Wales Daily Diary...

Thanks Katy and Curly. Just had the most gorgeous sandwich for lunch - turkey, bacon, avocado and lettuce in wholeweat pitta and accoring to WLR was 452 cals. It was so nice that normally I would think well, I might as well eat up the rest of the turkey I grilled and there is another rasher of bacon left and loads of avocado - BUT, knowing the calorie value before I started eating there is no way I am doing that. So perhaps having the laptop with me in the kitchen when cooking and adding in the ingredients as I go and seeing the cal value might be a winner. I halved the amount of avocado when I saw how many cals it was. And I had more than enough. Wow, maybe a little step forward here.

Not going to walk into town, have quite got into cleaning out corners of the house. The glory hole off the kitchen has been mucked out and organised, the drawers under the bed sorted and bed linen sorted and tidied up. Almost feels like ketosis buzz, but was defintely hungry for my lunch...

Hey Wales, sounds like you're feeling really positive at the moment. You might inspire me to go back onto weightlossresources, as it really works for me adding all the calories on.

Hi Wales,

All that cleaning must have wiped you out. :faint2: I had to go and lie down after I read that bit. Do hope you are ok, thanks for your lovely long post to me - so very helpful.xx

Just wanted to say hello, now i've eventually got a bit of time to catch up with people. I have to say, although i was rudely awoken at 5am, your cleaning spree is making me feel guilty- i have so much to do but can't seem to move away from minis! I know i should though, doesn't it feel good to have a good clear out? Hope you're having a good day. xx

Hey all, quick update - think today was the first day for ages that I forgot to weigh myself when I got up so I am taking that as a sign and laying off the weighing in and stressing about every little change - especially as the numbers are going up. And, don't know whether it is connected but I ate ok at work today, tho ended up buying a salad rather than having my soup but I enjoyed it and had the soup for dinner with a stuffed pepper. The last few evenings getting in from work I have eaten constantly whilst making dinner, then eating my dinner - such a bad habit I wanted to have left behind. But tonight there was none of that, cooked dinner and ate it, and I now feel full (first time for a while). Although I have 10 cal jelly and am going to try the suggestion I saw on here of adding a whisked muller yoghurt - but will leave to later if I want it.

I love the house when it is mucked out and tidy - it made me so happy on Monday not to trip over crap on the landing. Ooh, just checked my earlier post and need to add that I reorganised the furniture in our bedroom - floor is laminate, bed is on wheels and the wardrobe splits into two - so I just pushed everything around (hoovering behing things as I went) Didn't tell OH when he got home from work so he was very suprised when he went up to get changed! I love the new layout. Plus on Sunday we mucked out the little spare bedroom and now have room to use the treadmill, exercise bike plus room to do a yoga dvd. Just have to juggle the equipment around as it is a small room. Feeling very virtuous looking back at my weekend!

Curly - stats for an avocado flesh are 19 cals per 10g or 53.2 cals for 1oz (depending which weight choice you use!!)

Hope everyone is well, just going to catch up on posts now. Bess - hope all is good with you and glad to be of some help xx

Hi Wales,
I call it 'mucking' out too and I laughed when you talked about tripping over crap on the landing!! Just like here. Trouble is, I don't have anywhere to put the stuff I want/need to keep and over the last few weeks have been having a big clear up/out, moving the stuff towards one end of the house as I go, but now I'm at that end and I have to do something with it all. I've taken so much to charity shops and freecycled loads, but there's stuff I want to keep.......?

I used to do just the same as you, eating while preparing supper I mean. I'd in effect eat 2 meals, stopped that now though......well mostly. :rolleyes:

You can take the girl out of a stable but she might still live in a pig sty!

And that's what I do when I clear out - move everything into one place as I go - now it is the middle bedroom that is full of the stuff I still need to sort.

Found the cheesecake recipe - sounds awesome, I love condensed milk. I guess it would work nicely with just vanilla seeds for a plain cheesecake. Mind you OHs favourite is honeycomb cheesecake so that might be a plan for Christmas. I made a friend a cheesecake as her wedding present with a promise that I would make them another once for their first yr anniversary (which was September) so might try out your recipe on them :p

Oooh yes, vanilla, or honeycomb, what a good idea. Why don't you add the ideas to the thread and we can all try them?

Wales, you are sounding in great mindset... just chipping in to echo the 'mucking out' traits. I take tons to charity shops or pass on to friends, but shove stuff I can't bear to lose but do not use into attic. One day very soon the ceiling will fall in and I will die under an avalanche of junk! In London hotel with wi-fi, on way home soon...

xxx

Don't talk to me about clutter and junk.....im sure I will find a use for stuff that im clinging on to :)
My daughter seems to have inherited the hoarding gene, the amount of stuff i find under her pillow...surprised she can sleep!
Have a good day x

Don't talk to me about clutter and junk.....im sure I will find a use for stuff that im clinging on to :)
My daughter seems to have inherited the hoarding gene, the amount of stuff i find under her pillow...surprised she can sleep!
Have a good day x

It's terrible isn't it? The other day I found.....you'll never guess, it's quite revolting really.......oh, too wierd to mention I think. Maybe not.......:flirt2:

Wel....it might just do that!! Love the new pic btw!!

Crabstick, um was she planning a midnight feast?

When I was much younger I went to sleep with some silly putty under my pillow despite numerous warnings from my mum to put it on the side. You guessed it - when I woke up it was all in my hair and I had to have an even worse than my normal bowl haircut.

Come on Bess, let us know what it was???

Plus I agree Sleepy, cool pic!

Good-ish couple of days. Current fave is making roasted veg with cous cous, never been much of a cous cous easter before but have enjoyed it this week, so am making some more. Have a little goats cheese to go with it this evening, which I haven't eaten since the start of the diet - am so looking forward to that flavour.

Have made some good choices lately, put back a scone with butter at work today and had a 2 finger kit kat instead. Also put back a quality street when I picked up 2 just before leaving for home. It is these small things that give me a sense of control.

Also I have noticed that my portions are getting smaller. I know this week I have suffered from eating when I get home from work and then whilst cooking and then having my tea, however my tea portions are much smaller than they used to be. Which again is another sign that I am changing slowly slowly.

Happy weekend everyone, better go and get the veggies out of the over before they cremate!

Well, I'd better explain. It was wierd finding them. I have an old box in my room, on a chest of drawers with old family papers in it. When the children were small and losing milk teeth (you can see where this is going can't you?) the tooth fairy used to collect the teeth from under their pillows at night and leave a shiny new 5p piece in it's place. We don't have particularly mean fairies in Shropshire I have to add, but think about it - 5p's are about the right size for a fairy to carry aren't they? It'd be some butch fairy who could carry around pound coins and 20 teeth x 4 children = 80 quid, :eek: there aren't any wealthy fairies around here either.
Anyway, after collecting the teeth the TF would slip them into the box and go to bed......
Well the other day, during THE BIG CLEAROUT I found the TF's collection. Yuk in one way, but now I don't quite know what to so with so many little white baby teeth. I think I'll have a quiet ceremonial burning of them on the fire one night before I go to bed...but would they burn? I can't keep one from each D eother, they are all jumbled up, and it isn't quite like a curl kept from each baby head is it? :sigh: Oh dear, I'm getting broody again..

But back to the fairies....around the hill set under a spring is a huge old washing copper, for the cattle to drink from. In the spring there are wild daffodils and bluebells all around and in the autumn, those fly agric toadstools in circles - red ones with white spots. They are of course fairy rings and the children used to leave sweeties for the fairies on the rim of the pool. One morning the fairies left presents for the girls on the big stone outside the door here. They were necklaces made from rose hips threaded onto silver cotton and there were little wet foot marks where they had walked on the stone. Sometimes they'd leave a note in fairy handwriting too, or a tiny bunch of primroses.

I like your haircut though, but shame about the silly putty!

My mum still has a box somewhere that has some of my milk teeth in, but there is only one of me so would be probably no more than about 4 teeth.

But back to the fairies....around the hill set under a spring is a huge old washing copper, for the cattle to drink from. In the spring there are wild daffodils and bluebells all around and in the autumn, those fly agric toadstools in circles - red ones with white spots. They are of course fairy rings and the children used to leave sweeties for the fairies on the rim of the pool. One morning the fairies left presents for the girls on the big stone outside the door here. They were necklaces made from rose hips threaded onto silver cotton and there were little wet foot marks where they had walked on the stone. Sometimes they'd leave a note in fairy handwriting too, or a tiny bunch of primroses.

I love this, absolutely magical!

Good-ish couple of days. Current fave is making roasted veg with cous cous, never been much of a cous cous easter before but have enjoyed it this week, so am making some more. Have a little goats cheese to go with it this evening, which I haven't eaten since the start of the diet - am so looking forward to that flavour.

Have made some good choices lately, put back a scone with butter at work today and had a 2 finger kit kat instead. Also put back a quality street when I picked up 2 just before leaving for home. It is these small things that give me a sense of control.

Also I have noticed that my portions are getting smaller. I know this week I have suffered from eating when I get home from work and then whilst cooking and then having my tea, however my tea portions are much smaller than they used to be. Which again is another sign that I am changing slowly slowly.

Happy weekend everyone, better go and get the veggies out of the over before they cremate!

Well done Wales! Sounds really great, brilliant. :) Roasted veg sounds yum, think I'll do the same for our supper.

Back