Wagon Roll call....

Good to see you back. The important thing is that you've faced the problem, and can deal with it before it gets out of hand. I went awol myself and added back 13lb!. You'll be surprised what you can achieve by sticking with the plan. Within two weeks of getting back or track, I had shed over half of that 13lbs. The deal is, you've got to take control now. You will shed a good amount the first week, because you start to retain water again when you slip into old eating habits. Then you'll find that you don't have too much left to get rid of to be back were you were. It will be a pain, but you can be back on track in weeks if you get it sorted now. It sounds like you've been dealing with a range of difficulties in your life, and that you have made progress in these areas too, well done! I found that the recent gain motivated me to do some more exercise. I'm not confident enough yet to jog round my neighbourhood. but, like me, you can shut the blinds and strut your stuff to dvd's in the privacy of your own home. I mght have to wait til the kids are in bed, but I now do it. You can download plenty of free exercise vids on youtube to get you started. Give it a go, you'll feel better and will be back in control. you are still much smaller than when you started this journey x

Thank you Lexie and Purple Mum!! After reading your replies I am feeling that nudge of adrenaline that comes when you get determined. I'm going to cut out a few things that I wouldn't have gone near to while on Orlistat (butter and cheese for example!) and start up the food diary again. Love the idea of shutting the blinds for a workout (as long as I can stop the dog from trying to join in haha) Thanks again! xox :)

Roo Swims With Fish said:
Thank you Lexie and Purple Mum!! After reading your replies I am feeling that nudge of adrenaline that comes when you get determined. I'm going to cut out a few things that I wouldn't have gone near to while on Orlistat (butter and cheese for example!) and start up the food diary again. Love the idea of shutting the blinds for a workout (as long as I can stop the dog from trying to join in haha) Thanks again! xox :)

Well done, how was yesterday? Xx

Hi ya. Yesterday was fine except my sister came down and I had one bottle of beer. But I didn't eat much, so I counting it up it was well under 1000 calories and I would have aimed for 1200 in the past. Got a salad packed for lunch today which is pretty much grated carrots - no sandwich for me! :eek:) Thanks xox

Roo Swims With Fish said:
Hi ya. Yesterday was fine except my sister came down and I had one bottle of beer. But I didn't eat much, so I counting it up it was well under 1000 calories and I would have aimed for 1200 in the past. Got a salad packed for lunch today which is pretty much grated carrots - no sandwich for me! :eek:) Thanks xox

Is not go as low as 1000 honey, try 1200 x

Hiya Roo, it's really great to see you back in here. I'd agree with the others in not worrying about a lapse, it's only a small percentage of what you'd lost and you can shift it really quick. I have my lapses and in all honesty I think I always will but I think my mindset has changed now and I just get back into it again and I think that's the key cos we're all only human. good luck xx

How are all my wagon passengers getting on???? Your driver nearly bloody fell off last week lol x
holding on by my fingertips but hanging on is all i can do. lost 1lb last week and 1lb the week before. so slowly does it. really stressed with work so it is hard to keep to the straight and narrow.

You should be really proud that you are though Poppy, I have always been an emotional eater & when my stepdad was in hospital I was picking at this & that & gained weight (although possibly not cos of the scale problem) but it was scary how easy it was to slip.... Just keep on honey xx

hiya, back off my hols and feeling gutted. I was all inc for 2 weeks and basically used that as an excuse to stuff my face solid the whole time. I thought I may put a few lbs on but have got on the scales and put approx 1 stone 2lbs back on. horrified

xAlisonx said:
hiya, back off my hols and feeling gutted. I was all inc for 2 weeks and basically used that as an excuse to stuff my face solid the whole time. I thought I may put a few lbs on but have got on the scales and put approx 1 stone 2lbs back on. horrified

Aaw, never mind, get back on the straight and narrow right away and you'll probably find it drops off pretty quickly - you'd have to be really going some to have put on that much actual fat in such a short space of time, so it'll also be water retention etc. Stay strong!! xx

Aaw, never mind, get back on the straight and narrow right away and you'll probably find it drops off pretty quickly - you'd have to be really going some to have put on that much actual fat in such a short space of time, so it'll also be water retention etc. Stay strong!! xx

Thanks, funnily enough I got on the scales first thing this morning and it's now showing me as 14.9 so quite a lot less. Not sure if yesterday's weight was because I was eating all day before being weighed ( I think I weigh less in morning than in evening) or maybe affected by my totm, really not sure. I tried a few times this morning I was so surprised and it came up with 14.9 each time even after resetting the scales so I'm feeling a bit better about it all now. Still a pain to put weight back on like this though.

xAlisonx said:
Thanks, funnily enough I got on the scales first thing this morning and it's now showing me as 14.9 so quite a lot less. Not sure if yesterday's weight was because I was eating all day before being weighed ( I think I weigh less in morning than in evening) or maybe affected by my totm, really not sure. I tried a few times this morning I was so surprised and it came up with 14.9 each time even after resetting the scales so I'm feeling a bit better about it all now. Still a pain to put weight back on like this though.

I know, but it will soon come off, hopefully pretty quickly. When you think you have to eat 3,500 extra calories to put on one pound, just think how much you'd have to have eaten to actually gain a stone (or was it really that good a holiday, lol. ;) ). xx

Most people will weigh around 4 lb heavier in the evenings.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know, but it will soon come off, hopefully pretty quickly. When you think you have to eat 3,500 extra calories to put on one pound, just think how much you'd have to have eaten to actually gain a stone (or was it really that good a holiday, lol. ;) ). xx

lol oh it was good! probably drank my body weight in Pina Coladas hahaha

xAlisonx said:
lol oh it was good! probably drank my body weight in Pina Coladas hahaha

Lol, sounds great! Just relish the memories and move on, but remember you can always do it again sometime - it's important to believe that you can eat like that whenever you want to, own your choices so you don't feel deprived (i'm paraphrasing Gillian Riley from that book I've mentioned before, "Eating Less"). xx

Lol, sounds great! Just relish the memories and move on, but remember you can always do it again sometime - it's important to believe that you can eat like that whenever you want to, own your choices so you don't feel deprived (i'm paraphrasing Gillian Riley from that book I've mentioned before, "Eating Less"). xx

Thanks Tracy, that makes a lot of sense, I'll have to get that book, I keep meaning to look for it. I know I'd never cope if I didn't think I could ever have a blow out occasionally which is bad I know but I guess it's just me, I think food will always mean a lot to me...

xAlisonx said:
Tracy, book now on order! :)

Well I hope it makes as much sense to you as it has to me - what she says is all so obvious really, but seeing it in black and white is very helpful, I think. xx

Back