Wales Daily Diary...

More hugs honey, that sounds rotten, but at least you have a reason for it and some meds to help make you better. Snuggle up and take it easy...

xxx

oh hun sorry to hear that your poorly!
We can be sick-bed-buddies as i'm still ruddy ill! Fed up! :(

Well done on getting to your goal and having a lovely ticker that says 0lbs to go! Wonderful news and you should be VERY proud of yourself!
get well soon hun

xx

Hey hunnie, not been on for a while and catching up with you first. So sorry to hear about this happening. You've been through the mill with these infections and having to be on antibiotics. Am sending you big hugs.

Know how scary it can be, so you take it easy for a while. Health is more important than weight loss, as we've said before on our challenge :) You've done so fantastically well and you're well on your way to IVF.

I too am moving away from CD and more towards just sticking to calories and exercising. You'll be absolutely fine and - you got to goal!!! much love xxx

Hi honey just catching up on diarys have been awol for a few days because feeling crappy (drug related!!!) hope your feeling better today its so horrible feeling ill but better now than when you start your IVF so it wont be affected. Take care and get well soon xxxx

Just realised how wrong that sounds to anyone who doesnt know im going through IVF too lol xxxx

Last edited:
Hey hunnie, how are you feeling today? Hope you're feeling a little better. How's things going with the diet? xxx

Thanks all for all your lovely comments and thoughts. Phew - these have been a tough few days, I have not been that ill for a long time. Tuesday was particularly horrible with temps around 41 c for most of the day, god that is hot! But, feeling much brighter today, just takes time for the medicine to work I guess, also I usually just bounce back in 24 hours from most things so this seems like an age. I am going back to work tomorrow, even if just for half a day. I can't face going in on Monday morning to a huge inbox.

Diet is going ok - making some good choices though not following a plan at the moment - just lots of porridge, baked beans, and oh my god a Wispa! I am pleased in the main with my portion control, and I have controlled my usual triggers of boredom and it being lunchtime so I should eat etc. I am around the same weight this week. Also probably TMI :rolleyes: but going to the loo has become a more normal experience. I have just found a Low GI cookbook on the shelf which I am going to take a look at and see what receipes I can use alongside some of the 1500 meals. I am seeing my CDC a week on Tuesday so see where I go from here.

Had a letter from the central Leeds clinic confirming they are moving our treatment to Jimmys, but no letter from Jimmys giving us any details. I know it's coming but can't really plan until we know. But I am happy with the weight I am at the moment and if I can drop another half stone in the next 6 weeks I be thrilled.

Just off to catch up on other diaries, I have lurked a little and posted here and there but couldn't really focus more than 10 mins on the screen!

Whoa, that sounds awful... no wonder you've been lying low, hon! Hope you are feeling much better now. Sounds very exciting about Jimmys!

xxx

Aww hunnie, sounds like you've been really rough - you should be sleeping and forgetting about work! Know what you mean though, as I went in today and didn't fancy it.

Hope you feel a little improved by tomorrow if you do go in. Well done on making the good choices and portion control is key to getting on track. Hope the Wispa was nice - can remember when I started seeing them back in the shops! Took me back to my youth :)

Let me know how it goes on low G.I. as I want to do everything to keep my sugar levels stable when I get back. Interesting that you're going more...I find it harder to go since I've started eating. Was quite watery (sorry TMI!) when on SS for me. Have been having to take lactulose. So I'm pleased you're moving lol :)

Fingers crossed you'll hear from Jimmys soon - why have they done that then? Did they say? xxx

Thanks ladies...

I don't mind too much about work tomorrow, casual dress and an early finish - I can deal with that.

Leeds IVF clinic has two separate clinics - LGI and Jimmys. We were under LGI. In Jan 2010 they are to open a merged unit at a smaller hospital just out of town so they are reducing cases at LGI, transferring NHS cases to Jimmys. So we will transfer to Jimmys and get treated in the next couple of months (fingers crossed)

Jimmys is much closer to my work so will be easier for appointments. It is hard for OH to get out of work during the day, he just changes his shifts around if he needs to be at an appointment. And some of the check up scans etc he doesn't need to be at. Have a lovely friend at work who has offered to come with me to those appointments!

That's handy then for appointments and good that someone will be going with you too.

I never normally mind Fridays too much - it's nice to wear casuals, especially now that I have a better choice of clothes.

Can't believe we're coming to the end of the pirate challenge! Seems like such a long time ago that we started that. Even though I've not got to goal I feel like I'm much more content. We've both lost lots of inches too! :)

Wales, thanks for lovely post on my thread... big hugs. Sounds like Jimmy's is way the best option for you, it's so exciting... am hoping by next year we will have some minis babes with the ivf thing! That would be so cool.

xxx

Hey Wales....
Sorry to hear you have been feeling so poorly..... I hope you are feeling much better now.....
How lovely that your friend from work has offered to go with you for your appoitments... Its always good to have someone with you..
Take care hon and big hugs x

Wales, thanks for lovely post on my thread... big hugs. Sounds like Jimmy's is way the best option for you, it's so exciting... am hoping by next year we will have some minis babes with the ivf thing! That would be so cool.

xxx

That would be fab hearing about it all!

hope you feel better soon hun! I've been off work for nearly 2 weeks now, and have another 2 weeks signed off...i feel poop but thankfully i can access m emails from home to keep on top of them!

Very good news re the ivf! Hope all goes well at Jimmys hun!

i have a fair amount of low GI cook books so let me know if you need any! there are also some good websites for recipes too which i have been checking out....might be worth a google.

get well soon hun and well doone for not comfort eating :D

xx

Hope your feeling better today and work not too bad. Will be good when you hear from Jimmys, if your anything like me I hated not knowing what was happening, is much better when your given a 'plan' and dates to work towards. Good luck with it and hope they are in touch soon. If you have any questions honey you know where I am xxxx

Evening all, and thanks for checking in on me.

Went into work from 9 until 1.30, felt knackered by the end of it. Just got through my emails and did a bit of work for my Manager and then they sent me home. Feel much better for getting that cleared before Monday. Came home and a snooze on the sofa - I am getting quite good at that ;)

Not been too strict on food still today, but just eating when hungry and stopping when full, which is partly natural and partly enforced. Also trying to ensure I am still drinking loads of water, realised that I drink far more at work than at home.

Quiet weekend, apparently there is loads of sport on TV this weekend so there is some negotiation going to take place between Strictly and Super League playoffs!

Hope everyone has a great weekend x

Hey hon..
Awww hope your ok .. At least you showed your face at work and did what you had to do.
Try and have a nice chilled out weekend.. and look after yourself.. Dont forget to have lots of fluids.
Take care hon and chin up x

Just read your dairy properly Wales and hope all goes well for you, sorry you are feeling crummy at the moment.
Fingers crossed for both you and Julie.

aw hun sorry you still feel rough! I'm impressed you made it into work! I havent been to my office for nearly 2 weeks...and have another week and a half still to run on my sick note! Damn prozac! GGRR!
take some time out hun and play the sick card tis weekend and demand that remote control!

Get better soon hun

xx

Hey Wales :) Thank you for the lovely message on my thread. Thank you for all your support as well! We've been on 2 challenges together and now maintenance and it's been lovely having you there - you're really kept me going when I've felt cr*ppy.

Hope you're feeling a bit better soon. Not sure when your hospital appointment is, but I'm bound to be away, so hope all goes well with that and I'll speak to you when I get back.

Great pic by the way - you're looking super hot!!! xxx

Back