vlccd and water

deviledEgg

ive been drinking roughly 1-1.5litres a day in water, i cant bring myself to drink anymore, if i do i feel sick.
even with that number of liquid, i still seem to lose 3-5lbs a week.
my counseller suggested that i drink at least 3-4 litres a day & that the more i drink the more i lose?

this whole water issue is confusing me :confused:

I would say that really isn't enough..I would try and aim for at least 2.5.I drink around 3 at the moment but am aiming to get up to 5 in a few weeks.I find it easier if I drink from a bottle rather than a glass.I get a litre bottle and just keep taking sips all the time.Because it's a bottle it doesn't feel like I'm drinking loads.I also find water flavourings(the cd ones)help.

Sorry to butt in but just thought this might help. I'm doing LL at the moment I get up in the morning and have my 1st shake a d fill a litre bottle of water usually by time ive finished it's lunchtime then I make my soup and refill my bottle then when that's done it's usually dinner time, get my shake and fill water, drink and it's time for my bar and refill if you get my drift, I wasn't a great one for drinking water myself but I think this helps x

Starlight is right - you need the water to replace the fluid you are no longer getting from food - also to assist digestive transit (you know what I mean). Go for the little & often approach - I get on better if its bottled water - you can get it quite cheap it doesn't have to be the fancy pricey stuff - I just find it easier because I can see what I am having and also it tastes better than the hard water we have here in B

Woops! ...pressed post too early! ....than we have here in Bristol! - keep trying to have a bit more every day and you will soon be up to 3L or so a day. (by the way - black tea, coffee is ok to count towards your fluid intake as well - I love peppermint tea - but you can't have the fruit ones cos of the citric acid)

Good luck finding the best way for you.

Back