Wales Daily Diary...

Nothing yet, but going to the auction tomorrow, so more hopeful about that :)

Weight up again by 1lb this morning, but my weight didn't creep up as far as it usually does during the day yesterday.

OH and I finished off some grapes from the fridge yesterday (over and above my allocation) and I need to work on portion size as I don't think I worked out correctly how much fish pie I could have once everything was mixed together. But my portion was certainly nowhere near as huge as it would have been previously, and I really enjoyed it.

Hope everyone has a good day, hoping for a nice gentle day at work and for the rain to stay away...

Today
Early morning weight - 12st 5lb (+1lb)
Breakfast - porridge (done)
Mid Morning - choc shake
Lunch - tuna, 100g potato & salad
Snack - small apple
Tea - turkey, 100g potato & salad
Supper - choc shake and milk

I'm up a bit this morning, but it's all eventually going in the right direction!

Have a good day Wales x

Good-ish day, cooked OH Swedish meatballs for first time and he has a real problem with spicy food so I tasted a little to make sure it wasn't spicy and it was delicious, so I ended up having a few with a bit of pasta sauce and that was after my salad dinner :( I have been picky these last few days and have had to be so conscious about everything going anywhere near my mouth but these slipped through.

I also realised today, whilst filling in my food diary at lunchtime, that the reason I have never stuck at completing one before is that it took so long to write everything down - at least with this it is a shorter list and in the main I don't feel guilty or ashamed of what I am writing down.

Hope everyone had a good day. I have a choc mousse chilling in the fridge which I am looking forward to. And tomorrow is another day, weigh in day, but another day...

Hey Wales, if that's the only slip hun I wouldn't worry too much. It's easy to let it happen, but you'd have to be superhuman to not be hugely tempted if you are tasting food for someone else.

Enjoy your choc mousse and don't worry about the meatballs :) xxx

A belated welcome to the forum, wow what an excellent weight loss and what a great reason to lose weight for good.... good luck with your IVF journey.... I also have the same problem with portion sizes, everyone in my family has to eat healthily now and so we all eat together, its just that I take a small portion and then go back for seconds... I am desperately trying to not go for the seconds...... Your menu plans sound sound good too.... keep up the good work.

Hey wales - have you seen KD's post re what is normal eating? It was a great extract she got from a book and even normal people go off on tangents sometimes. I know being on the plan, it feels right to stick to the plan but it gets scary if you have two days in a row where you eat things off plan because there's a fear you are going to spin out of control again. I know that feeling :)

Hey wales - have you seen KD's post re what is normal eating?

Thanks Laura - I have scan read that but I do have a long list of KDs posts that I want to read, I need to give myself some quiet time with the laptop and go through them - there is always usually something else going on in the living room when I log on!

A belated welcome to the forum

Thanks Greeneyes, and thanks for your lovely comments. I have read through your diary and can only say, wow, you must have a very busy house! And you have done so well on this diet and look fab! I also read with interest about the cakes you make. I love baking. I can't wait to be comfortable to make a cheesecake again and then not eat it all ;)

Up late so no porridge for breakfast, just fruit at work. Had extras from salad bar but tasted good, mind you had forgotten how bad value salad items from the canteen are - have only bought hot water for peppermint tea for the last 5 months!

Weigh in day today - must be about 20 days since last official weigh in. I will be happy with a STS, but I might be up a lb or two.

Unsure if this will affect it but have had cystitis since middle of last week. Took some meds and it went away then came back Mon so back on meds and it has gone again today. I don't want to go on antibs as only just finished a course for a lurvely boil I had on my face. If it comes back after this course I will have to go to the docs though. I have only ever had it twice before in my life and I don't like it :( Of course the guy in the Pharmacy asked if I was drinking plenty of water, I just smiled and nodded - if only he knew!

Does anyone know if the meds can affect water retention or anything like that?

Apart from that, and a sniffly nose, all is good. Hope everyone is having a chilled evening. I am off for my final wee before weigh in x

Today
Early morning weight - 12st 5lb 79.2 kilo
Breakfast - small apple & med banana (done)
Mid Morning - choc shake (done)
Lunch - 125g low fat cottage cheese, 100g potato & salad (+ items from work salad bar, spoon sweetcorn, grated carrot, red onion, small mushroom, v. small portion coleslaw) (done)
Snack - small apple
Tea - 1/2 portion turkey, 100g potato & salad
Supper - CD Bar (yay) & milk

Good luck for the WI Wales. Sorry to hear about the cystitis, it's not pleasant, so I hope that clears up. Not nice after the boil experience!

Your food sounds lovely :) Let us know how your WI goes xxx

Well, official weigh in after 20 days is 2lbs, but I had updated my stats last week with a 1lb loss after weighing in at Boots, so I have added another 1lb loss to my total. Only 3lbs to go to six stone gone forever - woo hoo :D

But, once the little blighters are in the house they are such a temptation - I had an extra bar this evening :( Am annoyed with myself, especially after my CDC and I spoke about rewarding yourself after weigh in, I have never done this (before). Sometimes I say that I think one thing and then go and do the opposite just to be contrary.

Well off to bed shortly with lots of water and a book and time to think. X

Well done on your weigh in and weight loss...nearly 6 stone!!
Don't be too hard on yourself, it could have been worse than having an extra bar, lovely x

Well done on your WI hunnie!!! That's great especially going up the stages. 6 stones is amazing. :)

Well, official weigh in after 20 days is 2lbs, but I had updated my stats last week with a 1lb loss after weighing in at Boots, so I have added another 1lb loss to my total. Only 3lbs to go to six stone gone forever - woo hoo :D

But, once the little blighters are in the house they are such a temptation - I had an extra bar this evening :( Am annoyed with myself, especially after my CDC and I spoke about rewarding yourself after weigh in, I have never done this (before). Sometimes I say that I think one thing and then go and do the opposite just to be contrary.

Well off to bed shortly with lots of water and a book and time to think. X

You are doing so well with your weight loss. Congrats :) Go and try and pick up 6 stone of something to bring that home! Isn't it 'funny' almost how we say something and then go and do the exact opposite? What's with that? You aren't alone there but keep things in perspective okay? x

Thanks for comments everyone. Am logged on at work via iPhone so typing is slow! This morning was a struggle too and had totally off plan pita, but was wholemeal and will use it as todays carb allowance. Was just thinking what I could nibble on from the canteen but filled upy water bottle and snuck on here instead. Will go and get hot water for tea, have my tetra and cottage cheese and get on with some work. Your comments have really helped put things in perspective and as usual feel much calmer after reading advice! Hope everyone is having a good day x

Hello diary, no real update yesterday and am going to draw a line under it, save to say I have had my trigger points highlighted. I don't know if I was testing myself yesterday as today I do feel better, although not able to stick to the plan I set myself this morning but am still within the 1000 plan. I think I am going to hold off ordering any more bars as they trigger binge thinking/ eating. Well, I trigger the feelings just by looking at the bars!!!

I think TOTM is coming a few days early, or I am going to have a long run in. Cystitis hasn't really cleared up fully. I am also full of a head cold - runny nose, hot face and face ache from a headache. Plus an all day meeting at work, freaking yada yada yada from 9am to 4pm. I left straight after and came home. Funnily enough I do feel slightly better ;)

I lurked yesterday and read diaries but don't think I took that much in so off to read again!

Today
Early morning weight - 12st 7lb
Breakfast - CD shake, small apple (done)
Lunch - CD Bar, 125g low fat cottage cheese (done)
Snack - small apple
Tea - don't know yet prob pasta and tuna
Supper - milk

Thought I would call in and say hiya... you have done SO well Wales, what a star!

xxx

Back