Walking and weight loss.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Loulabella, 19 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Loulabella

Loulabella Gonna be skinny!

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Just wanted to know what peoples experiences were with adding walking to their CD journey and if it helped? If so, how long do you reccomend a day?

Louise

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emmaleighjohnson

emmaleighjohnson Pink and Fluffy Poster

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was doing a 5k training plan before I started with CD (and then had to stop for two weeks before I damaged my back). However, now I am following an Intermediate 10k plan and it is really helpful.

Running isn't a great way to lose weight as it puts a lot of pressure on your body and if there aren't enough calories it doesn't search for them it just slows your performance. However, I have found it wonderful for monitoring the changes in my body e.g. stride and general overal lean mass.

I adore walking though and that definately helps with the old weight loss and cycling. If you are close enough to the shops / work to walk or cycle I would recommend it. It's addictive though; as soon as you realise how much money you can save by not using petrol or public transport!!!

Be warned though - you will spend more on buying new clothes for your slinky new body!

4. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'd thoroughly recommend it. I usually walk for about an hour & a half - no idea how far but its at a fairly gentle pace as i normally have my two toddlers with me. I'd def have the energy to go at a moderate pace though - some days i'd really love to step it out lol

5. Loulabella

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You walk that a day??? Hour and a half?
    I've just walked for 20 minutes and am shattered, although to be fair I am only in day 3 and I dont know if Ketosis has fully kicked in yet, all I know is it has left me with a thumping headache! ???

Louise

6. karenO

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Most days if the weather is kind - but dont forget how long it takes little toddler legs to get anywhere lol If i was walking the same distance on my own without the gruesome twosome in tow I'd probably do it in half that time ;)

Hope you feel better very soon - maybe it was a bit much for you in your first few days of CD? But i'd say next week when you're in the swing of the diet & feeling more energised you'll be able to manage a fairly brisk walk without too many problems.

7. Loulabella

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have a 3 year old and he runs everywhere..... Am thinking pushchair uphills? lol
    Yep - banging headache now - think a laydown in needed and I expect your right, prob best to try next week once I am def in Ketosis.

Lousie

8. karenO

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Havent you quit smoking too? Maybe thats also why its taken a bit more out of you than you'd expect?

You're lungs are probably still adjusting to being a smoke free zone :D

Anyhooo hope a bit of a lie down helps & you've got me thinking....wonder if i stick the terrors in the double today would i get a proper walk ;) Reckon they'd go for it? lol

9. Loulabella

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yep - I quit smoking 2 weeks ago and was wondering today if the choice od doing CD and quitting smoking together was a bit silly. I am really craving food but wonder if it's a cigarette I actually need???
    Keep thinking about going to buy some.......

10. Loulabella

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yes, strap them in!!! My toddler hates the pushchair but I think he is gonna have to get used to it!!!!

11. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Girls

I walk about 6 miles a day as our school is a mile away and I work there at lunchtimes too so I am up and down there 6 times a day ... love it!

xx
    xx

12. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    i walk for about an hour once or twice a day, often my wee girls strapped in her chair ( shes disabled ) or if we go minus the chair then she takes a few steps on the harness and then ive a 10kg weight to carry for the duration ( surely that must help tone my arms or something, lol )

13. Skyemagic

Skyemagic Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hi girls,
    I walk between 3 and 5 miles a day and am loving it. Apart from some crunches, situps and pushups a few times a week that is the only exercise I do but it works wonders..

xxx

14. slimmerwithin

slimmerwithin Full Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi Loulabella, don't give in to the addiction monster in your head. He is stamping his feet and having a tantrum because he is in the process of dying and he will do anything he can to get you to light a cig. A few more days and he will be dead, don't give in. We can do this together, I had an addiction to red wine, but havent touched a drop in 8 days. I gave up cigs a few years ago, but I kept thinking about the addiction monster in my head, and how I can control him, not the other way round. Dont let him win.

15. Emm28

Emm28 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    congrats on the quitting hunni, im also 2 weeks fag free ... Dont buy any keep strong hunni xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.