Viral infection!!!

Quick&Painful

Hi all,

So I am 8 days into the CD and was doing so well. I've been feeling like I'm coming down with something for the past couple of days and it seems to have come on in full force today. I have 'diagnosed' based on my symptoms a viral infection. I can't get to my gp until tuesday and was wondering if I should come off the plan whilst I am recovering? I don't feel hungry, I just feel weak. :-(

Any advice is appreciated!

Hi you poor thing hope ur feelng better soon if ur not feeling hungry then i would stay on track with ur diet! In my opinion staying on the shakes is best idea as they are full of vits n nutrients which will help ur body fight the infection. Maybe if ur struggling have an extra.shake at the end of the day that would just be more goodness good luck with whatever u decide to do n i hope u feel better soon x

The main thing with illness is to keep your fluid intake up......and that goes whether you are dieting or not. Believe it or not, we can survive without food for some time but not as long without water, so fluids are always important.
I don't see any reason to eat necessarily, just because you are feeling poorly. Infact, you may well only comfort eat if you do. As someone else has said,the packets have the nutrients to sustain you.

Hope yo feel better soon though.

Thanks guys,

I'm gonna be very matter of fact about this, I did eat last night, I really felt awful so I had a bowl of shredded wheat with warm milk. And I felt sooooo much better, I was finally able to get some sleep.

Today I've had a ham salad roll and a much needed glass of juice.

What I haven't done and have no desire to do is binge. I couldn't possibly binge like I used to anyway, there just isn't enough space in me!

I am going to stay off plan for today and possibly tomorrow. I totally get that all the vitamins and minerals in the shakes are good, however I do feel that functioning on a mere 600 calories can't be the best of ideas. I am eating good foods, not crap. and I do feel better for it already.

Thanks again.

I went on to 'normal' food when I was ill a few weeks ago. Don't beat yourself up about it, your body needs some help right now xx

Back