Waitrose meat treats

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
Hi all

Bought some yummy low carb meat stuff from Waitrose today -

- Waitrose german salami - trace per 100g
- Unearthed italian salami milano - ditto
- German bockwurst sausage - less than 1g carb per 100g

i've already eaten the german salami - very nice :)

How does one cook bockwurst?

Susie

Sounds lovely!

Lidl always have those kinds of meats but prolly at a fraction of the price, have you tried there?

You simmer them Susie, don't let them come to the boil or the skins will split, just boil the water, let it come off the boil and then put the bockwurst in until you think they are warmed right through. They are already cooked so you don't need to worry about them being cooked enough, just hot enough. Does that make sense? Lovely with a drop of mustard. Yum Yum

ooh they sound nice :) cant you just nuke them?

They are nice Vicky, but nuking them splits the skins as well.

ah so you have tried? i might have to nip to lidl sometime (dont have a waitrose round here)

yes I have love, even doing them low heat splits them, it's easier just to heat up a pan of water.

I just tried the bockhurst Jim style - very nice - but are the skins supposed to be a bit chewy? I left them in the pan for at least 10 mins...

Also, Jim - when you were on induction, what did you snack on?

Susie

I just tried the bockhurst Jim style - very nice - but are the skins supposed to be a bit chewy? I left them in the pan for at least 10 mins...

Also, Jim - when you were on induction, what did you snack on?

Susie

Hiya!! Are you on induction?? Ive just started atkins 1st day! :)

Hiya

I've been on induction since August - got a lot to lose so thought I'd keep it simple (as Jim would say) for a while :)

Try things like cheese and cream out - but you will soon know if they stop you losing weight (as I have done). And read all the stickies at the top - they really are so informative - but when in doubt, ask away!

Susie

Hiya

I've been on induction since August - got a lot to lose so thought I'd keep it simple (as Jim would say) for a while :)

Any reason why you havent moved on to OWL? By moving onto OWL it doesnt slow weight loss but it become more interesting adding new foods:)

That's brill, esp if you're enojying the food:)

I can't do with out me nuts and berries:)

Thx Zim - your post got me thinking about carb contents - and I realised red wine was a massive culprit!

So am going to cut wine out completely, keep cheese in and do a close carb content for a week or so and see how I get on at 20 carbs.

So, many thanks for the prompt hun :)

Susie

Wha?? Cut out wine completely?? What are you planning to replace it with Suze? :eek:

Some spirits have zero carbs; vodka, whiskey, gin , rum.

My tipple is whiskey :)

oh g and t or vodka and t will be my tipple this weekend. although having vino tonight :D

Back