Waiting for Ketosis

Hi all!

I've just started slim and save today. Had a strawberry milkshake for breakfast and have drank 1 litre of water so far.

Its been inspirational reading all of your blogs re your experiences and its given me hope! :D

I am currently feeling a little bit pants. I have a bit of a muggy head and am feeling hungry but I'm still drinking water.

I have chocolate trufffle bar for lunch, cottage pie for tea and a banana milkshake for supper.

I've already banded all my meals/bars/shakes into 28 days worth so I havent got to try and sort through them in the morning when I'm competing with a hungry cat who wants her food!

The strawberry one was really nice. I'm hoping the chocolate truffle bar will be as lovely as it sounds.

I've bought lettuce peppers cucumber spinach and broccoli for the meals. I've also bought a coke zero as a treat with my tea.

I'm just waiting for ketosis to kick in. I know it will but I wish it would hurry! :(

If anyone has any good tips or advice I would love to hear. I'm trying to keep myself busy.

Hi,

I am on day 9 now, I have lost around 8.5 pounds so far, with 7.5 at my first weigh in. Having everything planned is a good idea, I am so rubbish at sticking to diets, but like Bordersgirl, I am finding this one to be ok. I can't believe I am already on day 9, I'd say it took me 5 days to get into ketosis, I had a pretty bad week along with scotbean. We both suffered migraines, nausea, dizziness, manic hunger and tummy upsets, but we got through it and now I am pleased to say I feel good.

It would be a lie to say that the first week is smooth sailing, it isn't but it does get better, and I am so shocked about how I feel now compared to last week. Come on here when you feel down, hungry, tempted or a bit poorly, there are lots of people who will cheer you up and make you realise you're not a lone. xxx

TaraT is right Iwannab! Stick with it. Some of us go through hell and back, for others, it's easier but like Tara said, once you are in ketosis you forget most of the bad stuff and just knowing that you are lighter each day.

Last edited:
Hiya x glad you joined us, I'm on day 5 and this site really helps as everyone supports you when you need it most x

Do stick with x I feel so much better just 5 days in and ketosis really has begun for me x fist shake at 830am cottage pie pack at 5pm!!!! Gosh where did the day go???? I didn't even spend all day thinking about food cos I know what I'm can have and that it's there when I want it x once the brats are in bed I will be having a caramel shake as I snuggle up with my hubby to be ?

You will get there x and we are here for you x

Thanks all. I do feel a bit more human now after having the cottage pie with broccoli. I even treated myself with a glass of coke zero with my tea.

Got a banana shake ready for about 8 ish.

I feel more like I can manage it now after getting through day 1.

You guys are brilliant thank you. I really feel like I can do this!

Glad it's going ok wannab. Yes it's hard and no one is going to lie to you and say it isn't, but it's easy to shift the weight like this and that's why we're all here. And what I always say to new starters - "don't crack, just have an extra pack". Much better to have an additional mealpack than go off plan. Good luck for tomorrow xx

Thanks BG I must admit I read through all the blogs before I started. I prepared myself as much as I could and I warned my husband. Think that's why I haven't seen much of him today. (o:

Hello! I'm on day 8, good to see new faces. I feel like an old hand now!

Ketosis is odd, I was waiting and waiting then I realised I must be in it as I wasn't feeling hungry. I low-carbed for a couple of days with my sample pack before starting and luckily I didn't get the headaches or nausea others have reported- I don't know if that was why though!

Good luck for the first week, once you see your losses it'll all seem worthwhile!

oooooo .... that def sounds like it's starting for you :)

it a great feeling, ive been singing around the house as i feel sooooo much better in myself and my tummy feels tighter and not hungry at all!!!!! usually woofed down breakfast and some extra biscuits at work by now!!

well done you x stick with it hun x

oh my goodness how nice is the crispy vanilla milkshake. Had that this morning.

Just about to have the muesli bar for lunch. Haven't been hungry all morning either, which is a bonus!

oh my goodness how nice is the crispy vanilla milkshake. Had that this morning.

Just about to have the muesli bar for lunch. Haven't been hungry all morning either, which is a bonus!

There will be tough times and times when you feel hungry IW but when I feel like that, I pop on to this board and see that others are feeling the same way and coping with it. I think we all find our emergency fixes, this is one of mine along with glugging more water and as BG says, if all else fails, "Don't Crack, have another pack"! :D

Thanks Giza. Its good to know that we're all going through this together.

This site is so useful!

I did weigh myself this morning which I know I shouldn't as I should only weigh once a week but this morning I was down to 13 stone 12. I can't wait for Sunday.

I weigh every morning IW and a lot of the time I don't move at all. But I know I'm lighter, well - that I've burnt off fat the previous day, so a move is just a plus, not the be all. I might not be saying that when close to goal, but for now it doesn't rattle me if the scales don't shift, I've lost, whether it shows up yet or not, if I've stayed 100%.

1 pound off this morning. I've lost 4 pounds since Sunday. Got bit of heartburn this morning but no hunger pangs.

Had the crispy shake this morning. So nice.

Booked yesterday and today off work in case I found the diet difficult to get into. I'm back to work tomorrow so figured shake for brekkie and bar for lunch.

How does everyone get on at work doing the diet?

I'm finding it the same on work days as weekends. I live alone so no kids or partner around me at the weekend, so I can do my own thing with no nagging, temptations or anything. But I work, while I do have to cook for the kids (I'm a nanny) I find I keep so busy in the day that I don't dwell on food. Having a bar while I cook the kids' tea certainly helps!

Well done on the weightloss!

How does everyone get on at work doing the diet?

I have a porridge or shake before work (I start the day at 7.30 am and am home by 2.30pm) a bar about 10am and a soup and then another shake around 2.30 and 6.30 pm. It is easier to have the bar at work; no prep or strange soupy/shakey smells!

Back