Vino Club :-)

Oh well done, you did much better than me! It doesn't take much to sway me when it comes to wine, hehe. Yesterday I was persuaded to go for one drink....which then turned into an entire bottle....and a pizza.... oooops!! At least I'd fasted for the first half of the day! X

Oh dear, lol, this sounds like my kind of bar!! I am reading on here with a glass of wine by my elbow, having a sip now and then and thinking I shouldn't be doing this. But then, it is Friday afternoon?! What is to become of me???????? ;)

If you can't have a glass (or 6) on a Friday when can you have one? Anyway, my halo has slipped as I went out for my leaving lunch from work today and stuffed myself silly with a tandoori grill, chips and naan bread lol

Are you not celebrating at midnight on Tuesday @littlemissnaughty ?? That's what I did the two times I did Dry January... haaaaaa xx

Haha as tempting as that sounds, I'm going to be good and wait until the weekend. I have a weight target in my head that I would love to get to before I go away in 2 weeks and wine won't help that, lol!

As I noticed from the food diary section that some people (no names) are struggling to limit their wine consumption I thought maybe we could all share our tips?

Mine is to limit the wine you keep in the house. We have run our "stash" right down and I'm only buying 1 bottle of red a week, so I can only drink 1 bottle. We do have some fizzy in the fridge but I don't struggle to ignore that. If you do have a big wine stash put in in the garage or the loft so it's a pain in the neck to access.

If you drink wine in a pub, go for a g&t (slimline )instead or drive and stick to diet coke. If you must buy wine, get it by the glass or ask the bar person to keep your bottle behind the bar and then you have to go to the bar for a refill which reduces the rate of consumption :)

Who else has a handy tip?

As I noticed from the food diary section that some people (no names) are struggling to limit their wine consumption I thought maybe we could all share our tips?

Mine is to limit the wine you keep in the house. We have run our "stash" right down and I'm only buying 1 bottle of red a week, so I can only drink 1 bottle. We do have some fizzy in the fridge but I don't struggle to ignore that. If you do have a big wine stash put in in the garage or the loft so it's a pain in the neck to access.

If you drink wine in a pub, go for a g&t (slimline )instead or drive and stick to diet coke. If you must buy wine, get it by the glass or ask the bar person to keep your bottle behind the bar and then you have to go to the bar for a refill which reduces the rate of consumption :)

Who else has a handy tip?
Thanks for the tips! I'm usually ok at home, it's out where I struggle. I'm just too easily led, hehe. I should probably try the g& slimline t trick. But I much prefer wine, and as most of my friends are fellow wine drinkers I am usually swayed to join them. A couple of weeks ago I did manage to purposely drink small glasses of wine & concentrate on drinking them slowly. I naturally drink (& eat) very fast, so I need to learn to consciously slow down. Which hopefully will get better with practice!!

I'm also a bit of an emotional drinker (& eater). This weekend I was feeling really stressed so I think that was also a factor. I really need to be more aware of my feelings & how it affects my eating/drinking xx

O you horrible people, now I want wine NOW...

Yes I drink wine, my excuse is my husband in French and it wold be breaking the law not to drink it:rolleyes:.
I am not currently working so don't have to worry about getting up and doing a days work...so hangovers are acceptable.
We always have a lot of wine in the house, and a few bottles open at any one time so unfortunately for me it is just willpower that I have to help me. I will "allow" myself 4 to 6 glasses a week as appropriate and need to have at least 3 dry nights. Good French wine only in our house (I only drink water, herbal tea and French wine), red in winter, white in summer or afternoons, rose summer Sundays and bubbles whenever we need a POP;)
Week 1 I had 7, 6 for a birthday and 1 midweek
Week 2, 3 so far at a party

Wine is my struggle too....I try to limit to one glass with dinner then I keep topping the glass up with Soda water so I manage to trick my mind and get 3 glasses out of one glass of wine :D although it doesn't always work :(

Yep, sometimes our minds know when we are trying to trick them.
I am trying to be good to my liver as well as lose weight.

I had a busy day yesterday and planned on having a glass of wine last night. It was open and ready and bought during the summer form a small vineyard in France. I was out at a meeting and white wine was open and given to everyone but I was very good and had none and saved my treat for when I got home...and it was well worth the wait.

Back