VLCD - Atkins

MummyEm

Slowly but surely!
Hey all,

Hope you can help me, I am 9 days into a TFR diet and am really struggling, I did a few months last year on Lipotrim and loved it and have managed to keep the weight off but have a bit more to loose and this time round I dont think the TFR diets are going to work for me. I have 2 very small children and have no energy and am getting snippy and so thinking of doing Atkins instead. I have some shakes left which I thought I could use for breakfast until they have gone, and im going to go buy a book today to read about the atkins diet. As im already in ketosis would I still need to do induction? Has anyone changed over from a VLCD before?

Thanks for your help guys :) x

I think you should still do induction.. you will be in ketosis from lack of calories not lack of carbs. Your shakes will also be to high in carbs to incorporate into 20g of carbs per day as per Atkins. A New You chocolate shake has 15.8g carbs per pack!!

I would suggest using yr shakes up first & then going straight into induction of 20g carbs per day. Have a look at the stickies to help you get yr head around it before yr book arrives.

There are quite a few people who have made the switch.. I'm sure they'll be around later.

Good luck. x

Hi
I have moved over, once I got to 25 bmi and about 5lbs from goal I decided to change to Atkins to get used to food again whilst still "dieting" - I am not being overly strict and am happy to maintain at the mo, will go for a push and get to goal once I feel ready to do so.
I think what ditzee has said is good advice, finish your shakes while reading up on the diet so you are well prepared and the transition should not be too hard at all.
Good luck xx

Back