Visiting Mom = update

Huge posative waves comming your way BL. XXXX

sending love and prayers at such a difficult time for you and your family. Stay strong BL xx

BL...
Thinking of you! I feel for you ! Yes with your eating it goes all out of sink , but you will recover ! xx

Somehow i missed this earlier in the week. BL my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your mum.
Take care of yourself too.

Love to you BL

Still praying for your Mom and you hun.
Offered a few special ones at Church this evening. I do have a hot-line you know.
My Mum sends her wishes to you both too.:wave_cry:
xxxx

have you heard anything from her SB?
i do hope things are going ok
daisy x

No, I haven't heard anything since her post on here. I think she's due back soon for her job. I don't know if she'll be able to stay longer.
I'm sure BL knows we are all thinking of her and her Mum.

Hi

have lighted on a spot in San Francisco with internet.

I have given up on commuting into San Fran to see mom every day so have gotten a room in town - so much easier.

Thanks so much for your words, thoughts, prayers, wishes, etc.
I wish I could report it is going better, but it is not.

We were told days 10-14 after the burn are critical. That is when infection or pnumonia can rear their ugly heads - both of which elderly patients usually succumb to.

We are into that time, just. No infection, but mom does have pnumonia. :(

I see her everyday. A few seconds of the day she knows I am there. She is on Morphine, Percocet and several other drugs. And she is crying out in pain daily now- they are not able to give her pain meds always on time because her BP is dangerously low. Poor thing cannot lay comfortably - she has arthritis - if they lay her back all the way she chokes on the fluid in her lungs - if they lay her up midway - her arthritis hurts horribly- if they sit her up, the burns hurt - she cannot lay on her tummy as she cannot breathe - so she has to be sat on the burns all the time. There is no escape for her. :( She is suffering horrible horrible pain and there is nothing I can do to help her except stroke her hair and forhead, and parts of her that don;t have wires and tubes sticking out of her (and I can;t even touch her - we are wrapped in gowns and gloves and masks, I cannot even feel her hand in mine....)....and tell her I love her, and thank her for such a wonderful life. The day I was adopted by my parents, was the luckiest day of my life.

To watch a women, such as her, who has lived her life golden, given and done for all and sundry, selfless to a fault - to see her, at 92 years old have to suffer this kind of pain, and this kind of injury - with a horrible long road to recovery ahead - its just so fecking unfair that the pain and sadness I feel for her almost feels primal. Its deep and I am struggling with it.

In my 49 (for a few hours) years, tonight was the first time in my life I have ever seen her cry. 'bout ripped my heart in two. No - check - it did.

This all fecking sucks so hard, I cannot even describe it. Sorry - but I am angry at life right now.

I am torn up - and don;t want to lose her - but what is left to recover for - all this suffering, and this road to rehabilitation - at 92 - for waht fecking end????????? WHY could she just not go peacefully, after 92 years - why this!!!!?????? She does not deserve this.

I don;t want her to go - but I don;t want her to stay if all that is in her future is pain, suffering and withering away in some convalescent hospital. WHY???????????????

It is seriously doing my head in. I feel horrible. This is WAY bigger then CBT. CBT has done NOTHING to help me through this. But Ic an;t worry about that now. Will have a lot of work when i get home.

I am staying here until next Sunday. I should have arrived home today, but cannot. I just cannot go now. Dont know how I will be able to next week either. To leave all this on my brothers shoulders - ugh - it is beyone unimaginable to me....that this is how we are losing our mother. :(

Don't think I am going to be the same. Just so damn unfair. I am beyond exhausted - i feel - just sad and empty.

Anyway - thank you all. Sorry if this is garbled and makes little sense or seems angry. I am tired beyond exhaustion, and sadder then ever and angrier than angry.

Catch up again when I can.

don't know what to say except that i'm thinking about you and your mum and hoping things get better somehow.

i'm glad you are staying out there for a while - i hope work are being good with you, surely in the circumstances compassionate leave won't be a problem even after next week.

sending you many (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))
stay strong
daisy x

Life can be so cruel at times
but happy 50th birthday or as happy as it can be with all you are facing

Oh hun i can't say anything. I hope her suffering ends soon - and yours will just begin.
How can life do this to the lovely people.
I'm here when you're ready xxx

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family BL, as SB said, we are here when you are ready.

Love you lots

Jez
xx

BlondeLogic, I am new here but I couldn't read and not post. I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through, I cannot even imagine how you must be feeling. Take comfort in the fantastic life you had together.

Love to you

Thinking of you so much hun and your Mom too. I had decided not to mention it to my Mum, but it slipped out in the conversation. She asked me to send her wishes to you both xxx
Now maybe the Icelandic volcanic dust will stop you flying back here anyway?

Back