Viral infection!!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Quick&Painful, 30 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Quick&Painful

Quick&Painful Full Member

Start Weight:
    0st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    0st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi all,

So I am 8 days into the CD and was doing so well. I've been feeling like I'm coming down with something for the past couple of days and it seems to have come on in full force today. I have 'diagnosed' based on my symptoms a viral infection. I can't get to my gp until tuesday and was wondering if I should come off the plan whilst I am recovering? I don't feel hungry, I just feel weak. :-(

Any advice is appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Amysperring

Amysperring Member

Keep drinking water :) hope u feel better !
    Ax

4. beckia

beckia Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi you poor thing hope ur feelng better soon if ur not feeling hungry then i would stay on track with ur diet! In my opinion staying on the shakes is best idea as they are full of vits n nutrients which will help ur body fight the infection. Maybe if ur struggling have an extra.shake at the end of the day that would just be more goodness good luck with whatever u decide to do n i hope u feel better soon x

5. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    The main thing with illness is to keep your fluid intake up......and that goes whether you are dieting or not. Believe it or not, we can survive without food for some time but not as long without water, so fluids are always important.
    I don't see any reason to eat necessarily, just because you are feeling poorly. Infact, you may well only comfort eat if you do. As someone else has said,the packets have the nutrients to sustain you.

Hope yo feel better soon though.

6. Quick&Painful

Start Weight:
    0st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    0st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks guys,

I'm gonna be very matter of fact about this, I did eat last night, I really felt awful so I had a bowl of shredded wheat with warm milk. And I felt sooooo much better, I was finally able to get some sleep.

Today I've had a ham salad roll and a much needed glass of juice.

What I haven't done and have no desire to do is binge. I couldn't possibly binge like I used to anyway, there just isn't enough space in me!

I am going to stay off plan for today and possibly tomorrow. I totally get that all the vitamins and minerals in the shakes are good, however I do feel that functioning on a mere 600 calories can't be the best of ideas. I am eating good foods, not crap. and I do feel better for it already.

Thanks again.

7. sparklychar

sparklychar Doing this for last time

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Back on Cambridge....
    I went on to 'normal' food when I was ill a few weeks ago. Don't beat yourself up about it, your body needs some help right now xx

8. Quick&Painful

Start Weight:
    0st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    0st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks Sparlky, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I am feeling so much better now that I have some food in me.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.