Wales Daily Diary...

Hi Wales, how are you doing?

Bad day yesterday, started with one cookie and ended with more than one flake. Feel fradulent for posting on here are I am not maintaining I am putting on!

Yesterday was Children in Need and I am on the Charity Committee so involved in the events - oh yes cake stall etc. And the longer the day went on the deeper I got in and then it was like in for a cookie in for a muffin. Feeling very hormonal, arguments with OH after a couple of mins in from work, Friday night supermarket shopping, payday which always makes me feel stressed as I know how long it has to last, arrrrrrgh (Wasn't going to mention the fish and chips as they were so delicious, but still really not required!)

So today...
Drinks - peppermint tea
Breakfast - CD shake
Lunch - Porridge
Tea - Carvery out

I have a few shakes left so am going to have them for a late breakfast and eat very little today as we are out for dinner tonight.

I bought lots of carrots and sweet potato to make soup for next week.

Going to try and keep as busy and occupied today as possible. Need to pop into town this morning, rain is due to come around lunchtime and I have another bunch of stuff to load up onto ebay.

I will recover this situation :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a good weekend x

Aw Wales, lovey, don't worry and don't ever stop posting here, it's all about trying to maintain not, 'Look at me, I can do it, aren't I clever!' ( I wish!!)

It's an overall pattern we need and are trying to find but that doesn't mean eating exactly the right things every day. Have another look at KD's post on normal eating, if I was clever enough I'd find it for you..sorry. It's very good. I don't think I would/could do this without mini's, we all need each other's support. Thanks for yours too, on my thread. xx

Thanks Bess, have read KDs thread before perhaps need to read it again!

Today going well so far. Went into the kitchen to get breakfast and started getting weetabix out thinking I didn't have to have a CD shake, but I put the weetabix back and had the shake (first CD product since September). I enjoyed it and it was enough. Went into town and did my bits and pieces. Came home, made OH sausage & bacon, made bolognaise sauce and also a huge pot of carrot, sweet potato & lentil soup. And just had my porridge for lunch with a banana, and then a small cup of soup to taste it. I feel "not hungry" which is great - this Laura referred to it as neutral!

See, it can be done...

Of course it can, well done you! Isn't it funny how when we have a CD product they seem so safe and nice, but I remember thinking and writing on here at the beginning somewhere, how revolting they were, with the underlying taste of minerals and so on?!
It just goes to show really that we can learn new habits, I just need to learn the right ones most of the time.
I do think hormones have a lot to do with binging though.

Hi Wales - You are doing well! So you went over cals a day or two, it's going to happen. We can't stick rigidly to our diets every day for the rest of our lives it just doesn't happen that way. The key is to start every day with good intention and try your best. Some days will go well, others not so much. It's the average over time that matters. I overeat several times per week, but I also have days when I stick to the diet and as my on track days outnumber my off wagon days I should lose some weight albeit very very slowly.

Good for you for being involved in Children in need! With all those cakes around you'd have to be super human to resist!

Thanks <again> ladies for your supportive words...

Yesterday - stuck to my plan, went out for the carvery which was ok, they didn't have lamb so had turkey. We went quite early so wasn't that hungry and am pleased with myself that I didn't finish the plate for the sake of it. I am a terrible plate clearer, even if I say I have finished I cannot forget about the food on the plate and will pick and nibble until it all goes. But not yesterday - unsure if that is because it wasn't really delicious, or because I really had too much on my plate or a little self discipline (a mix of all 3 I think).

The choc I had later that evening wasn't on the plan, but was delicious so have accepted that. And OH had beers and I didn't even consider a glass of wine, just didn't fancy one - which believe me is an achievement.

Today - 12.10
Break - CD Shake
Lunch - Soup
Dinner - Soup & small spag bol

OH has gone off to work, it is a lovely bright morning here. I have another half dozen items to photograph and put onto Ebay, plus have about 10 things coming to an end today. So need to check wrapping stuff and buy more if needed. Am also going to cook up some savoury mince for the freezer, there is washing and ironing, unblock the bathroom sink and wouldn't mind 40 mins on the treadmill. So all in all a quiet and peaceful Sunday!!!

Hope everyone else has a fab day xx

Alli, you are a very wise woman... agree with all you have said. And Wales, you are a star, as Bess says don't ever go away, we are in this together and it's not about being perfect, just doing the best we can, and when challenged by hormones and charity cake stalls that may not always be angelic!

xxx

Aww Wales, you're way too tough on yourself hun. I've only just moved here and starting to move up and i'm screwing up, haven't even tried to eat properly yet! I cannot count how many times people have warned me that maintenance/ eating is the hardest part, so why expect yourself to do it so flawlessly. Lets face it, the majority of us binge in the same way, or are trying desperately to curb it. At least you are being honest with yourself, and seeking support to change. I'm sure if we all just plod on together, it will eventually get a little easier, bit by bit.....won't it?!! Hugs hun, heres hopingtomorrow is a good 'un xx

Well, 12.9 this morning which is promising.

What went well this weekend - portion control, reduced picking, sticking to plan 95%, no alcohol at all, getting great prices for items on Ebay and doing most of the jobs on my list
What went not so well this weekend - chocolate, not enough water and no exercise

Will give myself a B- for the weekend with the comment "Better Effort", which I am very pleased with.

Plan going forward for this week is porridge & cinamon for breakfast, soup for lunch, and soup & small protein meal for dinner.

Our clinic apt is a week tomorrow, can't believe how quick that seems to have arrived and I am determined to be comfortably within the weight threshold - I have never been to an apt and not had a negative comment about my weight and have always come away feeling like I have let me and OH down. So no more incentive needed really.

Oh except, have two 40th parties coming up in early Dec, one is fancy dress, and I want to look and feel as fabulous as I can. I don't want to get there and feel uncomfortable and think I could've done more.

Hope everyone has a great week, weather aside, let's start with a fab Monday xxx

Wow. you have a great menu. I can get ideas from this! =] Thanks! And keep it up!

Getting there Wales... I'd grade myself a D- this weekend, so think you are doing great! You have done so well and have the best incentive ever... try to stay calm and cool about the appointment, don't let the pressure affect your food choices... all of us will have fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you hun.

Big hugs and have a great Monday!

xxx

Great news about the appointment Wales! And well done on the sensible eating, you do sound positive, that's great! xx

Was doing well yesterday until I spent too long in the kitchen and ate ate ate. So today came home from work, made cup of tea and went and stuck myself to the sofa (a la Greeneyes) until OH got home. Dinner choices were quite good, pudding was too big but relatively healthy so not horrendous and better than yesterday, which is great. Also managed to not stop by the goodies that were brought into work, and also have not been anywhere near the sweet and biscuit tin at work. Yay.

Little steps, small victories.

Hope everyone is well, safe, warm and dry.

Good on you for getting back in control again after your mini blip! Glued to a sofa sounds good....my kitchen is in the centre of my home downstairs, everywhere leads there. Which is lovely and sociable, unless you are trying to avoid food:rolleyes:!! Best wishes for the appointment, bet you're counting down the days now..! Even more incentive to keep on track, what a wonderful goal to keep in the back of your mind.

Think it was 12.10 this morning. Good day today, porridge for breakfast and lunch, apple for a snack. Avoided goodies, actually that should be baddies, in the office today and went in the cupboard with the chocolates and didn't even waver! Dinner was some cous cous with chicken, broccoli, avocado and some grated parmesan. It was delicious, and I am eating it in a cereal bowl rather than a larger pasta bowl and my portions are so much smaller than before so am thrilled with that. Had 10 cal jelly with pear, low fat natural yog and a handful of special k with berries - my new best pud, not too sure of the cals but it is filling and sweet and yum. Have also had a little too much green & black, but not horrendous and all in all feel good about today. Will see what the scales say tomorrow.

Was thinking today about hungry and not hungry days - some days I could eat my own weight in food, others I am not that fussed and easily satisfied. I think they are hormone/ cycle related. I currently record my early morning temperature to support my acupuncture so am going to start recording how hungry I have been, see if there is a pattern. Maybe what I need to do is use the less hungry days to reduce total cals for the week/month to even out the more hungry days. Hmm, something to be conscious of.

Busy week coming up next week, parents in law wedding anniversary meal at a carvery, drinks with friends at the German Market (perhaps just one mulled wine), brother in laws new band has a gig, plus the ivf apt and the week is finished off with one of my best friends 40th fancy dress party over at the coast. Already worn out!!!

Sounds all good Wales, well done! Busy time ahead!

Sounds like a busy week, enjoy! Interesting thought about the hormones/portion sizes, i agree sometimes it just seems to click easier than others. Have to keep us posted as to how it goes. xx

Going ok apart from choc overload which is currently causing issues, but think I have stopped. Have also made baked cheesecake as a trial run for Christmas, but that is being shared between mine and OHs work tomorrow.

Got back on the wii fit today and also went on the exercise bike, not for a huge amount of time but it was a start and it is all set up in the spare room and there is enough room to move around in there, just.

Hope everyone else is ok, am feeling good despite choc issues (but I am working on them!)

12.8 this morning, and yesterday, which pleases me. Choc monster still there but am doing ok. Am getting through the days eating lightly, porridge for breakfast and for lunch as the munchies are coming on in the evening.

Baked cheesecake turned out well, but have given loads away and neither OH or I have demolished what is left in the fridge. Mind you OH has just gone off to work and I am home alone for the rest of the day... might wrap a piece up for mother in law and take it round there.

Had an email from my CDC checking in and it was lovely to hear from her. She was asking about our clinic apt, and it was nice to know she was thinking of us.

Went out last night to see brother in laws new band, there were great, and saw a few people who I haven't seen in months and months. A woman said she had to do a double take as she thought OH was with someone else, and then said she didn't need to know what I had done but it had obviously worked and I looked fab! I have been at this same weight since September so it is strange when people are suprised when they see you, but so reassuring and very flattering! I always feel a little awkward at first, as I don't really draw attention to myself at all, but I find when you realise that people are genuinely pleased for you it is ok. I still have issues with being "congratulated" as I am still in denial about how big I was before I started, even though I have all the photos and stats that I need. Perhaps acknowledging and accepting my pre-CD size might help in moving forward? Who knows. As I was coming to the end of SS I said to my mum - but this is how I have always looked, to me! Obviously I see the differences, clearly 80lbs of it, but I still see me. I have two pairs of jeans that I used to wear all the time before I started the diet, and they are what I lived in when we went to New York - they are baggy style from Tesco in size 20 & 22. The 20 were my "smart" pair as they were tight. The 22 were what I wore the first night I saw my CDC. They now come up to my armpits, I can get both my legs in one leg of both pairs. I took a photo of the larger pair laid on the bed with all my smaller pairs laid out on top, crazy - I will try and upload the pic later for my records. It was really useful to look at as I was having a "fat" day, "I have ruined all my hard work" day and of course I would have to go someway to ruin it in such a short space of time, but it totally demonstrated how far I have come but how if I neglect my eating and my health and myself I can go back there - and I really don't wanna. Expecially as the smallest pair of jeans on the top are my goal size 12 next slim leg jeans that I can get on, but muffin top doesn't even go there - think the whole of my hips and butt don't fit in them.

Hmmmm, ramble on with stream of thoughts, but have helped to refresh positive thoughts for me today. So I won't have toast for breakfast, think I will put some washing on, portion up some cheesecake for MIL, go on the exercise bike for 20 mins and then have breakfast. Obviously have agood browse on Minis first ;)

Happy Saturday everyone x

Back