Violets CD Diary x

I didnt really do the steps the first time around, as they actually dont make a great difference in terms of the nutritional biochemical ballance of the foods.

What I did was introduce food groups at the intended calorific value, so I started off experimenting with other proteins,eggs pulses, soya etc, then brought in more vegetables and soups, then grains, then finally fruit then - went baby crazy and ate as much cake as I could get my hands on :)

I think that ultimately, we ALL have the same problems here, and that is down to insulin, leptin, cortisol and a few other bits and pieces thrown in for good measure, my view is that this is about a WHOLE STEP CHANGE. I personally cant do even the tiniest bit of simple carbs, I become like gerri halliwell looking for macy d's in geroge michaels bin...it's not pretty, it also affects my mood and energy, so just begets more of the same gorging. I cant even really do grains either unless there is a whack of protien with them and I mean a cow sized serving.

I really dont think it's that great to hang about in the security of CD either because that's just us hiding from ourselves in'it? We need training, we need to stop what we did which got us in this mess in the fist place, replace some bad habbits with some good ones, get adequate rest, eat right and at the risk of sounding like a public information advert, get moving like mad lizzy.

I have decided If I can loose another stone before christmas, I will reward myself for my 35 with some galvanic facials - £400 quids worth, but I would have probably spent that on startbucks and selection boxes over the festive period anyway.

egbert said:
Blimey, your diary took a funny turn there, with naughty partys and copulating goings on! :)

How are you doing now? I am a bit worried about moving up the steps - is it really hard?

Ha ha, I'm starting to get delerious so close to thr end lol!

I wouldn't worry about the steps, but you definitely need to prepare yourself for them, no I didn't find them easy in the beginning but fine now. Its not helped by that crappy little book you get, I find its so vague and not very well written. So with a little bit of necessary improvisation its been ok.

Its difficult because I wouldn't want to give advise against the book, but I can't see how realistically you can follow it to the letter and I genuinely don't think you have to. Follow the calorie guide, yes. Follow the weeks spent at that calorie guide, yes. Follow the carb: protein: fruit/veg ratio, yes. But cook only their suggested recipes, errrr, no! I've not stuck to their fruit list for example but have stuck to low gi fruits. And as I'm no longer in ketosis, when I have a salad i make it low cal but don't stick to their salad list. And I can't/don't want to eat carbs every day, so I don't. That's not a temporary thing, just I don't eat bread or pasta and don't want rice or potatoes every day.

Is quite a big thing to get your head round though, and the biggest tmistake would be to think, cool now I can relax it a little. No not real ly, you can just follow a moe varied meal plan strictly! Saying that I have let myself have the I'd treat and it hasn't got out of hand, but that just depends on how strict you are with yourself.

Another thing I would say, is don't start moving up the steps till your close to goal. Coz you don't lose much on them which is fine as your on the road to maintenance, but them you should be at a weight you wasn't to maintain, iyswim? I think the acute is move up when youre a stone to target. I'd personally say make it half a stone!

And ive decided that now I'm on the steps ill stick to them properly rather than skip back to ss+ for a good loss week, get myself off cwp and lose my last few lbs elsewhere.

Haha look how much I've written, all stuff I wanted to write but sorry to go on and on and on lol xxx

Sapphireblue said:
i am having a similar thing of considering going back down to SS+. i can only do it for two weeks due to having to come back up for an occasion and then i might as well stay up til the new year and the post-Christmas damage assessment.

i've still got a stone to go though, i think i came up to step3 too early.

with only 1-2 lbs to go i wouldn't go back down if i were you. Sue is probably a result of going up to step4, when your body is done adjusting she should depart. i think i remember reading somewhere that the reason you're supposed to do two weeks on each higher step is that the first week you might gain but you should lose it in the second week.

plus you would have to redo the steps again properly i think or risk a bigger gain...

Cheers for the advice lovely, I've decided to stay put and hope for the best. And lo and behold sue has gone bye byes this morning :) (can you tell I have a toddler lol)

I think your right that its not worth messing about at this stage in proceedings and I can't be ars*d to do the steps again so will just continue, expect a sts thus eeeeeek and hope for a loss next!

Thanks again xx

Ps I think alot of people come up the steps too early, is say wait till youre half a stone or less to target them start the steps otherwise there's too much pressure to lose and people don't stick to it properly! Xxxxxcc

bettiesrevenge said:
I didnt really do the steps the first time around, as they actually dont make a great difference in terms of the nutritional biochemical ballance of the foods.

What I did was introduce food groups at the intended calorific value, so I started off experimenting with other proteins,eggs pulses, soya etc, then brought in more vegetables and soups, then grains, then finally fruit then - went baby crazy and ate as much cake as I could get my hands on :)

I think that ultimately, we ALL have the same problems here, and that is down to insulin, leptin, cortisol and a few other bits and pieces thrown in for good measure, my view is that this is about a WHOLE STEP CHANGE. I personally cant do even the tiniest bit of simple carbs, I become like gerri halliwell looking for macy d's in geroge michaels bin...it's not pretty, it also affects my mood and energy, so just begets more of the same gorging. I cant even really do grains either unless there is a whack of protien with them and I mean a cow sized serving.

I really dont think it's that great to hang about in the security of CD either because that's just us hiding from ourselves in'it? We need training, we need to stop what we did which got us in this mess in the fist place, replace some bad habbits with some good ones, get adequate rest, eat right and at the risk of sounding like a public information advert, get moving like mad lizzy.

I have decided If I can loose another stone before christmas, I will reward myself for my 35 with some galvanic facials - £400 quids worth, but I would have probably spent that on startbucks and selection boxes over the festive period anyway.

True dat bettie :) the steps themselves are nt well written and don't make much sense in my humber than humble opinion, what I do is stick to the calorie level and the carb : protein: veg /fruit ratio for the 2 weeks the n move up adjusting the steps as I go. Its more about replacing cd products with real food gradually whilst building up to maintaining your weight so of course the losses slow down. By the way sue left this morning ttfn :) xxx

Morning Vi, maybe sue was just a lady of the night visiting wilbert? Thank god she has left him.

I think you should totaly check out dukan cruise...(no its not an albanian ferry company) thats the style of eating best for us.

I cant wait to be 10 stone - hoping I will be there by chrimbo. Then I can have an alternative chrimbo sans chocolate of course!

Yeh ill defo check that out bettie, just not on my phone, what's it all about in brief? 10 by xmas twittwooz how many lbs to go? I'd quite like to work my way down to 10.10 by xmas then stay there forever : ) reckon that'll sit nicely on my bones xx

haha...well it's like 20lbs away - but I could do that in 5 weeks if I really want to eh? Maybe not, maybe I would have to go up the steps in a few weeks...hmph my BMI is about 26 now.

I did it, I hit target :) weighed in this morning at 11st 5 lbs exactly, at 5ft7 this makes my bmi 24.9 /healthy. I've lost 3st 5lbs in 14 weeks and have gone from a size 18 to a size 12 :)

I honestly believe I wouldn't have been able to do it without you lot,i so appreciate all your support and advice, its been epic.
Cheers y'all xxxxxxxxxx

Haha, just realised weigh in is officially tomo, thought it was Monday today!! Oh well, not changing it now :D
x

hahah can I be the first to congratualte you? Oh yes? Ok then, here it is congratulations!!!!!!!

Now, you are forbidden to run off leave us all...you must stay around, your positivity and energy will be invaluable to all those new starters...and us malingerers.

Why Thanks m'lady :)
Don't worry I will never leave mwah hahahahaha (evil laugh). Im going to change my target shortly just wanted to bask in the glory of hitting a target for a few mins 1st lol xxxxx

wow vi looking at your stats like that really puts it in perspective how much of a trouper you are...

So come on then, whats your new target?

Ok, new target is 150lbs, or 10st 10lbs. Thats 9lbs to go then!! Onwards and downwards I say xxx

hooray!

congratulation_graphics_3.gif

xxxx

what step are you going to lose the next nine on, or are you doing it a different way?

I'm not 100% sure yet, by my reckoning it'll take me 6 weeks on this step to lose the weight, so that's option a, hang out here till target then move into a new plan. Option b, finish the steps asap and move onto a new plan to lose rest of weight.

I guess ill see how I feel next week to answer that :)

Most likely I'll finish these last 3 weeks and move to a new healthy eating plan. I'm currently in favour of slimming world but that could of course change!

If I leave CWP though I don't want to leave you lot :( I don't want to be the new girl on a different forum I like it here!

well done for booting out Wilbert!

Back