to snacking on high calorie food!! X

Wine is the nectar of the gods made by a trick of nature. Surely that can't be bad for us lol.

I'm doing okay at limiting drinking to weekends at the moment.

CG - what about limiting yourself to one bottle a week? When it's gone, it's gone!
Although I think 2 bottles would be more realistic (for me at least)! X

If you can do it on plan, why not?

I managed to only have half a bottle last week by drinking G&T on Friday and sharing a bottle with OH on Saturday.

The test will come when I next go to my parents house as they drink wine like fish lol

I was properly good last night. OH was in meetings in London and had a shitty day. He texted me on the way home asking "is it wine Thursday?". I told him "No, wine is for weekends only" and we resisted the urge.

Now excuse me whilst I go and polish my halo.......:angel:

Last edited:
Back