Walking to target...

BrittW

Timelord
So, blame it on smoking and being overweight maybe but I HATE running.

So I've decided to take up walking. Not a stroll and nor power walking, somewhere in between that raises my heart rate.

I've bought some Reebok EasyTone trainers, so you know I mean business!! (I don't think I've ever owned trainers in my life!!)

I'm going to be putting it to myself to do some fast walking for at least 30 minutes a day, which takes me from my flat, to the centre of town and back, or maybe from my flat, to the park and back.
Might mix it up a little bit!!

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone fancied to take on the challenge with me?! :D xoxo

Hi hi :)

I'm yet to find exercise that I actually enjoy but have recently pledged to walk 30mins outside a day. I'm with you!! :D

Well done for deciding to do some exercise to help you on your way :)
I am doing something similar - walking my friends dog! It benefits us both. We go out for at least 60mins per day and are both knackered the time we get back!
Good luck xx

I bought some of those easy tone trainers too, in January.. they bring back memories of my platform shoe days in the 70's as a child hehe..
I've wore them daily when i take my dogs for walkies and i love them..
you certainly feel your thighs toning up too.
Well done you xxx

I walk 2 miles a day back home from the station each day. After a month of doing it
1) beat the bus home everyday
2) can actually tell where my arse finishes and my thighs begin
3) burn an extra 200 cals a day according to runmeter

Plus i am saving on bus fares which is great, and walking burns fat quicker than running - as long as you don't stroll of course

Yay for walking!!!!!

Walking is really the only activity I've introduced since joining SW. Before I lost the weight - walking the 5minutes that it used to take me to get to the bus stop would leave me out of breath and sweaty - never mind the shopping trip and the walk back to the house with the shopping.

After a few months with SW though I started to walk to town - took me 30minutes mind. and bus back, and then walk to/from. It's about a 1.5mile each way. Now days - It's a 6mile journey at the very least due to walking around the indirect route - and I have been known to walk 14miles on a Saturday shop. I also typically walk to/from group each week - the first time i did that took me 1hr15min.

Now - i walk to the bus stop in less then a minute, I walk to town in about 15minutes, and I walk to group in about 45minutes - and I love to explore footpaths etc, so I never quite know how long it's truly going to take me. and assuming there's no pressing reason for it - I try to never use the car for local trips out - and that goes as far as trying not to stop at the local shops (5mins walk away) if I can help it and parking car outside and going there.

2) can actually tell where my arse finishes and my thighs begin

this made me chuckle too..

i'm waiting for the day my arse isn't dangling below the hemline on my skirts!!

Walking is really the only activity I've introduced since joining SW. Before I lost the weight - walking the 5minutes that it used to take me to get to the bus stop would leave me out of breath and sweaty - never mind the shopping trip and the walk back to the house with the shopping.

After a few months with SW though I started to walk to town - took me 30minutes mind. and bus back, and then walk to/from. It's about a 1.5mile each way. Now days - It's a 6mile journey at the very least due to walking around the indirect route - and I have been known to walk 14miles on a Saturday shop. I also typically walk to/from group each week - the first time i did that took me 1hr15min.

Now - i walk to the bus stop in less then a minute, I walk to town in about 15minutes, and I walk to group in about 45minutes - and I love to explore footpaths etc, so I never quite know how long it's truly going to take me. and assuming there's no pressing reason for it - I try to never use the car for local trips out - and that goes as far as trying not to stop at the local shops (5mins walk away) if I can help it and parking car outside and going there.

Massive well done to you Ian..
thats a brilliant achievement... :)

I have taken up going for walks in the country with my OH, we did a ten mile one last weekend and we're doing another big one on Sunday that apparently takes in several big hills and was given a difficulty rating of 9/10 from the walking club website we found it on! It's great fun now the weather's getting nice and you usually see interesting stuff, from big fancy houses to nice little villages. Also I'm a big animal lover so I usually get to see nice horses and rabbits etc, which I do enjoy!

I took up walking for at least half an hour a day 2 years ago. I've been at Target for over a year now and I really love my daily walks.
I don't over-think it, just put some comfy shoes on and off I go!
I think it really helps with weight control and fitness. I don't like the gym or exercise DVD's, so walking suits me fine.

I'm aiming to do something similar. The great thing with walking is that you're more likely to stick with it than something like running, so you're more likely to see results quicker.

I'm aiming to do something similar. The great thing with walking is that you're more likely to stick with it than something like running, so you're more likely to see results quicker.

Not only that - you're more likely to do it once you start. even if it's only the old thing of getting off the bus (or tube stop if you're in London) (if you use one) a stop earlier and walking the rest of the way (mind you - with how close the stops are in places around here not sure it'll make much difference if i did that on the few times i catch a bus). Or instead of pulling in at local shops on way home (as i used to do) - but going home and walking then.

Walking has definitely benefited me completely. I walk around 3-6 miles a day and used to get out of breath at having to walk round the shops! It has toned my legs and I feel much more energised. As someone says do not over-thnk it, imagine you have no other thoughts in your head other than going out, it makes such a difference. I do this as well as the 30 Day Shred and I'm like a new person, fitness-wise. Good luck and go for it xx

Hi,
I hope you are all getting on well with the walking. I have just started and am enjoying it so far. I feel better already!

I have been walking to work (55 minutes) 5 days a week, i invested in some fitflop boots and sandals. I have been doing this for just over 3 weeks. I can really feel the benefit already my legs are really aching by the time i get to work. I have also noticed my legs are toning up and are less wobbly.

Fitflops are great. I love love walking, did the Edinburgh Moonwalk last year ( at 18 stone 5 lbs cant wait to do it at 10 stone) fitflops really helped ne walk correctly with much better posture.
I wouldn't be without them.

Back